Unsubbed players still posting.

General Discussion
10/02/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Mvura
10/02/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Taurencal

Intentions of what? Trying to make this game better?

Cause I'm fairly certain that's all most people are trying to do. Make this game that we all used to love last longer.

lol, is that what it is?

That's how children make their lives better too, by selfishly stomping around and acting indignant. Some people also use passive aggressive behavior to improve their relationships as well.

Being passionate doesn't excuse behaving like a troglodyte.
Is all negative feedback "selfishly stomping around and acting indignant". No, but I agree there is plenty

Blizzard has repeatedly asked for feedback, we give it.
10/02/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Amademon
10/02/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Flashòck
Unsubbed players posting on the forums is toxic and shouldn't be a thing.

Probably cause they said they would unsub for attention in hopes of changing something because always qq'ing got them what they needed in the past?

Ignore the 1/10th of 1% of the playerbase that post these threads. k :)
that sentiment worked so well in Wod when over 5 million players unsubbed in the shortest time ever fir the game. In just a few months. Players like you kept repeating this even as the subs continued a freefall
10/02/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Zogamboka

Bring back the feedback survey when cancelling your subscription and remove their ability to post on the forums.

Agreed. We all know though they won't be quitting. They are jumping on the bandwagon posts.

Said the forums at the beginning of WOD...
Because they didn't actually unsub. Remember when SWTOR was supposed to be the "WoW Killer"? Yeah, those clowns are still here, too.
10/02/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Deklend
It's kind of funny because this is the only game I can think of that actually makes you pay to use the forums. Maybe NOT allowing those who are no longer subbed to communicate why is what's creating the toxic environment?

Food for thought

Damn Dekland, you deleted the post in the other thread where you admitted we agreed on something before I had a chance to reply. And here I thought we were actually starting to bond..... :(

As someone that unsubbed a couple weeks ago, had to give you a like on this one as I semi-agree. The only real time I have spent on this forum since 2009 has been during the two times I have unsubbed where I still have game time left but little desire to play.

I say semi-agree as I would still be typing here prior to game expiration but might not feel that ticking time clock where I need to get out all closure within a short period of time? Once game time lapsed, I will have moved on to something else and not even look back to Wow or it’s forum even if I had the ability to post so I am in semi-agreement.

I think a better answer for limiting toxicity would be to ban people that unsub from the forum for the extent they have left in game and then lift that ban after our game time expires as by then, we will likely be busy with another game and have zero desire to look at anything Wow related. ;)

Bottom line, if I had an expansion I was enjoying, I would be playing it rather than typing and you and I actually sort of agree on a couple things today dekland. <3
[quote="207679984156"]Unsubbed players posting on the forums is toxic and shouldn't be a thing.

Don't worry, all the white knights will have the forums all to themselves soon. The truly dissatisfied people like me will leave and not post again. You'll get your positive echo chamber soon.
There are various ways people express frustrations with the game. I guess I want an echo chamber in the sense that I want every poster to be respectful when they disagree with anyone here or forums themselves. Anyone who think there will ever be total agreement on the forums doesn't have a great understanding imo.

What I wish could be gone forever is the name-calling and harassment of players and Blizzard. But unfortunately OP your idea won't work because the people who just want to be angry jerks will just wait to unsub. And then there are others who have no intention of unsubbing because they take pleasure out of being negative and trying to destroy the positive things.

In fact, in my experience the people who are truly attempting to leave feedback as they unsub aren't very toxic at all. Angry, disappointed, bitter... these things yes but not usually toxic.

Cause I'm fairly certain that's all most people are trying to do. Make this game that we all used to love last longer.

lol, is that what it is?

That's how children make their lives better too, by selfishly stomping around and acting indignant. Some people also use passive aggressive behavior to improve their relationships as well.

Customer: I asked for no onions on my burger but there's onions on it

Burger Flipper: I like onions on my burger, deal with it

Customer: I hate onions dude, just remake it with no onions

Burger Flipper: STOP ACTING LIKE A SPOILED, ENTITLED KID AND EAT THE DAMN BURGER!!
10/02/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Oimâk
Love the white knight, i'd rather be a white knight than an whiney crying QQ entitled brat like so many come on here and be. I'm probably the farthest thing from a white knight. I just like how the QQ's i'm guessing like yourself think its ok to be toxic because you don't get your way. I blame your parents. Sooner or later you'll have to leave their basement you know.
And as this illustrous individual iilustrates, toxicity is not just a result of people who unsub or threaten to unsub.

Bring back the feedback survey when cancelling your subscription and remove their ability to post on the forums.

10/10/18 @ 10:39am my sub runs out unless I give them another $15. Until then I’m here and able to voice my dislike for BfA. After that date and time you’ll be free to shake hands with yourself and the other white knights while you scream into a canyon and wait to hear your echo.

lol, is that what it is?

I’m making my voice heard by letting others know I’m unsubbed and my sub runs out on the 10th of October. Thanks to you and OP for giving me more of a platform to do so.
Now, get back to Being a White Knight. Blizz can’t defend themselves when they put out a bad expansion!
They've been doing this since Vanilla. Why stop now?
10/02/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Zogamboka

Agreed. We all know though they won't be quitting. They are jumping on the bandwagon posts.
yeah the same thing was said during WOD. Over 5 million subs list in a few months time. You are delusional
10/02/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Deklend
It's kind of funny because this is the only game I can think of that actually makes you pay to use the forums. Maybe NOT allowing those who are no longer subbed to communicate why is what's creating the toxic environment?

Food for thought

you have to have a sub to post in the SWTOR forums
I'm unsubbed. I only use tokens for gametime. Suck it, nerd.
People should absolutely be allowed to voice their frustrations. Most of it is nonsense, but there are some good points made and some are actually actionable.
10/02/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Knivlagg

No, you are simply using a token to cover your subscription cost. ;) Clip from World of Warcraft website: https://puu.sh/BEvYr/ece8306fce.png
10/02/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Sàlty
Hey OP, you've got a bit of brown stuff on your nose there, mate.

Very similar to the stuff that is pouring out of your mouth.
10/02/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Ladelyse

No, you are simply using a token to cover your subscription cost. ;) Clip from World of Warcraft website: https://puu.sh/BEvYr/ece8306fce.png

I don't have an active subscription is my point. Using a token only gives you a predetermined amount of time, similar to a gamecard.

The OP wants to make it so if you're not carrying an active subscription, you can't post on the forums.
10/02/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Altargirl

lol, is that what it is?

Customer: I asked for no onions on my burger but there's onions on it

Burger Flipper: I like onions on my burger, deal with it

Customer: I hate onions dude, just remake it with no onions

Burger Flipper: STOP ACTING LIKE A SPOILED, ENTITLED KID AND EAT THE DAMN BURGER!!

I am confused..... Is the Burger flipper the Wow Devs and customer the players?

Then you're not unsubbed. You're giving Blizzard $5 more than someone who pays cash monthly.