Dishonor System?

General Discussion
09/25/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Dinrry
They used to have that system in place, it worked, and people hated it because it worked. The outrage from pvpers proved that their entire community is based on griefing and little else.
They also hated, because you also got dhk , if you killed a opposing faction npc.100 honor loss if remembering correctly. If you happened to get to close to a town out in the world, and pull one of those npc's and were lucky enough to kill it- 100 honor lol. Could work, if were updated imo. Although you are always going to have that segment of players out there who's only joy in life is making others miserable, so losing honor wont matter to them anyways.
They used to have that system in place, it worked, and people hated it because it worked. The outrage from pvpers proved that their entire community is based on griefing and little else.

No, during raids someone would accidentally AOE a lowbie mob and DHK the entire group screwing every one over.

All I this is ignorance and salt towards PVPers.

There was never a time in the game that you received dishonor for
killing player characters. Regardless of level difference.
Players received dishonor for killing NPCs marked as "Citizen" in
other faction towns.

They got rid of it because guilds trying to raid the other factions
towns were receiving dishonor because someone would always kill
citizens in the raid. It was destroying players PVP rankings causing
players to not raid cities anymore.
Can't wait til Classic comes out.
I say yes because I want that title.
You can simply turn off warmode. Why do you have it on in the first place?
Make all PvP zones phased to your expansion level so lowbees can PvP in zones they're supposed to and if some high level players want to PvP in some old area for old times sake all the NPCs will be matched to their level and they'll only see other players who are in their expansion bracket. Now the lowbees can play their areas the way they're meant to be played and the high level players can have some nostalgic PvP.
09/25/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Sapncrunch
Can't wait til Classic comes out.

I'll make sure to make a rogue on a pvp server and camp lowbies.
09/25/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Briallia
Can we add a dishonor system to the game for killing people outside your level bracket? Less/no honor, reduced stats, a force used title even? Warmode can be fun if it's people your level but when a 120 one shots you and then just runs away it tends to get a litte... tedious.

There was one once and the people saying people hated it or cared are stupid or lieing. Usually the people tanking and killing in low level areas wasn't the people pushing for GM or HWL they might pvp a bit but nothing serious. The gankers were normally people not great in pvp but pve raiders who were off night from raiding and bored. This gave them a basic score to keep up with. I remember on dieally on burning legion server on attrition we used to basically have competitions on who could get the most dhk a week / month with lil rewards like maybe 1g or so many dkp points.
09/25/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Viralence

No, during raids someone would accidentally AOE a lowbie mob and DHK the entire group screwing every one over.

All I this is ignorance and salt towards PVPers.
So what were you doing inside southshore and crossroads in a raid for? This perpetual dodging reminds me so much of the "states rights" excuse for the civil war. Well what "state right" were you talking about?

All this is saying is that you could not even handle a single restriction to your griefing. That it was too much to ask you to not include quest givers in your rampages.

09/25/2018 07:44 PMPosted by Chibisue
Make all PvP zones phased to your expansion level so lowbees can PvP in zones they're supposed to and if some high level players want to PvP in some old area for old times sake all the NPCs will be matched to their level and they'll only see other players who are in their expansion bracket. Now the lowbees can play their areas the way they're meant to be played and the high level players can have some nostalgic PvP.
Beautiful idea. Except "pvp" has always been a euphemism for ganking.
Why not follow in GW2s footsteps and lower the level to the zones.
If your a higher level player your level is lowered to that of the zone your in so lowbies have a fighting chance at least.
Or do what they do in BFA and try to scale everything in warmode.

I convinced some friends to level lowbies as a group in warmode and was griefed by an allince hunter even though there were 5 of us.
*feels bad man*
Would be nice to be able to turn the tables on those people who suck at pvp and just want ruin others day.

Would probably have more people leveling in warmode to. Pvp breaks up the monotony of questing.
09/25/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Floyln
09/25/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Dinrry
This brings the question:
"Why were you hanging around crossroads/southshore? What about all those lowbie corpses? Did your "friend" do that too?"

The Barrens was Horde territory. Lowbies weren't being ganked there. Attacking X-roads was all about starting some WPvP.

