Alchemy Items Adjustments - Oct. 1

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Yup their "solution" is live

2 less sirens..

damn this should drive down prices by at least 2 gold a potion.
Each siren's should be 51 gold instead of 52!!!

sigh. This was the saddest fix i have ever seen
Why not make the changes so the potion creation is similar to Legion?

Instead of reducing mats just have them create 2-3 potions baseline, with a chance to proc 1-2 more.

Then the mat amount seems more legitimate.
10/01/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Carminap
Why not make the changes so the potion creation is similar to Legion?

Instead of reducing mats just have them create 2-3 potions baseline, with a chance to proc 1-2 more.

Then the mat amount seems more legitimate.

Because they want you either farming or if you don't have the gold...

The wow token is there waiting for you. :(
10/01/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Kaivax
We’re reducing their costs to make the decision of whether to use them or not more of a question of economics, rather than a question of straight throughput. The goal is for these potions to provide most of the effectiveness of a Battle Potion, at a lower cost.

Do you even know your own player base? You can reduce costs all you want, but until the benefit outweighs the gain, it is not feasible (AKA When sims say use this instead of this). How out of touch are you?

You can look at all the numbers and stats of usage and everything else you want, but until you guys actually connect with the players and HOW they play the game, you can keep running in circles. It's not helping. Statistics are nothing when they aren't taken in context.
i think they are ignoring int pots since they are "buffing" rising death, but that still seems odd unless rising death becomes the new prolonged.
With a hotfix that we're making to the game today, several changes to Alchemy items will take place:

• The ratio of ingredients for Battle Potions of Agility has been adjusted so that the demand for Siren’s Pollen and Riverbud are more closely aligned in the long term.
  • The costs of creating Potions of Rising Death and Potions of Bursting Blood have been reduced. Since these potions have non-stat effects, it has been difficult to judge whether or not you should use them instead of stat potions. In practice, both contribute a similar amount of damage, but these potions are more constrained, since they are direct damage. We’re reducing their costs to make the decision of whether to use them or not more of a question of economics, rather than a question of straight throughput. The goal is for these potions to provide most of the effectiveness of a Battle Potion, at a lower cost.
  • To complement these changes, we're reducing the minimum range required for the Potion of Rising Death’s damage effect to reach full value. It will now be a 20-yard range (it was 30 yards).

In the next major content patch, Tides of Vengeance, we’re going to update the Potion of Rising Death tooltip to read “damaging ranged abilities” instead of “ranged attacks”, to make it more clear this potion is functional for casters.

These hotfixes should go live very soon, over the next hour or two, and we'll have them noted in [url="https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21973195/"]our hotfixes blog post[/url] later this evening.

The main issues are that 2 dps pots are using the EXACT same herbs and siren's is also being used for healing pots too. Also these 2 pots are probably the most used as agility/int dps users are far more common then str dps users. Dps posts should never have cost this much it was like this at the beginning of the expansion in Legion and you reduced the cost it and added blood pots ... yet you increased it again for this expansion??

Also Bursting Blood and Rising Death ... you only reduced the cost to 8/6, thats 4 less herbs then using a far better pot. It should be at least half the cost of int pots if your going to do LESS damage. Why nerf your damage to save 4 herbs?
As a herbalist/alchemist I am confused what I am supposed to do with the growing stockpile of soulbound Expulsm and Sanguicell in my bank? Is my best option to vendor these for gold? This does not feel good!

It also does not feel good to get a crafting reagent as boss loot instead of Azerite or even gold...
As far as potions go, why am I still using potions of prolongred power from a previous expansion? Is it intended for potions from the new expansion too expensive to justify using often?
potions costing 500g each is painful
Saw this on MMOC:

Alchemy Items Adjustments - Oct. 1
Alchemy is getting a few fixes tonight. At max rank:

Battle Potion of Agility now requires 8 x Siren's Pollen (down from 10) and 10 x Riverbud (up from 8).
Potion of Rising Death now requires 8 x Sea Stalk (down from 10) and 6 x Star Moss (down from 8).
Potion of Rising Death now has a 20 yd minimum range for maximum effect, down from 30.
Potion of Bursting Blood now requires 8 x Siren's Pollen (down from 10) and 6 x Riverbud (down from 8).

Checked the professions tab in-game to verify and it matches up for the new Rising Death mats (unless there's a display error)

If the intent is to reduce 10 -> 8 and 8 -> 6, that isn't enough to make it economical. Ideally should be under 50g. Could be like 2 of one, 1 of the other, or less since its an inferior potion in every fashion. On ST, Rising Death and Battle Potion sim close the same if you ignore the range constraint, but the primary stat helps with cleave and aoe too. Many fights you do stack close to the boss too. Ideally Battle Potions should be 100g or less too (3 of one, 2 of the other). Just my two cents.
great hotfix, real game changer

having to pay 600g+ per agi pot is very enjoyable, it enhances my mythic raid & M+ experience greatly.

