Are you motivated to level alt?

General Discussion
I’ve leveled 3 heros to 120. I’m an altaholic and BFA is not kind to folks like me. If you’d enjoy grinding rep on multiple heros the by all means, level an alt. My sub runs out on 10/10/18. With the rep grinds, Azerite grinds, RNG, and PvP rewards setup leveling alts has never been worse.
09/30/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Tankanbank
Why do people act like legion was great for alts?

Because it was?

After they nerfed the Artifact Knowledge level thingy after a few patches, AP grind became a cakewalk.

Legion Assaults made leveling alts super fast & easy as well.
I'm already on my third, with plans for two more!
Having a blast~ :)
There are things that I enjoy in wow and I do enjoy leveling through to Cata. Some classes and specs are indeed awkward and need some work. Overall it's fun.

However

Leveling to max right now with end game being what it is. NO. There is no reason to. If i get to max level now I have to start farming gear and Azerite armor. Despite how the balance tuning is going which is slowly getting SOME piece in line overall there are piece which are good for M+ some for Raid some for PVP. In order to acquire what I NEED/WANT with the M+ pool of POTENTIAL Azerite rewards my odds of getting it are so low it is less than a Hunter in BC trying to get Legendary Bow in Sunwell if they had a guaranteed weekly clear and master loot.
I'm struggling to even level an Alliance alt. The classes feel too similar and scaling makes the very process feel counterproductive
Heck no. It takes way too long and the rep grinding that I'd have to do again for professions and the HoA kinda kill that.

To be fair though, I've never leveled alts. I only did it in WoD when it was super fast and easy.
I have 5 120's right now, and might level something else soon. so yeah.
09/30/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Zaria
09/30/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Tankanbank
Why do people act like legion was great for alts?

Because it was?

After they nerfed the Artifact Knowledge level thingy after a few patches, AP grind became a cakewalk.

Legion Assaults made leveling alts super fast & easy as well.

"Few" Patches. Well, I played for about 5-6 months and it was still a mess from what I remember.

And BFA is fixing to get their own invasions. This is how it always goes. By the end of BFA, after everything is fixed, people are gonna praise it like you are right now for alts, and not being able to make an alt is exactly why I quit legion in the first place. I was burnt out of my spec and I hated playing it, and the thought of starting over on what I wanted, I just said nope and quit.

It w asn't great for alts for quite awhile. People complain about every xpac, Every one of them. And then praise them based on the finished product as before the next one comes out. Poeple complained in Legion around this same exact time. People complain in every xpac around this time.
With ap grind and rep grind at an all-time high? No desire whatsoever until I have Pathfinder completely done.
I race changed this DI from a 110 Pally... All my allied race chars that start at 20 never make it to 60. Heritage Armor is not a juicy enough carrot for the pain of leveling.
I'd rather spend the 60+ hours getting to 120 by farming Anchor Weed and being able to buy two or three boosts off tokens with plenty to spare.

So no. Too bad I don't even have a desire to level any of my 110 alts, such as this guy.
Indeed. Playing alts more heavily than ever before because I’ve already run out of content for BfA.
Motivation for now is professions, I took my priest from inscription 1-77 tonight.

What will be my 4th 120 dinged 116 tonight as well.

But I have not touched my 91 Highmountain or my 20 Dark iron dorf. So yea somewhat lacking. Mostly in terms of time.