Oh no... I figured out how classic will fail

Classic Discussion
10/03/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Sinelus
10/03/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Glumrot
Wow classic will be huge, do you even know how many people play on classic servers rn

No, it will fail after 1-2 months because people will realize the grind is x100 worse then BFA and only the faithful few will remain.

DH whining about classic

LOL
10/03/2018 04:46 PMPosted by You
The guy that made the decisions in Warlords of Draenor and Cataclysm, the guy who made rep grinds more difficult than before

He also was the dev team for vanilla WoW

Oh, You.
Wow classic will be huge, do you even know how many people play on classic servers rn
like 100k maybe?

and of those 100k maybe like 60-70k will actually be willing to get a sub to play classic.

and that's totally fine for a population, there's just only going to be like 2-3 servers for classic wow.

but that's not a "huge" population, but enough for the game to survive on.
10/03/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Greenegg
and of those 100k maybe like 60-70k will actually be willing to get a sub to play classic.

Don't forget those like me, who've never played a private server, and have stood in the face of "The Wall of NO!", and prevailed. I'll be there. So will many others.

How much do they pay for the client and monthly subscription on private servers these days?

LOLOLOL. Nost had 40k players at peak. 40k!!!!!! Under the Blizz banner it might be different but now and days 40k players is by no means a big deal.
10/03/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Vey
Or, Tom could just be working on their new Diablo game.

This. There are lots of rumors going around about a new diablo game in the works
10/03/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Jubearlee

Do you?

Not as a kind of "no u" retort I mean this honestly, do you have any actual numbers? Because private WoW servers have kind of small numbers and even if you add up ALL private servers you're not looking at a ton of people.

Most consumers don't like the idea of playing on shady 3ed party servers.
First off, Classic will be popping for a couple months. After that I agree it will die, especially after the first year if they never add new content.

Secondly, try 2020, at the earliest for release.
Negative - your theory pre-supposes that anyone will DO anything to WoW Classic. No one has said anything like that. If it's not a faithful recreation of that moment in WoW's history then it has failed full stop.
They don't have the talent left to code a working version of classic. It will be a cut and paste product with the same bones as bfa just different zones.

It will have scaling and al the things that broke bfa.
they will release an expansion as an alternative to TBC and reset the entire WoW trajectory with these new series of servers

they will fix all the lore !@#$ ups and game mechanic bloats all at once

classic wow will actually become WoW 2
10/03/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Phlynch
MoP, which was ok,

Alright, that's heresy.

MoP was the greatest thing Blizzard's ever made.

*Wrath
Charging $50 on top of a monthly sub.

Milking the playerbase like a cow, is already a failure.
If the Corrupted Blood isn't broken, I'm not playing.

Give the Epidemiologists a fresh case study, damnit!
So what I gather from the hipster anti-classic crew is that the game wont be successful (and by that merit should not be allowed to exist) unless it has 14 million subs.

No its not gonna peak at 100k I'm willing to bet it will at least double or triple once the hype train of twitch is allowed to stream it for reals.

Most of us have played private servers, but dont want to risk hours of time invested to log in and find out the server is shut down because papa blizz bucks found out.

So many people are just waiting for blizz to open the gates for them. They will come.

If you want to deny it fine, go right ahead. But the ball is already rolling kids.
10/03/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Tovi
There’s nothing to screw up. I don’t understand this logic.

Nothing to screw up? Nawww, just all the parts they had to re-code from scratch because they lost the original code years ago....
10/03/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Andrin
10/03/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Phlynch
Alright, that's heresy.

MoP was the greatest thing Blizzard's ever made.

*Wrath

Wrath was garbage compared to vanilla or even BC. For anyone who wants to argue otherwise I give you ToC and LFD. Two shining examples of the putridness that was Wrath. The zones, art, music, and story were all pretty good to top notch but the gameplay underneath was hot garbage.
10/03/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Sinelus

No, it will fail after 1-2 months because people will realize the grind is x100 worse then BFA and only the faithful few will remain.

You really think at this point anyone is going to be surprised by the grind?
10/04/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Ellilaine
10/03/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Andrin

*Wrath

Wrath was garbage compared to vanilla or even BC. For anyone who wants to argue otherwise I give you ToC and LFD. Two shining examples of the putridness that was Wrath. The zones, art, music, and story were all pretty good to top notch but the gameplay underneath was hot garbage.

ToC? A raid that basically amounted to filler content until they were ready to release ICC? I'll see ToC and raise you Ulduar and ICC.

LFD didn't get bad in it's Wrath incarnation, 'twas in Cataclysm they caved to GD whining and nerfed heroics into the ground. Until they nerfed Heroics in Cataclysm we maintained our guilds and networks of half decent players to run Heroics with and the community remained (mostly) intact, and the bad players were left to congregate in LFD by themselves. Post nerf, I gave up and checked out but there was a lot more wrong with Cataclysm than Heroics being hit with the nerf bat.