Timewalking Dungeons = Way overtuned

General Discussion
Even after the nerf/buff for timewalking, they are still ridiculously overtuned.
If you are having issues, it's you, not anything else. Walked through them last night, pulling trip and quad packs, the entire way. The seem very undertuned to me, at least on the tanking end.
on my shaman healer i had to non-stop spam my fastest heal to keep the tank and everyone else alive. the dps would get 2 shot at best, 1 shot at worst for the trash mobs.

i am 1700 timewalking coins away from the mount, but i think i will either role as a horrible dps or not run them. it was a lot harder than mythics.

maybe some are easier than others. i had no problem with the one that was underwater. i dont remember the names now
Cata dungeons were hard, plain and simple. Not to mention that this round of TW is equivalent to Normal level mechanics, so it is easier than it has been in the past.
I don't know if it's working as intended but I ran stonecore last night and I noticed that Ozruk's Shatter is doing 70k dmg. Also, his earthquake ability does about 11k dmg, which is about 50% hp for the tank and 75-90% for the rest of the party. And the last boss' purple aoe ability is instakill; and not like you can stay in the zone for 2-3 secs before moving and dying, it's really instant death.
Finished off my time walking quests with a bunch of terribad randos , as a resto shaman... it’s fine, a bit challenging at times due to mechanics but that’s about it. You have to do the mechanics right or you get crapped on, it’s not anything new.
It's not consistent. Some dungeons are ridiculously easy, with everything melting instantly, while others have the tank getting 1-shot every other pack. Stonecore and End Time seemed to be the worst I ran into. Grim Batol was trivial in comparison.
i'm a new Prot Warrior, I've always played fury before and the only time I've struggled is just forgotten mechanics lol. Its been a while.
09/27/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Beardedmoose
I don't know if it's working as intended but I ran stonecore last night and I noticed that Ozruk's Shatter is doing 70k dmg

Shatter was pretty much always an insta-kill. Ozruk is more or less impossible if your plan is to ignore mechanics.
09/27/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Kalyeatrish
It's not consistent. Some dungeons are ridiculously easy, with everything melting instantly, while others have the tank getting 1-shot every other pack. Stonecore and End Time seemed to be the worst I ran into. Grim Batol was trivial in comparison.

Stonecore was always difficult. The same things that wiped groups in TW wiped groups when Cata was current.

I one-shotted End Time without much difficulty.

From my limited PoV, this is all about knowing the mechanics.
Pugs have been a miserable experience as a healer. Stonecore and End Time were just brutal. Cata TWing has always been less forgiving but to have it up first in an expansion with so many undergeared/fresh players that want to steam roll through it makes it grueling to pug.
09/27/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Hexblades
If you are having issues, it's you, not anything else. Walked through them last night, pulling trip and quad packs, the entire way. The seem very undertuned to me, at least on the tanking end.

You're an idiot.
Tanked one with few tanking pieces, was a breeze. Maybe because I'm also blood, but still. Was fun to relive Cata.
Ran all 5 of them with a group of friends with no issue at all. Not sure what's the problem here. Dungeons seems to be tuned just ok.

That being said, if you group with people that don't know what they're doing, it's not the game's fault sadly.
09/27/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Hexblades

There is always "that guy" who rolls thru content, never has lag, never has this issue, or that issue. yada yada yada, blah blah blah.

Meanwhile thousands of threads to the contrary.
Just be happy halls of origination isn't on the list of dungeons.
Easy peasy, I like it actually, can't just ignore all mechanics. It's the way they should be.
Not all TW dungeons are tuned equal. stone core is waaay out of whack. I've determined for my healing sanity, if I get that one I'll eat the 30 minute deserter lockout... ill watch one episode of The Office on netflix and come back to try rando potluck instance /LFG after.

I'm sure all the dps saying "L2P it's fine for me duuuh I'm L33T !!!!" Dont mind as your ilk ignore mechanics, stand in all the fire and yolo tunnel regardless of content... but healers and likely tanks are not nearly as carefree skip through zones with your boots untied ... we have to actually try to pay attention and some of the mobs and bosses do over 100%+ health damage with one-shot..

Maybe you started playing in draenor but cata was never one-shot helpless
It’s hard but I don’t mind it tbh.
Ran them...no issues.

Perhaps, just perhaps, this is a PEBCAK situation more than it is an issue with the dungeons?