Ban IO score

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
People are abusing this addon. I got AOTC on 2nd day of week 2 and have done multiple +10s in time and still cant get into a grp becuase of io score not being over 1000...

Im capable of doing anything in the game. have over decade of exp in the game. I parse 98% on most fights got AOTC first week basically after i came back to this game in a PUG mind you.

Ive done +11 in time with cool group of people who didnt care about IO score.

Yet I cant get into any groups becuase people are abusing the hell out of this addon.

Blizz needs to ban it.
honestly I wish they would ban all addons

then we would find out who the real mvps are
09/27/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Humanìty
People are abusing this addon. I got AOTC on 2nd day of week 2 and have done multiple +10s in time and still cant get into a grp becuase of io score not being over 1000...

I second this. Just this week it has only been "io score" required. I've been doing these dungeons left and right for the past few weeks and all of the sudden. "You suck because you didn't do enough Mythic+" or whatever. I only just learned of this stupid third party and it is ruining my experience and any sort of chances at doing a stupid mythic + at any level.
"No".
Oh man ... what if you like, ran your own key instead of expecting strangers to risk their keys on you?
09/27/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Kylidi

still wouldn't be you.
09/27/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Brissandy
Oh man ... what if you like, ran your own key instead of expecting strangers to risk their keys on you?

stop it with the crazy talk

logic has no place here

Yeah, just like all the people thinking they'll finally amount to something on classic.
no.

you'd see the top 100 raiding guilds die as they wouldnt understand the default UI layout ;p

also i'd miss my gathermate2 and bartender4
Ban something optional that has no effect on your gameplay?

Make your own group.
09/27/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Annastasi
09/27/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Brissandy

logic has no place here

The really funny thing is if the OP tried that and then failed his key due to baddies he’d probably jump on the IO bandwagon and see EXACTLY why people use it.
logic has no place here

#JustForumThings
Yet I cant get into any groups becuase people are abusing the hell out of this addon.

Blizz needs to ban it.
Wouldn't help.

You're basically saying you want to force people to run with you without forming social connections with you first. If it weren't this addon, it would be something else. If Blizzard eliminated all the web access to the data this thing scrapes, the addons would fall back on in-client "inspect" and possibly a database upload/sync/download site.

And if Blizzard found a way to foil that... people would probably just stop running with strangers entirely, and you'd have to form social connections to get anywhere at all (like back before the LFD/LFR tools were introduced). Well, except for the very worst players (personality-wise) for whom that wasn't even an option.

You always have the option to cut to the chase and form those social connections now. Get together friends or a guild and just run with them and ignore what the rest of the community is doing.

(That's my own plan. The rest of the team isn't ready yet, so I'm not trying to run mythics yet, but I don't care because I still have enough other stuff to do.)
09/27/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Brissandy

logic has no place here

The really funny thing is if the OP tried that and then failed his key due to baddies he’d probably jump on the IO bandwagon and see EXACTLY why people use it.

No, I wouldnt jump on the IO bandwagon becuase I genuinly think its a stupid concept.

I would invite a 370 ilvl with week 1 AOTC and couple of +10s done in a heart beat no matter what there IO score is.

They could have just not cared to do Mythic pluses and only have one or 2 +10s done so far and there score would be in thr 400s barely.

Stupid concept is stupid.
09/27/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Douglas

Blizz needs to ban it.
Wouldn't help.

You're basically saying you want to force people to run with you without forming social connections with you first. If it weren't this addon, it would be something else. If Blizzard eliminated all the web access to the data this thing scrapes, the addons would fall back on in-client "inspect" and possibly a database upload/sync/download site.

And if Blizzard found a way to foil that... people would probably just stop running with strangers entirely, and you'd have to form social connections to get anywhere at all (like back before the LFD/LFR tools were introduced). Well, except for the very worst players (personality-wise) for whom that wasn't even an option.

You always have the option to cut to the chase and form those social connections now. Get together friends or a guild and just run with them and ignore what the rest of the community is doing.

(That's my own plan. The rest of the team isn't ready yet, so I'm not trying to run mythics yet, but I don't care because I still have enough other stuff to do.)

I do run with friends. but they are not always online and I would like a fair shot at random group spots based on my perfomance. IO score is not a fair method.

You can't possibly think some one capable of gettting AOTC within first 10 days of release and having already done multiple + 10s. .... is not capable of runnung another +9 or +10 becuase io score is not over 900 or 1000...
09/27/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Humanìty
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No, I wouldnt jump on the IO bandwagon becuase I genuinly think its a stupid concept.

I would invite a 370 ilvl with week 1 AOTC and couple of +10s done in a heart beat no matter what there IO score is.

They could have just not cared to do Mythic pluses and only have one or 2 +10s done so far and there score would be in thr 400s barely.

Then do it? Run your own key and solve your own problem.

What’s stopping you? This is a completely made up non-problem. You’re not entitled to join any group you want just because you think you’re king dingaling.

Also, parsing in a raid has nothing to do with M+.

Edit: also lulz at “I’d invite a week 1 AotC player” ... that applies to like maybe 300 people in the world and hate to break it to you but they probably don’t want to play with you.

then why don't you? If you're having such a problem with low IO score preventing you from getting into groups, make your own group and get your key to +10 like everyone else did?
09/27/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Brissandy

Raid progress doesn't mean anything to M+

If io didn't exist, people just wouldn't be pugging high keys.
Successfully anyway.