Whispered: Do you need that .... ?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
WTF? Of course I do, if only at the very least to scrap or de it. Why would someone have the nerve to ask me for raid gear in a pug?

I have my whispers sent to their own separate tab and i don't even bother replying.

I'm raiding here, like I have time to find you, open a trade window, and give you the drop I was lucky enough to get. Like they aren't just going to scrap it themselves more likely than not.
Well that's 5 seconds I'll never get back
Hey, do you need that? I could use for vendor gold.
A lot of people don't think like you do, and wanna share the love since it's all tradeable.
They probably whispered you so it wouldn't be awkward if they asked in raid chat and you ignored them or told them off.
I once played a female Warlock and got passed four pieces of tier gear in one run without asking for them. Bros are so thirsty, it's pitiful really.
medication or a life style change might be what you're actually looking for here.
People are actually using addons to automatically whisper people begging for their loot. It's really annoying.
get over yourself
When I get whispered I inspect them and see if they really could use it. If they could, I will hand it over at the end of the dungeon.

If they are going so far as to spoof me by wearing a lower piece than they have, well, okay, you got me. That's a risk I'm willing to take to give someone a gear upgrade over my 400th DE shard.
Well, some people are altruists, I mean, I gave a BoE that was worth 200k to a guild member because it was an upgrade for him. And every time I get something that isn't an upgrade I instantly type if anyone needs it.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.
10/03/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Cleopolis
WTF? Of course I do, if only at the very least to scrap or de it. Why would someone have the nerve to ask me for raid gear in a pug?

I have my whispers sent to their own separate tab and i don't even bother replying.

I'm raiding here, like I have time to find you, open a trade window, and give you the drop I was lucky enough to get. Like they aren't just going to scrap it themselves more likely than not.

Hey, do you need that humanity? You clearly aren't using it.
There is an addon that whispers people instantly when they receive an item and asks for it. It does it whether the item is tradeable or not, upgrade or not, etc... It's annoying, mostly because it asks me before Ive even seen what I just got.
10/03/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Cleopolis

Get off your high horse op. People are just genuinely asking. Just say "Yes" or if you cant say nothing nice don't reply at all
Usually if I don't need something, I ask if someone needs it. Silence means I do.
don't you hate it when the lvl 111 in your raid refuses to give you gear they don't need?
10/03/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Missvanjie
medication or a life style change might be what you're actually looking for here.

I have to take heavy sedatives before i even log on to the game these days otherwise this overwhelming sense of 'who gives a flip' comes over me and I exit the game and watch gilligan reruns.
10/03/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Cleopolis
10/03/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Missvanjie

I have to take heavy sedatives before i even log on to the game these days otherwise this overwhelming sense of 'who gives a flip' comes over me and I exit the game and watch gilligan reruns.

Something tells me you take sedatives before you do anything.
I much prefer the raids where I trade people stuff that's not an upgrade or xmog for me.. and they trade me stuff that's not an upgrade or xmog for them.

In fact, any other way is a little bit dumb.