Game is slowly sinking.

General Discussion
09/28/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Bojanglz
09/28/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Dranosh
But maybe if we sell this $60 boat mount, we wont sink.

WOW. Did you think of that one all by yourself? Who's a big boy? You are a big boy! Oh. Can you please show us numbers too to back your story up? Didn't think so.

no i cant show numbers b.c blizz hides them. imo thats PROOF thats its declining
09/28/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Dranosh
WOW. Did you think of that one all by yourself? Who's a big boy? You are a big boy! Oh. Can you please show us numbers too to back your story up? Didn't think so.

no i cant show numbers b.c blizz hides them. imo thats PROOF thats its declining

Lack of data is not proof of anything.
09/28/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Krenindor
no facts, only whining, and coming from an orc.. unexpected.

Facts? you want facts? how about the fact that 25% of posts are identical to this one...
09/28/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Snowfox

But hiding... is proof of fear.
09/28/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Dranosh

But hiding... is proof of fear.

..or that the metric isn't as useful as another metric.. and you stop giving out a metric because people were overfocusing on the wrong thing.
To be fair there are some cool role play things you could do with the mount. It would be cool to see a fleet of these boats attacking a capital city.
Was planned months ago as a promo not sinking.
""slowly""

also why do people take criticisms against the game so personally
I've seen enough pirate ships floating around to know it was a good business move. Don't be jealous that you didn't think of it first.
09/28/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Pandagodx
""slowly""

also why do people take criticisms against the game so personally

Well.. why do people take rebuttals to doomsaying so personally?
09/28/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Kraftsingles
I've seen enough pirate ships floating around to know it was a good business move. Don't be jealous that you didn't think of it first.

im not jealous at all. it was a good business move i agree. BUT... was it the correct one to move the game in the right direction?
09/28/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Snowfox
"wow is dying!"*

I'm getting so sick of seeing that sentence. I just want to punch my laptop and kick a puppy every single time.
OH, and Motley Fool has it as #3 stock to purchase. So there's that.

Till you get in the water.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

its proof of something, that the numbers are doing something that Blizzard is hesitant to show the general public, and we all know Blizzard loved throwing that "12 million subscribers" in peoples faces at every turn. So if the numbers arent going up... then the logical realization is they must be going down.

Well the boat sinks, what do we do now??

its proof of something, that the numbers are doing something that Blizzard is hesitant to show the general public, and we all know Blizzard loved throwing that "12 million subscribers" in peoples faces at every turn. So if the numbers arent going up... then the logical realization is they must be going down.

It's logical to assume we're lower than Cata, since they stopped reporting in wod.

It doesn't tell us anything about wod, legion, or bfa.
09/28/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Snowfox
"wow is dying!"*

* On repeat since 2004

There have always been drama queens.

However, it seems to me that Blizzard's own actions indicate that the game isn't exactly performing as they expected. I think the cash isn't flowing in at the rate that makes everyone feel secure, and new games to sell are a ways out, and micro-transactions in other games have fallen off a lot. Just my opinion. It is honestly just a gut feeling, and you have no reason to think I am right.

But I bet I am.

It could also be to bring reporting in line with other games or studios.

Example -

if you want to compare financial outlook for a Free 2 Play game vs. a Subscription game - you need to find a metric thats comparable.

Total players sucks: F2P games have far more players.
Subscriptions suck: F2P games don't have subscribers.

MAU or Time Played makes a lot more sense, honestly.

Didn't cost me an extra cent. Guess your logic is broken.