Ban IO score

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
You can't possibly think some one capable of gettting AOTC within first 10 days of release and having already done multiple + 10s. .... is not capable of runnung another +9 or +10 becuase io score is not over 900 or 1000...[/quote]

Actually the opposite. It’s a lot easier to get a heroic carry than Mythic + carry.

Small teams need everyone to pull their weight. Raids can have half everyone dead and still get your achieve.

So raider.io does work.
09/27/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Humanìty
09/27/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Douglas
...Wouldn't help.

You're basically saying you want to force people to run with you without forming social connections with you first. If it weren't this addon, it would be something else. If Blizzard eliminated all the web access to the data this thing scrapes, the addons would fall back on in-client "inspect" and possibly a database upload/sync/download site.

And if Blizzard found a way to foil that... people would probably just stop running with strangers entirely, and you'd have to form social connections to get anywhere at all (like back before the LFD/LFR tools were introduced). Well, except for the very worst players (personality-wise) for whom that wasn't even an option.

You always have the option to cut to the chase and form those social connections now. Get together friends or a guild and just run with them and ignore what the rest of the community is doing.

(That's my own plan. The rest of the team isn't ready yet, so I'm not trying to run mythics yet, but I don't care because I still have enough other stuff to do.)

I do run with friends. but they are not always online and I would like a fair shot at random group spots based on my perfomance. IO score is not a fair method.

You can't possibly think some one capable of gettting AOTC within first 10 days of release and having already done multiple + 10s. .... is not capable of runnung another +9 or +10 becuase io score is not over 900 or 1000...
It doesn't at all matter what you or I think about that. (But: I have no opinion at all on that, and feel free to look at my own data to see why. Won't take you long to figure it out.)

What can you do to prove you can perform before they group with you? What objective data can people look up that doesn't force them to trust or even talk to anyone?

For randoms, there are just too many people to just accept any random DPS applicant quickly with no filter. Take this one away and they'll start using another.
People will invite for random reasons .. lfg can be crabshoot
09/27/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Humanìty
Yet I cant get into any groups becuase people are abusing the hell out of this addon.
It's not abuse in any way shape or form to vet the people you are considering bringing on to your team. You aren't magically entitled to join people's groups just because you want to. If others have a different set of goals for themselves than you do, maybe you just aren't suited to game together.

And raider.io is a good thing for the game

And you have plenty of easy ways to boost your score given how few dungeons you have done at a mid level. Since you are clearly good enough to do higher level keys you can clearly do the ones you either haven't done yet or the ones you only have at +2 at higher levels.

Beyond, all that raider.io does is show the public data that Blizzard puts out in the leaderboards in one easy to consume place. It's literally just a log of the experience you have.

To say you don't want raider.io to exist is to say that you don't want Blizzard to publish leaderboard data. And good luck with that because Blizzard intends M+ to be a competitive environment.

As long as that data is out there, something will be able to track it.
09/27/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Zezino
09/27/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Humanìty

No, I wouldnt jump on the IO bandwagon becuase I genuinly think its a stupid concept.

I would invite a 370 ilvl with week 1 AOTC and couple of +10s done in a heart beat no matter what there IO score is.

They could have just not cared to do Mythic pluses and only have one or 2 +10s done so far and there score would be in thr 400s barely.

Stupid concept is stupid.

then why don't you? If you're having such a problem with low IO score preventing you from getting into groups, make your own group and get your key to +10 like everyone else did?

I have a +10 key. but I need to run a different +10 key.

You people cant see the problem with people who have 500 io score asking for 1000+ io score and abusing the system.
09/27/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Lorsaire
raider.io is a good thing for the game

And you have plenty of easy ways to boost your score given how few dungeons you have done at a mid level. Since you are clearly good enough to do higher level keys you can clearly do the ones you either haven't done yet or the ones you only have at +2 at higher levels.

Beyond, all that raider.io does is show the public data that Blizzard puts out in the leaderboards in one easy to consume place. It's literally just a log of the experience you have.

