SV in Myth +

Hunter
You know it's a video game, not everyone is trying to push the most competitive content available and just want to have fun.

OP never stated they were pushing to be the top M+ player. They simply asked if Survival works in M+.

Yes it works, yes people enjoy it, yes there may be classes that outshine it in certain areas.

But does it work in M+, yes, yes, yes.
10/03/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Redrun
You know it's a video game, not everyone is trying to push the most competitive content available and just want to have fun.

OP never stated they were pushing to be the top M+ player. They simply asked if Survival works in M+.

Yes it works, yes people enjoy it, yes there may be classes that outshine it in certain areas.

That's not what they said at all. You obviously didn't even read the OP, so I'll re-post it for you.

10/01/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Integralz
Anyone able to tell me how SV is doing in mythic +? I'm torn between hunter, warlock, and DH in the long run. Feel like BM is going to start lagging behind as things progress.

They didn't ask "if it works", whatever that means, they asked "how it was doing" as they were "torn between hunter, warlock, and DH in the long run" because they were concerned that "BM is going to start lagging behind as things progress".

Now does that sound like they're interested in competitive performance, or that they "just want to have fun"?
10/03/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Bellegar
10/03/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Redrun

That's not what they said at all. You obviously didn't even read the OP, so I'll re-post it for you.

Anyone able to tell me how SV is doing in mythic +? I'm torn between hunter, warlock, and DH in the long run. Feel like BM is going to start lagging behind as things progress.

They didn't ask "if it works", whatever that means, they asked "how it was doing" as they were "torn between hunter, warlock, and DH in the long run" because they were concerned that "BM is going to start lagging behind as things progress".

Now does that sound like they're interested in competitive performance, or that they "just want to have fun"?

Simply sounds like they don't want to be bottom of the pack. But you can continue being try hard about it, no sweat off my back.
10/03/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Redrun

Simply sounds like they don't want to be bottom of the pack. But you can continue being try hard about it, no sweat off my back.

Let's be real for a second, if you weren't bothered by being called out for obviously not even reading the OP before hammering out that ridiculous post, you wouldn't be in damage control mode right now. You'd have just manned up, admitted you made a mistake, and moved on. Instead you backpedaled and fired off a cute little parting shot to try and signal how not bothered you really are, "try hard" indeed.
10/03/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Bellegar
10/03/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Redrun

Let's be real for a second, if you weren't bothered by being called out for obviously not even reading the OP before hammering out that ridiculous post, you wouldn't be in damage control mode right now. You'd have just manned up, admitted you made a mistake, and moved on. Instead you backpedaled and fired off a cute little parting shot to try and signal how not bothered you really are, "try hard" indeed.

Nah, not at all. I just have no need to argue with some dude over a simple question.

Is SV Mythic + viable? - Yup.

Have fun arguing that fact friend.
Unfortunate that any topic that COULD be a great conversation point usually turns into name calling for multiple pages instead of a discussion about the game, which most people come to the forums in search of.
10/03/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Bellegar
10/03/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Nessfalco

Wow. The projection here. Listing stats with zero context is not "reals", nor is criticizing you for simply posting statistics with absolutely zero analysis behind them "feels"—it's just calling out the intellectual laziness of presenting an aggregate statistic as if it is self-evident or conclusive of anything consequential.

The mere fact that you can say "stats don't lie" and attempt to dismiss a post as "muh feels > reals" as refutations with complete sincerity shows just how immature, sophistic, and intellectually bankrupt you are.

Disregarding statistics without any intellectually honest attempt at refuting them, all while invoking righteous indignation. Hmm, now where have I heard that before?

But hey, if you want to get personal, let's get personal.

One look at your logs and I can see that you're a painstakingly average player (56th percentile in H Uldir) and are being carried by extraordinary players (Blinden and Peppernello). Surprise surprise, these are also the players that you're running M+ with, so it stands to reason that they're carrying you there as well, and this has obviously warped your perspective on your M+ performance and SV desirability in M+.

Because I'm feeling extremely generous, here's a free tip for the day: pretending SV is great in M+ and ignoring the deficiencies it has over far more 'feature complete' melee specs isn't suddenly going to make SV a desired spec for M+.

I don't expect you to honestly address any of this (your kind never does) or take any of it to heart, but hey, it should provide some mildly entertaining reading for our audience.

Do you know what they say about people that live in glass houses?
https://imgur.com/aEFHGR2
https://imgur.com/t2Zf7Js
https://imgur.com/rfmr8bV

Reading your rankings by ilvl (as you should since it doesn't matter if you parse higher than people 10-20 ilvls below you) you are (what was the phrase?) painstakingly average (55th percentile in H Uldir) by ilvl. So congrats on brute forcing meters by being higher ilvl than the majority of people running heroic, but you are clearly outclassed by the majority of other people at your same ilvl, as evidenced by your 24% parse on mythic Taloc. I'm sure you assume you have a higher absolute parse because you're awesome, but the reality is that you got pretty lucky with gear and are literally 10-20 ilvls higher than most of the people you run with.

