Warfronts are just bad.

General Discussion
I think that if you were grinding for gear or transmog they could get boring, but I had a lot of fun in a few different instances of it when people were being immersive and feeding off of each other.

I think everyone’s view will change when their is a rotation of different Warfronts (at least I believe we are getting multiple ones).

Regardless, I enjoyed them.
10/03/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Jelli
if you can't constructively discuss something why are you even bring it up. "dis a bad thing" is not something anyone at blizzard is going to listen to. formulate your complaint like an adult and come back. in the meantime, don't do warfronts?

LOL
I didn't think it was too bad. 4-5 hours and I had 340+ in all applicable slots with a 370 to boot. I do not have time to commit to raiding on a regular schedule so this was a good way for me to get a couple characters up to a level where they didn't feel completely useless at 120.

Going forward however I can only see doing warfronts on the same characters for the 370 quest and the the World Boss. So from that perspective I agree they appear to have limited replay value. Not really sure how to fix that though... I think the concept has value for people who can't or don't like raiding or PVP... Seems to need to be more like a living scenario where the variables change as do the rewards.
I had a good time fighting Muradin today, so can’t confirm this unexplainable “badness”.
They are pretty abysmal. And it seems like we are just going to get more of them. I wish they would scrap island and warfronts and Azerite and focus on things that actually work. Make classes fun again, and fun gearing. Why even bother with this tacked on, half-assed crap?
Buy a dipping bird and you'll enjoy warfronts
warfronts feel like content designed for players who are 10 years old or less.
Well, considering queues are instant pop, the resources seem fine.
Literally no point in doing them apart from gearing up alts and getting your 370 piece.
Love them, a nice change of pace. I vary the way I play them, sometimes I will attack sometimes defend and on others I will be the resource gstherer/builder.

They need to be able to be queued for by guild/premade teams though. That would make them even better
I have a suggestion to make Warfronts fun, or at least meaningful to play.

Slap a timer on it.

If the group gets within say 10% of the timer going off when the boss is killed, everyone's freebie item warforges. If they beat the timer, everyone's freebie item titanforges.

That would encourage working together - people acquiring resources, etc.

I guess something similar to what a Mythic+ dungeon timer is like.
10/03/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Jelli
if you can't constructively discuss something why are you even bring it up. "dis a bad thing" is not something anyone at blizzard is going to listen to.

To be fair, going off of the past few expansions, the people at blizzard don't listen to anything the playerbase says anyways.
It needs a mythic and maybe a pvp mode.

Boom, fixed.

Eogut now it just has no challenge and thus is uninteresting. At least to the people I have talked to.
They were fun once, now I just deal with it for the 370 item each time they're up.
10/03/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Arjento
They are pretty abysmal. And it seems like we are just going to get more of them. I wish they would scrap island and warfronts and Azerite and focus on things that actually work. Make classes fun again, and fun gearing. Why even bother with this tacked on, half-assed crap?
What's wrong with just not doing them if you don't like them?
10/03/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Oriymourne
the problems with warfronts...I don't even know if they have any problems really. The bottom line is they are just bad

Thanks. You have saved me so much time. I mean, I'm only 310: I would have to level up to 320 even to play warfronts, and since I don't raid, do dungeons or pvp, my sources of better gear are pretty limited.

Now I know it's not worth bothering. Nothing like first-hand info (and other posters seem to agree with OP).
I quite fine warfornt enjoyable at times less stressful then real pvp and nice way to get loot and be Hero of you faction, so yeah I think it fine, Just Wish there crazyer way to get ppl do rares then just "oh you get a buff" make it you beat a rare, it give up and say it work with you then some rares just die and give buff

I like when you beat a rare and you make it work for you, That what I saying also really need to sell ppl do other stuff then well pushforward.
Honestly.. they needed to do one of two things (or both actually)..

1) They should have had a Battleground version of the Warfronts that could have easily been set at the start of the battle, which would be the explanation for how Stromgarde was rebuilt and the Horde base was built.

2) They should have released with a minimum of two at the start, optimally 6 so that there is always an active phase going on for both factions.
10/03/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Aarschott
10/03/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Oriymourne
I can't think of a single thing that could be changed to make me interested in this activity.

Check out my mainhand weapon.

I got it from the warfront quest.

My surv hunter got a 375 polearm! It's really great!

Still, it doesn't change that for me it's pretty much just "Do it once for the 370 item and then forget about it".

My biggest issue is that it doesn't feel like new stuff. It feels like a bunch of older mechanics put together with 1 new mechanic to upgrade buildings with ressources / buy units...

It kinda feel like a solo alterac valley / arathi basin. Capture some points, defend them, yell in chat to defend... Kill Vanndar Stormpike, I mean whoever is commanding it, at the end.

It's just easily forgettable IMO. I would spam it more on a fresh 320 but I'm past that...
They're surprisingly bad.

Like "wow, is this what they were going for a resource limitation thing?"

They seemed proud of them in that video they put out, which worries me. If they're proud of warfronts they're totally disconnected.