Favorite Vanilla Moment

General Discussion
doing the quest for my felsteed.

i was just happy to finally have a mount
The weather implementation on 1.12 - I had never seen anything so beautiful in a game during my life until that moment. Elwynn on a sunny day.... then the clouds... and then finally... rain.

So simple for some, yet so pure and beautiful for me.
Doing that crazy long quest chain that took you all over, giving you the trinket Chained Essence of Eranikis (sp?). Going to Winterspring to turn in the next part, and having the Tauren NPC in the middle of nowhere, say something or give you the next part. Oh wait, there was NOTHING! LOL
The opening of the Gates of Ahn'qiraj on a PvP server.

LET THE GANKFEST BEGIN!!!

Still remember all the world servers going down numerous times and the endless piles of player skeletons ^.^
My favorite part about vanilla was quitting until a friend talked me into giving it another chance at the end of bc
Our guild dragging two of the elite Devilsaurs from Un'Goro through Thousand Needles to a Crossroads raid.
my favorite moments where all to do with grouping with my guildies. filling 10mans and even 15 man ubers daily for monthes with all guidies and learning the game. best time in a game ever. ours wipes where followed by laughter. our wins involved many epic moments
running down to the Mine in Arathi Basin, spotting a Gnome Mage on his Mechanostrider riding towards me.

he doesn't stop, so I run right up to him, hit my Stormstrike hotkey, and see him dismount and die on the spot.

triple Windfury crits with The Unstoppable Force...good times.
Hands down my venomhide ravasaur. I raised that little turd from an egg.
Getting to exalted in AV on Horde for my Unstoppable Force on my Warrior.

That thing literally changed the game for me, as I probably had some blue weapon previously. That horrible grind was worth it.
Rogue tanking the last 2% of Onyxia to save what would have otherwise been a wipe.
10/01/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Toenail
Getting to exalted in AV on Horde for my Unstoppable Force on my Warrior.

That thing literally changed the game for me, as I probably had some blue weapon previously. That horrible grind was worth it.

Honestly.. the most fun that I had in the game in general was the end of Vanilla before BC was released...

My guild at the time had rerolled from Argent Dawn to Emerald Dream when it was released so there was a lot of progress lost on the PvP front.. and it was so much fun being able to play with the Highlord equipment to see how everything stacked up on even grounds..
10/01/2018 09:07 PMPosted by Rea
Rogue tanking the last 2% of Onyxia to save what would have otherwise been a wipe.

ooo reminded me of that run we had where we wiped at 1% on Buru in AQ10, and I Ankh'd to Earth Shock.

it crit and we downed him for the first time XD
Every XR, and TM raid that went on.
They day my guild got together and helped me get my Paladin Charger, the quest line was awesome and getting something I never thought I would have felt amazing.
10/01/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
10/01/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Legionkiller
Classic forum that way

I mean.. that's for discussing the upcoming Classic release.

This thread isn't about that.

Sorry my mistake I must have misread something.