And while I don't particularly care about rankings (that's more Blinden and Perpernello's thing, as they are awesome players and like competing in that way), I will point out that you managed to have a lower score by ilvl than me in both normal and heroic by ilvl despite having run both of them far more than I have and while being an incredibly condescending, tryhard douche, so kudos on that, too. I could go on more about how my weapon and trinkets are my lowest ilvl slots between 340 - 355 (trinkets alone would cause about a 1k dps difference), but it really isn't necessary as you aren't interested in anything beyond raw, context-less numbers.

This is what I mean by actually reading the stats you put out there. Simply shoving an orange log in someone's face when you're literally 10-20 ilvls ahead of the majority of people running the raid is either sophistic or naive—take your pick.

Additionally, your responses to others in this thread show that you are perpetually angry and have severe difficulty conversing without being confrontational. I feel bad for you.

The worst you've been able to say about me is that I'm of average skill at a video game; the worst you've shown of yourself is that your (false) perception of how awesome you are at this game and the authority you think that brings means a whole lot to you, and that you enjoy attempting to wield that over others.
Ladies, ladies. I'm gonna have to call a flagrant foul on both of you and demand you return to your corners to cool off. It's a forum not an arena.

Ps: mine is bigger than both of yours where it matters. In real life.

Within the Top 5 of DPS specs.

Beast Mastery slipped to the mid-pack position.
10/04/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Cowterstrike

You are talking about raids. M+ is completely different. I wouldn't put any hunter spec anywhere near rogue/mage/warlock/balance/DH for M+

Right now SV in +10 is bottom 5, so it's chilling with MM, Fire Mage and Unholy. Then again, it's 100% an AoE issue, if the group you run with has AoE covered you'll be fine.
10/03/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Nessfalco
10/03/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Bellegar
Disregarding statistics without any intellectually honest attempt at refuting them, all while invoking righteous indignation. Hmm, now where have I heard that before?

But hey, if you want to get personal, let's get personal.

One look at your logs and I can see that you're a painstakingly average player (56th percentile in H Uldir) and are being carried by extraordinary players (Blinden and Peppernello). Surprise surprise, these are also the players that you're running M+ with, so it stands to reason that they're carrying you there as well, and this has obviously warped your perspective on your M+ performance and SV desirability in M+.

Because I'm feeling extremely generous, here's a free tip for the day: pretending SV is great in M+ and ignoring the deficiencies it has over far more 'feature complete' melee specs isn't suddenly going to make SV a desired spec for M+.

I don't expect you to honestly address any of this (your kind never does) or take any of it to heart, but hey, it should provide some mildly entertaining reading for our audience.

Do you know what they say about people that live in glass houses?
https://imgur.com/aEFHGR2
https://imgur.com/t2Zf7Js
https://imgur.com/rfmr8bV

Reading your rankings by ilvl (as you should since it doesn't matter if you parse higher than people 10-20 ilvls below you) you are (what was the phrase?) painstakingly average (55th percentile in H Uldir) by ilvl. So congrats on brute forcing meters by being higher ilvl than the majority of people running heroic, but you are clearly outclassed by the majority of other people at your same ilvl, as evidenced by your 24% parse on mythic Taloc. I'm sure you assume you have a higher absolute parse because you're awesome, but the reality is that you got pretty lucky with gear and are literally 10-20 ilvls higher than most of the people you run with.

And while I don't particularly care about rankings (that's more Blinden and Perpernello's thing, as they are awesome players and like competing in that way), I will point out that you managed to have a lower score by ilvl than me in both normal and heroic by ilvl despite having run both of them far more than I have and while being an incredibly condescending, tryhard douche, so kudos on that, too. I could go on more about how my weapon and trinkets are my lowest ilvl slots between 340 - 355 (trinkets alone would cause about a 1k dps difference), but it really isn't necessary as you aren't interested in anything beyond raw, context-less numbers.

This is what I mean by actually reading the stats you put out there. Simply shoving an orange log in someone's face when you're literally 10-20 ilvls ahead of the majority of people running the raid is either sophistic or naive—take your pick.

Additionally, your responses to others in this thread show that you are perpetually angry and have severe difficulty conversing without being confrontational. I feel bad for you.

The worst you've been able to say about me is that I'm of average skill at a video game; the worst you've shown of yourself is that your (false) perception of how awesome you are at this game and the authority you think that brings means a whole lot to you, and that you enjoy attempting to wield that over others.

I love seeing A-holes getting owned, makes my day. Keep up the good work!
10/05/2018 01:48 AMPosted by Shaddowblade

You are talking about raids. M+ is completely different. I wouldn't put any hunter spec anywhere near rogue/mage/warlock/balance/DH for M+

10/05/2018 02:43 AMPosted by Orangesilk

Right now SV in +10 is bottom 5, so it's chilling with MM, Fire Mage and Unholy. Then again, it's 100% an AoE issue, if the group you run with has AoE covered you'll be fine.

Good to know.