Attacking the Crossroads was all about harassing lowbies by preventing them from interacting with questgivers or the flightmaster.
So what were you doing inside southshore and crossroads in a raid for?
Because the other faction was almost certain to get a raid together as a response and large scale wPvP was fun in vanilla? I don't know if you didn't ever participate, but raiding towns was not about ganking lowbies. It was about drawing out max level characters to have big battles. Hence the SSvTM brawl that replicates it. Crossroads was the same thing, people called for help in Org and there were huge brawls there too.

People that wanted to gank low levels went to STV.

e:
09/25/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes
The Barrens was Horde territory. Lowbies weren't being ganked there. Attacking X-roads was all about starting some WPvP.

Attacking the Crossroads was all about harassing lowbies by preventing them from interacting with questgivers or the flightmaster.
Doesn't sound like how I remember vanilla wPvP at all. Nobody was organizing raids just to harass lowbies. Your account doesn't seem to have any record before 2014. Were you even there?
Can we add a dishonor system to the game for killing people outside your level bracket? Less/no honor, reduced stats, a force used title even? Warmode can be fun if it's people your level but when a 120 one shots you and then just runs away it tends to get a litte... tedious.

Well, it worked just fine for 13 years. Now suddenly you want to change it? Why?

Or were you playing PVE for 13 years, and now have decided to play with warmode on? If so, why?

One-shotting low-level players is part of the game. It has been for more than a decade. What you are asking for is some new, different ruleset.
09/25/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Qri

Well, it worked just fine for 13 years. Now suddenly you want to change it? Why?

Or were you playing PVE for 13 years, and now have decided to play with warmode on? If so, why?

One-shotting low-level players is part of the game. It has been for more than a decade. What you are asking for is some new, different ruleset.

Lol so basicly you just want to keep oneshotting lowbies, that's not really an argument for a working wpvp system.

That's fine but changing it up could potentially re invigorate the Wpvp scene.

No one likes being griefed by someone who's obviosly just there to ruin your day.

Sure "just turn it off" is an option but I like to Wpvp sometimes and while I understand I'll win some and lose some, and I'm sure there will be times where I'll get group camped but at least I have a chance of equaling the odds by calling some friends instead of having to long on to my 120, then "maby" getting into the same shard so I can put the little griefer in their place.

But I'd rather just win or lose by my own ability.

Saying "but but but muh 1 shot" isnt a valid argument especially in a system that encourages wpvp play.

Edited: because wall of text
Let's be honest.

DHK's is going to be honorable kills to sylvanas...
why dont blizz just implement a cap killing system like in runescape where you could only kill people above or below certain levels than you.
09/25/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes

That wasn't why we did it. Those lowbies usually had mains parked at the inn so they could engage us.

Killing NPC's set off world defense too.

With 30+ min BG queues it help pass the time.
09/25/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Karat
You already don't get honor for people that are grey to you.

People hated DHKs because if someone in your group killed a civilian mob you could lose days worth of progress towards the next rank. People that didn't care about that still ganked away.
yeah it wasn't that it was horrible we have dishonorable kills, but what was horrible was that players abused the system to grief others
personally I think it would be cool to have shards with level brakets and the scaleing implemented in BFA. some people don't like the scaleing in BFA, and some people are gonna !@#$% cause they cant gank, but the truth is im 100% positive more people don't like ganking.

as long as the world was still populated (which dosent seem to be an issue with me while im leveling) if there were scaleable level brackets with war mode so players don't get killed buy a 120 pressing one button, it would be way better imo.
there would have to be scaleing like BFA's questing, but if they could make it work do it.

i feel like a big reason people dont turn on Warmode is because they're afraid of getting ganked and insanely unfair fights, but with something like this you would only get "ganked" by a group of twinks or something; and you can still beat twinks if there are enough of you around, still makeing it better than what we have now.

that said ive never ganked and dont enjoy pressing one button. for me whats fun and interesting about pvp is the engagement it reqires more so than other content, and the challange of fighting another player is way hogher than a random NPC mob out in the world.