Instantly kicked from Island Expeditions

Bug Report
I keep getting instantly kicked from Island Expeditions with a 30min Deserter buff. I enter the scenario and get halfway through the loading screen before getting booted out. I then get a message saying I was removed from group. Each time I get a 30min deserter buff and after waiting and doing other things during that time I get that same thing next time I try again. I seriously doubt I am getting vote kicked before the instance loads. Reloading UI and restarting the game does not help. This issue is frustrating.

Does it on more than one character as well.
Just happened to me after doing a few successfully.
super annoying, happened several times today to me as well.
I've noticed that this only happens while I'm listening to music with Spotify. If I'm listening to music using my browser (like YouTube) then this bug doesn't happen (or so rarely that I can't connect the two). Anyone else with this problem listening to Spotify when you get kicked?
09/28/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Zyrisa
I've noticed that this only happens while I'm listening to music with Spotify. If I'm listening to music using my browser (like YouTube) then this bug doesn't happen (or so rarely that I can't connect the two). Anyone else with this problem listening to Spotify when you get kicked?

Nope - don't have or use it but have the insta-kick happen a few times on diff toons(this is not from VtK either as have seen it happen on a group of 3 ppl who went in as a team). The problem seems to be intermittent though, sometimes it happens with a deserter debuff, sometimes no debuff and sometimes doesn't happen at all. There are about 5 of these threads atm in Bug reports though so it seems quite a few are experiencing it (with the same rate of intermittence too).
The only constant I have observed is that the island screen does not finish loading into the instance before the 'city-you-came-from' loading screen kicks in and bumps you out.
Just popping in to say this is happening to me too. Instantly kicked with deserter debuff immediately seconds after loading into the instance.
Very annoying Blizzard, please fix this.... I waste enough time on this game....