To say you don't want raider.io to exist is to say that you don't want Blizzard to publish leaderboard data. And good luck with that because Blizzard intends M+ to be a competitive environment.

As long as that data is out there, something will be able to track it.

Trying to do the ones I havent done yet or havent done at higher level yet is exactly what im trying to do.

But all these groups with leader having 500 score them selfs is asking for 1000+ score and that right there is the problem.
I fail to aee the abuse. Without an add-on people can still choose to not invite you. The add-on simply gives information, and all your post tells me is that you think you are too good to put in the time to raise a score, like the person making the group.

And guess what. If you really are as good as you claim, do you actually want to be in a group with a person like that.
So you can tank more keys?
No.
Learn to play or stick LFR
In what world does having control over who you invite to your group = abuse?

I’d like to think you’re trolling but deep down I know you’re not.
09/27/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Humanìty
You can't possibly think some one capable of gettting AOTC within first 10 days of release and having already done multiple + 10s. .... is not capable of runnung another +9 or +10 becuase io score is not over 900 or 1000...

Sales exist, not saying you're a carry but this mentality is stupid. I used to literally have people pay our guild gold for AOTC and CE+ mount so no AOTC is not some end all be all.

Secondly you're score is lower than my mages, I am from a 2 night a week H only casual guild so raid progress means !@#$ for it. People have 600 as a cut off, just go do a guild waycrest and you're set.
09/27/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Humanìty
09/27/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Zezino

then why don't you? If you're having such a problem with low IO score preventing you from getting into groups, make your own group and get your key to +10 like everyone else did?

I have a +10 key. but I need to run a different +10 key.

You people cant see the problem with people who have 500 io score asking for 1000+ io score and abusing the system.

Probably because there isn't a problem, Thats the exact same concept of people wanting 370+ ILvl but only being 350. Its not like breaking the addon would prevent people from looking at your score, they would have to remove their entire leader board API. Whats next? Remove the ILVL Display because people want you to have higher ILVL than they do?
have done multiple +10s in time

Unless its on a different character you've only done one +11 on time. The other two high keys took so long that they are worth less than a +8. You could easily get a good score by running those 5 dungeons that have scores lower than a +5. If you did them all as +6 1 chest you would hit 700+ and be able to easily get into groups.

Also, raid parses and AOTC mean nothing in M+.
I don't know if you've ever put a +10 key into LFG, but you get an insane amount of people signing up. I won't lie, I use IO, just because there aren't that many tools I can use to sort through 100+ people signed up to my key. It isn't always IO that determines what gets you invited when there are that many people signed up.
Git gud and l2p.
Don't know why you are complaining. Anytime someone who doesn't have the experience requires insane amounts of experience is exactly the group/leader you want to avoid, consider it a gift!!!

Raider.io is a data tool. It will be abused, those are the people you don't want to be grouped with anyway.

Those that use Raider.io properly will see benefits. And you, as a prospect, should appreciate and recognize it when you see it.
People are abusing this addon. I got AOTC on 2nd day of week 2 and have done multiple +10s in time and still cant get into a grp becuase of io score not being over 1000...

Im capable of doing anything in the game. have over decade of exp in the game. I parse 98% on most fights got AOTC first week basically after i came back to this game in a PUG mind you.

Ive done +11 in time with cool group of people who didnt care about IO score.

Yet I cant get into any groups becuase people are abusing the hell out of this addon.

Blizz needs to ban it.

TLDR: “carry me”
I could post all sorts of reasons why oi is needed but why when it would be like talking to a wall.

Not that it matters because it will not be banned.
They should ban IO, damage meters and dbm. It ruins the game.
09/27/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Kylidi
honestly I wish they would ban all addons

then we would find out who the real mvps are

I agree, I'm honestly tired of these elitest people using simulators demanding we use certain talents or play a certain spec etc. There are great games out there (Cough GW2) that can make a good interface AND auction house without addons.
09/28/2018 01:00 AMPosted by Zaiya
They should ban IO, damage meters and dbm. It ruins the game.

Don't measure up? Ban rulers.