Alchemy Items Adjustments - Oct. 1

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
With a hotfix that we're making to the game today, several changes to Alchemy items will take place:

• The ratio of ingredients for Battle Potions of Agility has been adjusted so that the demand for Siren’s Pollen and Riverbud are more closely aligned in the long term.
  • The costs of creating Potions of Rising Death and Potions of Bursting Blood have been reduced. Since these potions have non-stat effects, it has been difficult to judge whether or not you should use them instead of stat potions. In practice, both contribute a similar amount of damage, but these potions are more constrained, since they are direct damage. We’re reducing their costs to make the decision of whether to use them or not more of a question of economics, rather than a question of straight throughput. The goal is for these potions to provide most of the effectiveness of a Battle Potion, at a lower cost.
  • To complement these changes, we're reducing the minimum range required for the Potion of Rising Death’s damage effect to reach full value. It will now be a 20-yard range (it was 30 yards).

In the next major content patch, Tides of Vengeance, we’re going to update the Potion of Rising Death tooltip to read “damaging ranged abilities” instead of “ranged attacks”, to make it more clear this potion is functional for casters.

These hotfixes should go live very soon, over the next hour or two, and we'll have them noted in our hotfixes blog post later this evening.
Can you post more information on the adjustment to Agi potions? If it's only the ratio of ingredients, and not changing ingredients altogether, why not make the same change to Int pots?
Just agi potions changed sounds... odd? Int potions have the exact same material cost, but aren't mentioned. Any reason why int pots wouldn't also be changed?
[quote="207679983499"]

"The ratio of ingredients for Battle Potions of Agility has been adjusted so that the demand for Siren’s Pollen and Riverbud are more closely aligned in the long term."

Can you please explain the details of what that means. That is very Vague.
Um. Thanks I guess?
10/01/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Miradian
[quote="207679983499"]

"The ratio of ingredients for Battle Potions of Agility has been adjusted so that the demand for Siren’s Pollen and Riverbud are more closely aligned in the long term."

Both currently on live cost 10/8 Pollen/Riverbud. Why are we only changing agi pots instead of both.
10/01/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Cixah
10/01/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Miradian
[quote="207679983499"]

Both currently on live cost 10/8 Pollen/Riverbud. Why are we only changing agi pots instead of both.

My bet is they're making agi pots 10 riverbud/8 pollen, the inverse of int pots. Not particularly helpful.
Will we ever see adjustments and updates to the Alchemist Stone? or will it be doomed to be forever useless? Alchemists currently just /wave at their massive stacks of Sanguicell and hydrocores keeping their banks warm.
10/01/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Pandoken

My bet is they're making agi pots 10 riverbud/8 pollen, the inverse of int pots. Not particularly helpful.

This makes more sense now, but doesn't really change... anything? If anything the price of riverbud will just end up going up.
Oh boy Agi pots will go from costing 800g a piece to 750g a piece really making this enjoyable again.

More changes desperately need to be done even flipping Agi pots to use inverse won't controll Siren's Pollen price when Int potions use 10, Agi potions use 8, Health pots use 2, and Strength flasks use 15. You need to at minimum completely change the ingredients on either Int or Agi pots to reduce the demand on exclusively Siren's Pollen.
10/01/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Kaivax
With a hotfix that we're making to the game today, several changes to Alchemy items will take place:

• The ratio of ingredients for Battle Potions of Agility has been adjusted so that the demand for Siren’s Pollen and Riverbud are more closely aligned in the long term.
  • The costs of creating Potions of Rising Death and Potions of Bursting Blood have been reduced. Since these potions have non-stat effects, it has been difficult to judge whether or not you should use them instead of stat potions. In practice, both contribute a similar amount of damage, but these potions are more constrained, since they are direct damage. We’re reducing their costs to make the decision of whether to use them or not more of a question of economics, rather than a question of straight throughput. The goal is for these potions to provide most of the effectiveness of a Battle Potion, at a lower cost.
  • To complement these changes, we're reducing the minimum range required for the Potion of Rising Death’s damage effect to reach full value. It will now be a 20-yard range (it was 30 yards).

