Whispered: Do you need that .... ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
10/04/2018 12:15 AMPosted by Atonosilver
started a new party one that stated that i want no loot begging and bam, fun easy run after that.

Did you also demand that they hand over all their tradeable loot or you'd kick them?

Any listing with an elitist rant in the title is bad news.
There's even an addon that automatically whispers people if they get a drop you could use. Was in a raid and immediately as I looted I got a two sentence long whisper. Blew my mind.
10/03/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Angrysocks
People are actually using addons to automatically whisper people begging for their loot. It's really annoying.

I just reply to those people "Nope, but im putting it in raid chat and making people roll, however you can't win because you messaged with an addon"

Or something similar.
You sound like a nice guy, OP. Hopefully you can get the help you need soon.
10/04/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Aerithissa
I don't mind it so long as they are nice about it.
Same.
Had a player from Ragnaros whisper me "u need?" for a ring & I gave it to him but the second I trade it to him he leaves group without a word.

Should've just DE'd for Veiled Crystal that I could use.
I hope you really need a piece one day and someone else gets it and doesnt need it.

Instead of giving it to you, they vendor it, just so you won't have it.
If I don’t need it I type in chat to see if someone wants it. Whoever needs it can open a trade window (I’m too lazy to find them in the raid lol). If it’s an upgrade or a transmog I’m collecting than I’ll keep it.
I always pass on gear I don't need, if I can give it to someone and it's an upgrade for them they can have it. I don't need to scrap stuff that bad...
10/03/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Minusthemonk
There is an addon that whispers people instantly when they receive an item and asks for it. It does it whether the item is tradeable or not, upgrade or not, etc... It's annoying, mostly because it asks me before Ive even seen what I just got.

That is just ridiculous. I don't normally endorse Blizz banning addons, but that should be one that is banned. Pure lazy.
If I get a drop that I don't need I usually ask if anyone needs it and if I get a reply I then do a inspection of their gear and if theirs is better then the drop I call them out on it; Now I don't get as may responses when I ask.... LOL
10/03/2018 09:20 PMPosted by Valantroix
A lot of people don't think like you do, and wanna share the love since it's all tradeable.

Yup. I'd rather give someone a big upgrade and make them a little happier than have 50g. I really appreciate it when I get someone else's unneeded gear.

I look at it like this...

If everyone is a little happier and having a bit more fun, my gameplay experience can only improve.

Maybe thats just me.
10/04/2018 05:08 AMPosted by Miadra
10/03/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Minusthemonk
There is an addon that whispers people instantly when they receive an item and asks for it. It does it whether the item is tradeable or not, upgrade or not, etc... It's annoying, mostly because it asks me before Ive even seen what I just got.

That is just ridiculous. I don't normally endorse Blizz banning addons, but that should be one that is banned. Pure lazy.

Why?

Because it bypassed the 30 seconds worth of checking what gear dropped, finding any upgrades, and whispering the person?

I get that it's kind of shocking to be whispered immediately upon getting a piece of gear, but are you really that thin skinned to get annoyed over 30 seconds?
10/03/2018 09:26 PMPosted by Zòrelle
When I get whispered I inspect them and see if they really could use it. If they could, I will hand it over at the end of the dungeon.

If they are going so far as to spoof me by wearing a lower piece than they have, well, okay, you got me. That's a risk I'm willing to take to give someone a gear upgrade over my 400th DE shard.

you're a good person. i wish we could multiply you 5,000,000 times so the wow community would be better
10/03/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Cleopolis
WTF? Of course I do, if only at the very least to scrap or de it. Why would someone have the nerve to ask me for raid gear in a pug?

I have my whispers sent to their own separate tab and i don't even bother replying.

I'm raiding here, like I have time to find you, open a trade window, and give you the drop I was lucky enough to get. Like they aren't just going to scrap it themselves more likely than not.

This right here, is part of the problem.

You obviously never played WoW when it was more new. You can tell who the community players are when they ask if the gear that they got but don't need can be used by anyone else and ask for rolls.

Go back to playing a single player game if you don't wanna be nice to others.
10/03/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Nairomi
Usually if I don't need something, I ask if someone needs it. Silence means I do.

This.

Or I'm debating if I want to sacrifice the stats on what I'm wearing for what thr piece is providing if it's a lateral in terms of ilvl.
10/04/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Vormirr
I hope you really need a piece one day and someone else gets it and doesnt need it.

Instead of giving it to you, they vendor it, just so you won't have it.

Or instantly DEs it.
i had a player in a group ask another player for gear that he got. he said he needed it and the guy continued to push for it.

finally, i said to him stop begging for gear, he said you cant have it, let it go.

he was angry with me the rest of the dungeon. he even said at the end, that he forgives everyone in the dungeon except me.

i cried the entire rest of the night...
10/03/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Cleopolis
WTF? Of course I do, if only at the very least to scrap or de it. Why would someone have the nerve to ask me for raid gear in a pug?

I have my whispers sent to their own separate tab and i don't even bother replying.

I'm raiding here, like I have time to find you, open a trade window, and give you the drop I was lucky enough to get. Like they aren't just going to scrap it themselves more likely than not.

because people are in pugs for their weekly week and also lemme guess your always on the bottom of the dps charts
10/03/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Greenegg
don't you hate it when the lvl 111 in your raid refuses to give you gear they don't need?

Was going to post this after I finished reading lol
10/04/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Chrisonis
10/03/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Greenegg
don't you hate it when the lvl 111 in your raid refuses to give you gear they don't need?

Was going to post this after I finished reading lol

Oh yes, because absolutely nobody has more than one account or more than one character, or frankly can be arsed to change their displayed character to post on the forum on some random thread. <eyeroll>