Maybe someone with a big brain could explain why a potion that lasts 25 sec requires 18 herbs but a flask that lasts an hour requires 30.

Looking back at past expansions
Deadly Grace - 5 herbs
Old War - 5 herbs
Prolonged Power - 1 Blood
Draenic Agility - 3 Herbs
Vermin's Bite - 2 Herbs
Potion of the Tol'vir -2 herbs

Yet here we are with Battle Potion of Agility needing 18 per 1 craft. can a blue please explain the design philosophy behind this ?
Materials needed to craft Flasks/Potions feel tuned towards a Legion economy where everyone could stockpile materials in the form on Blood of Sargeras.

Hydrocores don't compare, so I don't see a future vendor for them. So what's the reason for such high material costs on Alchemy raid consumables?
Anyway to revisit Alchemy altogether?

Seems so out of balance that Sirens Pollen is used in just about every Stat potion and most flasks.

Furthermore to have different stat potions require more/less mats also doesn't seem fair or fun in anyway. You have 7 different kinds of Herbs and 2 of them make up like 75% of player use if not more.

Would really appreciate more meaning full and fun changes to Alchemy.

With a hotfix that we're making to the game today, several changes to Alchemy items will take place:

• The ratio of ingredients for Battle Potions of Agility has been adjusted so that the demand for Siren’s Pollen and Riverbud are more closely aligned in the long term.
  • The costs of creating Potions of Rising Death and Potions of Bursting Blood have been reduced. Since these potions have non-stat effects, it has been difficult to judge whether or not you should use them instead of stat potions. In practice, both contribute a similar amount of damage, but these potions are more constrained, since they are direct damage. We’re reducing their costs to make the decision of whether to use them or not more of a question of economics, rather than a question of straight throughput. The goal is for these potions to provide most of the effectiveness of a Battle Potion, at a lower cost.
  • To complement these changes, we're reducing the minimum range required for the Potion of Rising Death’s damage effect to reach full value. It will now be a 20-yard range (it was 30 yards).

In the next major content patch, Tides of Vengeance, we’re going to update the Potion of Rising Death tooltip to read “damaging ranged abilities” instead of “ranged attacks”, to make it more clear this potion is functional for casters.

These hotfixes should go live very soon, over the next hour or two, and we'll have them noted in [url="https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21973195/"]our hotfixes blog post[/url] later this evening.
Think you guys could just reduce the overall mats? Literally want to die farming hours every week just to raid or spending roughly 20k for potions for one night. Not sure if you've noticed but this isn't actually enjoyable. I feel bad for people that raid more than 9 hours a week. Its hilarious that you tried to make flasks slightly less expensive when they're not remotely as expensive as potions over the course of a raid night.
Please consider allowing the different varieties of battle potions to stack to 200 like the previous Prolonged Power potions from Legion. If you are pushing keys and prepotting every trash pull or doing a night of raid progression then you can fill half your pack with these things when they only stack to 20.
Would you consider making the potions able to be used by either ranged, or melee?
Us Unholy DKs would love a shadow damage proc potion.
Since i'm herb/alch myself I always have my pots/flasks, but I can see how it's painful. Int pots on my server cost 600g/piece, thats 1200g/fight just for pots and thats hoping you dont wipe.

I dont even think flasks are much of a problem, considering one flask can almost get you through a whole raid, while Uldir alone takes 9600g worth of pots (and thats asuming you oneshot everything).
This is Outrageous.

Why do Int and Agi potions use the same herbs at all? Pretty mean. And ... Outrageous.
rare herbs are rare..shocker. Lets dumb down mythic content while we're at it so all of us can be world first..

farming and gold making is so hard these days, not sure how i can afford couple flasks or potions a week. maybe i should just quit and go play all those other wow killer games that are doing well...

please make anchor weed and siren's pollen insta spawn everywhere bc my pleb self needs more herbs bc i'm broke and cant make gold.
10/02/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Gymtansmush
rare herbs are rare..shocker. Lets dumb down mythic content while we're at it so all of us can be world first..

farming and gold making is so hard these days, not sure how i can afford couple flasks or potions a week. maybe i should just quit and go play all those other wow killer games that are doing well...

please make anchor weed and siren's pollen insta spawn everywhere bc my pleb self needs more herbs bc i'm broke and cant make gold.

As someone farming like 8 hours minimum per week, there is a ton messed up with the herbing situation.

The farming feels about as bad as bc did for the herb cost.