Whispered: Do you need that .... ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
10/03/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Minusthemonk
There is an addon that whispers people instantly when they receive an item and asks for it. It does it whether the item is tradeable or not, upgrade or not, etc... It's annoying, mostly because it asks me before Ive even seen what I just got.

I make it my policy to always answer "Yes I do" if I ever get a whisper before I even got a chance to see what item I've gotten regardless if I need it or not.
10/03/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Greenegg
don't you hate it when the lvl 111 in your raid refuses to give you gear they don't need?

My thoughts too, like why are they still raiding Legion raids for possible upgrades?
It's only annoying when someone is using an upgrades addon and tells you it's not an upgrade for you. Mate, wtf do you know about what items and secondary stats weights I do and don't need.
My main's an enchanter but still...a few hundred gold isn't worth that much to me. I'd rather give it to someone who needs it ^^
Perfect example of why personal loot is so good. Humans are the best and most kind, considerate, and empathetic. Definitely so much goodness it can't be denied that Earth is the center of the universe and will spray perfect rays outward forever.
At least, as far as I know, Blizz stopped the add-on that pubicly told the group when someone got a piece of gear that's an improvement for somebody else but not them.

It was basically shaming you to the entire group if you got something and didn't give it away.
This trend annoys me, too, but only because it doesn’t allow me a chance to be the nice guy I innately am lol. If I don’t need something, of course I’m gonna ask if anyone else does.
Give me a dang second before psting me!
Saddest part is OP felt strongly enough about a non issue that they thought there was merit in posting it here.
Unless the item level is totally low end (310/325) I'll at least ask in chat if anyone needs it. Other players have passed loot to me in the past so I try to pay it forward. Courtesy and what not.
If I don't Need it, I'll pass it off.

Loot drops seem to be at a premium for a lot of people this xpack, if I can help someone else out I'm gonna do it.
10/04/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Spodermen
Unless the item level is totally low end (310/325) I'll at least ask in chat if anyone needs it. Other players have passed loot to me in the past so I try to pay it forward. Courtesy and what not.

Tbh, if I get a drop that isn't an upgrade I'll inspect group members till I find someone who can use it. Then I just give it to them, dont even have to ask me.
Ya... earlier today had some drama about me getting this trinket.
I'm the tank, I made the party... invite these guys...

1st boss IL 353 healer pali asks for my trinket, i said wait til end and maybe we can trade for something... (did'nt want to give it away because ya explusom and maybe i wanna try the trinket too)

other dps says, if you don't need it, give it up, other dps says I'M greedy. Namecalling etc... had enough of the harassment over my loot so...

Kicked themed, ignored them, noted them in blacklist book (because blizz won't support a proper ignore system), started a new party one that stated that i want no loot begging and bam, fun easy run after that. A nice cloak dropped for someone else that i could have used and was not an upgrade for them... did'nt even ask for it. Gotta follow the no loot begging rule 8)

Bad scrubs...bad, bad, bad. To think with blizzard promotion of grief play and lack of a proper ignore system I could actually run with these bums again on my alt if i'm not careful and check my blacklist.

Someone is stuck in 1980. (blizz thats you.)

Offering gear is one thing, but blatent harassment over everything that drops? ya i know you are just farming crystals / expulsom off the suckers, just go away.

Interesting all the people thinking if you don't give away your stuff after being muscled, then it is you with the problem.

If i found $50 on the street and you walked up and asked for it... because you think you have the right cuz you were walking on the same street... then flipped out i did not give it to you...

It is YOU with the issue.

They need to just end this and make all loot non tradeable if it's soulbound, defeats the ENTIRE purpose of soulbound and just caters to scrubs and loot harassment. In the very least people should have to tade something to get loot given to them.. some kind of token or something they have to buy.

"But i wanna give it away to my friend".. ya right.
Usually if I get something I don't need I inspect everyone in the party or raid that could possibly use it and give it to the person with the lowest ilvl item without them asking. Mostly because I know it can be nerve wracking to ask and some people ignore or are just flat rude about it.

I wish Blizzard added a function where if you get a drop in a dungeon or raid you can set it to roll (which I don't like as much cause people will abuse that) or auto trade to the lowest ilvl item slot member or something.
10/03/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Angrysocks
People are actually using addons to automatically whisper people begging for their loot. It's really annoying.

Really? What addon is that? None that I have used or heard of does that.

I've used personal loot helper, which tells me what people have equipped, so I can give it to the one for whom it would be the biggest upgrade. I don't want to put it to a roll and have it go to an enchanter when it would be a huge upgrade for someone who intended to equip it.
10/03/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Cleopolis
WTF? Of course I do, if only at the very least to scrap or de it. Why would someone have the nerve to ask me for raid gear in a pug?

I have my whispers sent to their own separate tab and i don't even bother replying.

I'm raiding here, like I have time to find you, open a trade window, and give you the drop I was lucky enough to get. Like they aren't just going to scrap it themselves more likely than not.

Ew. I always give it if it's not an upgrade.
10/04/2018 12:15 AMPosted by Devaza
Usually if I get something I don't need I inspect everyone in the party or raid that could possibly use it and give it to the person with the lowest ilvl item without them asking. Mostly because I know it can be nerve wracking to ask and some people ignore or are just flat rude about it.

I wish Blizzard added a function where if you get a drop in a dungeon or raid you can set it to roll (which I don't like as much cause people will abuse that) or auto trade to the lowest ilvl item slot member or something.

I've ignored because i've gotten too many whispers and it's just too much work to respond to everyone.
10/04/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Kaelmijden
I've ignored because i've gotten too many whispers and it's just too much work to respond to everyone.

It doesn't really matter to me in a "you do you" kind of way, but if that's your reasoning it's pretty weak. You can always just link in /i and tell everyone to roll or link what they have currently equipped. There's no reason to respond to everyone individually if many of them are whispering you about the item.

I've been playing WoW for ages though. I come from a time when there was a community in this game and my perspective is still trading stuff you don't need and helping others out gets you invited back, helps you make friends, etc.

Personal loot is like the final nail in that coffin imo.
I don't mind it so long as they are nice about it.
It's all fun and games, as they are asking for everything that drops off every boss because it is a upgrade for them (they wear blues just for this)... until they disenchant the loot right in front of everyone after last boss of the dungeon.

and ya i've seen it more than once.
10/03/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Minusthemonk
There is an addon that whispers people instantly when they receive an item and asks for it. It does it whether the item is tradeable or not, upgrade or not, etc... It's annoying, mostly because it asks me before Ive even seen what I just got.
Yuck.