Why did group buffs come back?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
10/01/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Venomeyes
Arcane Intellect, Power Word Fortitude, and so on....

Why did these come back? I did not miss them when they were gone. Now, people will bug me to add an infinitesimal stat to the group with a buff.

If they have to 'bug' you for this, maybe you should consider sticking to solo events?

Heck, when I am in a battleground and haven't died, my main which is a mage, constantly refreshes arcane intellect throughout the battle anyway just to make sure those that have died have the extra buff which helps with the 'team' effort of winning.
10/02/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Bornakk
10/01/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Kneeshooter

And it always feels good to be out in the world and give some passerby a buff. No cost, no effort, just a bit of extra sociable activity in a game that is frequently sadly lacking in social interaction. Used to be, but getting less so now. So this is a positive to my mind.

The interaction with other players is what always felt valuable to me.

And yet they dont even add Mark of the Wild back???????????????????????
They also did not bring back the Warlock Buff either.

But hey, Blizzard and Balance and fairness is completely RNG with a loaded die.

Just like how they hide actual drop chances and what the 'rng' system is actually working with. Not because we could then try to find a way to make it more effective.

But because we would then know most loot chances are less than 10% at best for a regular dungeon. Less than 5% for a heroic.

For the record, Artifact Power is not loot. It is a congrats, you got nothing reward which they will just take away from you in the end.
10/01/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Kneeshooter

And it always feels good to be out in the world and give some passerby a buff. No cost, no effort, just a bit of extra sociable activity in a game that is frequently sadly lacking in social interaction. Used to be, but getting less so now. So this is a positive to my mind.

I'm really valuing people yelling at me to cast Arcane Intellect in the middle of my opening Arcane Power burn because I forgot to cast it after the last time we wiped. High quality stuff.
10/02/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Wariya
Hi, Mr Bronack blue

Why druids didn't get mark of the wild back then?? :)
Because we're already just drowning in utility, clearly.
I find them to be a chore and really serve no true purpose. Player interaction? Like yelling at the priest for Fortitude? It's also great that I have to buff myself every time I switch specs.
Because bring the player not the class was reverted again. It went from, we need a mage to provide arcane intellect, a priest for fortitude, a shaman for bloodlust, tots and you better make him a draenei for hit rating, to suddenly everyone had everything or it was taken away completely, back to what it was before then.
I like my Battle Shout. I was sad when it was taken away.
I like to hit the button. I like bolstering my allies.
It always feels good to press Battle Shout. I press it, at times, just for the simple fact that I can.

I like my Battle Shout.
But where's my Mark of the Wild?!
10/02/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Whitecrow
I press it, at times, just for the simple fact that I can.

I do that on my warrior all the time.

There's something so satisfying about war cries and shouts. Very primal, cathartic. One of my favorite types of abilities in fantasy games.

The Dragonborn shouts in Skyrim were a stroke of genius, for example.

I have no idea who Bornakk is but he's clearly correct, and bringing the buffs back is like one of the only things BFA did well.

Why did these come back? I did not miss them when they were gone. Now, people will bug me to add an infinitesimal stat to the group with a buff.

I don'd mind these that much, considering a lesser version is available through scrolls.

I have a gripe with the 5% magical and 5% physical buffs only being provided by 1 class each. I think those a little overkill.
So ya hit a button, takes a microsecond

I actually enjoyed having pets for whatever buff a group needed on my BM hunter back in Warlords. It gave me a reason to look for cool colorations for different pet families. I also enjoy tossing buffs on other players as I run by, especially lower levels. I would love when I'd get mark of the wild and blessing of might when I was leveling. I'd always whisper a thank you because it was a huge benefit to have those buffs while leveling. Met a few friends that way, too.
10/02/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Bozwix

I'm really valuing people yelling at me to cast Arcane Intellect in the middle of my opening Arcane Power burn because I forgot to cast it after the last time we wiped. High quality stuff.

I reckon you should have cast AI before the pull then, to be honest. At least before your burn phase.
10/02/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Stormaker
I missed them, but the new implementation has been awful. Each buff should have at least 2 people that can do it so that's it's not so restrictive on comp. Like, for example, if you've got 2 casters in a dungeon group, you need to make that 3rd dps spot a DH or you're hurting yourself. It's good that considerations like that are back, but there needs to be more than one solution, especially for the debuffs that monk/DH provide.

I disagree.

I dislike homogenization. Keep some flavor to the classes, thank you
I like that the buffs are back. It's part of a class's identity. I'm surprised Mark of the Wild wasn't brought back.

It boggles my mind people find it a chore. You click it once and it buffs the whole group or raid and lasts for an hour. You people are really lazy.
People like the illusion that they do something I guess. Even though the dev team probably just makes things 10% harder to compensate for them.

Because they were nice additions to your class? Yanking them out was part of the gross over pruning that happened and stifled the good feel of class identity we used to have once upon a time.
I miss frost armor