No war in World of Warcraft ever

General Discussion
We've never had a war in this game. ever.

Like 500 npcs walking over to stormwind/orgrimar to kill it. and some crazy quest or something and whoever wins actually changes the game story. why not let players fight and you guys just base the story on us fighting.

I feel like you guys need a new dev team who think outside the box you guys have done the exact same stuff since ever. Take a freaking chance and try something different like WAY different if anything itll bring back players because you guys finally did something

but can we have 1 war before I stop playing please just once I wanna have a war in world of warcraft battle for hope you get the right rng drop with the right rng on traits
I agree with the new Dev team this one seems to be lazy. I believe it became just too much work for them to keep the original talent trees. In my opinion they should have kept the talent points for each level and expanded on them that way you can have as many different builds on characters as you have people playing the game instead of this three specialization cookie-cutter characters we have now.

if you want to give the tires choices why not give back the old palette reset up and give them three different setups like you do the three different specializations that they can switch between.
BC: War with the Burning Legion

Wrath: War with the Scourge

MoP: Started and ended with faction conflict

are you ok
09/28/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Quinzal

are you ok

WoD: War against the Iron Horde and then the Legion.

Legion: More war against the Legion.
I think what OP means is that it isn't mass war ingame. It's instanced or scenario'd or WF but not actually ingame.

They did it before as some have mentioned but not all the way.
You must have missed the Legion pre-patch event. Armies of Legion attacking different zones. Everyone, no matter the level, got involved and fought against them. It was a lot of fun, and really cool to see massive groups of people flying towards the commanders.

I miss it.
Same here, Merquee.
everyone missed OP saying "Whoever wins actually changes the story"

that would be new, nothing we do really has any effect on the outcome, wether you participate in any event, the ending will be what the devs write. Personally i think itd be cool to have a Horde assault on SW or Ally assault on Org, non-instanced, no limitations on abilities or gear or anything of that nature, just a free for all massive war, setup defenses on the capital under siege that can be used by players, trebuchets, wall-mounted rolling logs, a cage of wolves that can be released, spike traps, and let the attackers have catapults, battering rams, gryphons or bats to drop rogues behind the wall, let them form a phalanx style battle formation, anything really.

Just something that the game hasnt seen before and we could truly have an impact on setting the course for the future, let the winner take the capital and exile the civilians and kill the military, maybe even kill the leader/leaders of the alliance/horde and cause some kind of mayhem upon the faction.
09/28/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Cástïél
everyone missed OP saying "Whoever wins actually changes the story"

that would be new, nothing we do really has any effect on the outcome, wether you participate in any event, the ending will be what the devs write

Its always Alliance player who suggested stuff like this first, and then being salty about it when Horde, a faction with Method and Limit wins every major content or even Warmode in general.

Can Alliance stop digging their own grave?
I always thought it would be neat if players could actually take over the cities and towns of other factions. Get 1500 players together, storm Ironforge and now it belongs to the Horde for as long as they can hold it. Make it more like real war.
09/28/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Quinzal

are you ok

Try reading their post again