In the next major content patch, Tides of Vengeance, we’re going to update the Potion of Rising Death tooltip to read “damaging ranged abilities” instead of “ranged attacks”, to make it more clear this potion is functional for casters.

These hotfixes should go live very soon, over the next hour or two, and we'll have them noted in [url="https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21973195/"]our hotfixes blog post[/url] later this evening.

Cheers been chugging agi pots, this will me make me feel less inclined to switch over to using legion prolongs for when I'm not sure if it's a kill or not
These seem tepid.

Are you still considering the kinds of sweeping changes that were datamined (that, I think were frankly needed and well-received)?
And when are the "near future" pvp balance hotfixes coming with Warlock/DK and hopefully WW buffs?
It's unfortunate you're only looking at Agi potions... all of the potions deserve some love. (And is it just me, or can you always find much more star moss and sea stalks than riverbud? I've found riverbud to be so much less available, slightly less than siren's pollen... at least with siren's pollen you have the chance of getting the generated mob to drop a bunch more.)

And yes, what someone else said above.... we all have a ton of expulsom, sanguicells and hydrocores that are almost useless for us. But the uselessness of sanguicells in general is something you really need to look at... how about a trader a la the Blood of Sargeras trader, please?!
Please tell me this isn't taking the place of the lower potion adjustments in 8.1. Potions cost 18 herbs a piece right now (excluding procs) and those are mega expensive.

Also the change to Potion of Rising Death does nothing since you still have a minimum range on it, so no one will ever bother with them. They're useless on bosses you have to stack for (like Vectis) and don't come remotely close to Int pot's value.

Overall, you're making a blue post that pretends to say so much but says very little. The only real meaningful change here was AGI pots are getting their ratios swapped (I assume), which is almost nothing. How about the plague of needing 18 herbs for potions to begin with? (36 herbs per battle since you use 2 potions)

10/01/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Micamber
And yes, what someone else said above.... we all have a ton of expulsom, sanguicells and hydrocores that are almost useless for us. But the uselessness of sanguicells in general is something you really need to look at... how about a trader a la the Blood of Sargeras trader, please?!

Also this. Adding Expulsom on the Cauldron was an AWFUL, awful decision that really should be reverted, and we should have an Expulsom/Hydrocore/Sanguicell vendor.
The problem isn't the ratio, the problem is still a lack of anchorweed. If anchorweed could spawn where siren's sting and starmoss do. People would farm there, instead what we get is a glut of winter's kiss and riverbud due to those being the easiest anchorweed farming routes. Fix anchorweed and suddenly all the other imbalances work themselves out
10/01/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Siaria
The problem isn't the ratio, the problem is still a lack of anchorweed. If anchorweed could spawn where siren's sting and starmoss do. People would farm there, instead what we get is a glut of winter's kiss and riverbud due to those being the easiest anchorweed farming routes. Fix anchorweed and suddenly all the other imbalances work themselves out

Honestly while this would solve a lot of issues, it wouldn't fix them all.

Anchor Weed is a major problem - at double the spawn rate it'd still feel bad, and just changing where it can spawn wouldn't fix it.

But the sheer volume of herbs needed - ALL herbs - isn't trivial either.

At current spawn rates, cutting all herb requirements by 1/3 and anchor weed by 1/2 would put potion and flask requirements on-par with previous expansions. And cutting requirements would be far easier than adjusting spawn locations at this point. This is the route I suggest be taken.
I really hope the Int pots are going to have changes aswell because they literally take the exact same mats to make as agi pots lol
10/01/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Thirdimpact
I really hope the Int pots are going to have changes aswell because they literally take the exact same mats to make as agi pots lol

Does not sound like they are doing that.

they are going to inverse the two so that they will be opposites

so they both don't need 10 sirens.

though really...2 less sirens in total usage is not going to bring the price down at all.
They just swap number of herbs...
Now its 10 River 8 sirens
what a big change