Dishonor System?

General Discussion
09/25/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Aeroga
why dont blizz just implement a cap killing system like in runescape where you could only kill people above or below certain levels than you.
that would be really immersion breaking, I think the answer is with sharding and scaleing tech, and than negate that in certain areas like stormwind elwynn and durotar.

honestly though if they just upped it so guards were like raid NPCs or higher mythic+ mobs that could give players at lower levels somewhere too hide and be given sanctuary
Ganking has been a quintessential part of WoW since it's inception. These new players would rather everyone wear a straitjacket if it meant their precious feelings didn't get hurt time to time during their 10% extra XP leveling.
09/25/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Briallia
Can we add a dishonor system to the game for killing people outside your level bracket? Less/no honor, reduced stats, a force used title even? Warmode can be fun if it's people your level but when a 120 one shots you and then just runs away it tends to get a litte... tedious.

I mean if i get the title the dishonored for wrecking lvl 20 buttholes sign me up ill actually farm a title for once
09/25/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Dinrry
They used to have that system in place, it worked, and people hated it because it worked. The outrage from pvpers proved that their entire community is based on griefing and little else.

they couldnt take it because they would get griefed back... and we know how little a ganker likes to be ganked themselves, not even metaphorically.

09/26/2018 12:22 AMPosted by Koltira
Ganking has been a quintessential part of WoW since it's inception. These new players would rather everyone wear a straitjacket if it meant their precious feelings didn't get hurt time to time during their 10% extra XP leveling.

translation : "I had to suffer through it, make everyone else suffer as well"
Times I don't enjoy WM: Players on 120s who apparently can't get into raids or M+ (judging by their B-net profiles) decide camping level 40 quest hubs is their only way to feel accomplished in game.

Times I enjoy WM: Leveling an alt, questing, when I see a rogue land nearby and go into stealth. I know he's coming for me, not sure whether he knows I saw him land and expect his ambush. He springs his ambush; I spring my trap, and we have a running battle across Hellfire Peninsula.
A dishonorable title.? Are you kidding me? I would love that! I dropped WM at 120 but if there is a cool title that says I’m a ganking scum then I’ll happily go and stabby stab the lowbie lows!

OP, I think I’m going to have to out now and gank someone in hopes of furthering this endeavor.
09/26/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Canopia

translation : "I had to suffer through it, make everyone else suffer as well"

Couldn't be more correct. The tears of lower levels sustain me. It's even better when they get on their main, as I'm gone. I'm so good at it that I can almost always time when they'll log off their main and return to the alt.

When I strike again! Huzzah! I am the big man.
Anyone else noticing how few of the players who support ganking are accomplished at anything else in game? Don't or can't raid, don't or can't M+ apparently, judging by their gear. I'm not saying there aren't any exceptions, but the trend I'm seeing is most gankers aren't doing any level-appropriate end game content, so maybe ganking lowbies is the best they can do. Almost feel sorry for them, when you think of it that way.
09/26/2018 12:37 AMPosted by Hugurmugg
Almost feel sorry for them, when you think of it that way.

Thank you for your compassion. We are a dejected lot, the outcasts of WoW's "bourgeoisie", or in your more common tongue, "the good players". Like Lucifer who fell from heaven, we were once like you, toiling away at our mundane routine of trying to PUG our way into getting gear, then finding a "good" guild, then raiding and getting the highly sought after "M+ gear"

Alas, the gods have not smiled upon us. Pity us, brother. But never become one of us.
Warhammer Online had a system that when a high lvl player went back to gank low lvl players, it turned them into a chicken then scaled their lvl down to the zone they were in. The "chicken mechanism" was especially comical.
09/25/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Dinrry
09/25/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Webson
Nevermind, keep crying about gankers. Infact, I think I'll gank some lowbies tonight on your behalf. Peace :P
griefers would do that no matter what, it is where their entire self-worth is held for some reason.

You get ganked alot huh? Maybe.. i dunno try not doing that
They used to have that system in place, it worked, and people hated it because it worked. The outrage from pvpers proved that their entire community is based on griefing and little else.

lol no. The system didn't work. The people that didn't care carried on what they were doing regardless. Killing low level NPCs and players alike - Just as they always had. Those that did care were infuriated when some stupid NPC got dragged into the fight unintentionally and got killed - Causing people to lose significant progress in the honor system.

That system was removed because it didn't function as intended at stopping the behavior, and those who did care that were severely punished for something that frequently wasn't their fault or intention hated it.

It was a failure.
09/25/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Webson

This couldn't be further from the truth than the Earth is flat.

It didn't work, you got punished because your buddy killed an NPC.

The system NEVER punished you for actually killing players. The system did absolutely nothing against griefing lowbies. Literally nothing.

Stop spreading false rumors.

The anti pvp crowd lives on lies.
Going to preface this with: not a ganker and my WM is off even on my 120s.

The people who say old DHKs had zero effect on ganking but a huge effect of those emergent gameplay massive pvp wars are 100% correct. They only punished NPC deaths, not player or lowbie deaths. I think Blizzard’s reasoning was to stop lowbies from feeling unsafe even in “sanctuaries” like the crossroads. But all it did was punish the people who liked the big (and as fair as possible) pvp group wars. Gankers griefing quest NPCs DID happen, but it was much rarer to see that than getting ganked in STV/Duskwood/etc.

World pvp was already on the decline by the time this happened in late Vanilla with the rise of BGs, but DHKs were the final nail in the coffin.
Suck it up and move on. When you activate war mode, you're are literally telling the opposite faction to kill you on sight. How hard of a concept is that to grasp?
Pvp happened with warmode on.

Don't like it? Turn warmode off.

Yep. Was how it was in Vanilla. PvP was revamped in BC, and DHK's were removed. Town wipes skyrocketed in BC. At one point there were more horde in Menethil than there were alliance players. I'm sure low level horde towns were often razed by high level alliance players too.
09/26/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Ghöstëd

The more players who turn WM off, the less WM there is for anyone.
09/25/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Briallia
Can we add a dishonor system to the game for killing people outside your level bracket? Less/no honor, reduced stats, a force used title even? Warmode can be fun if it's people your level but when a 120 one shots you and then just runs away it tends to get a litte... tedious.

Problem with it is that people could reverse grief using that. They can get on a low level alt and just follow a high level, standing in their AoE, trying to get killed.

If you don't want to get griefed by a high level as a low level, you're literally 2 button clicks away from turning off WM.
09/26/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Hugurmugg
09/26/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Ghöstëd

The more players who turn WM off, the less WM there is for anyone.

Not really... I'm still keeping mine on. It's less WM for Alliance.