Brack taking over

Classic Discussion
Mod Edit: This thread is not constructive towards WoW Classic. If you wish to view the news about J Allen Brack and Mike Morhaime, please visit the appropriate stickied threads. Keep in mind if you decide to make a post in those threads to make sure you are abiding by the Forum Code of Conduct.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769487479
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769437534

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

I'm hopeful and I believe him that he's a WoW classic enthusiast now and has listened to the player base. I know a lot are quick at the moment to say that's it classic's cancelled. I don't think so. I think J taking over will mean new fresh leadership that could result in positive changes. Anyone else agree?
From what I understand once Blizzard announced the development of Classic at last years Blizzcon, it was pretty much game over, it was coming out. What they DO to classic might be a different story but I also dont imagine they would allow him to butcher it out of spite.
1) i dont think he is that stupid
2) Blizzard is a Multi Billion dollar company, I doubt he can make those kinds of decisions by himself.
3) Im positive activision could shut him down as quick as they put him up if he does screw up.

Im not worried.
Will be interesting to see what he does/doesn't do.
Congrats to him. I hope he will work towards making both versions of the game thrive.
Well ask yourself..what did Morhaime do and were you aware of it ?
That's what Brack will be doing.
10/03/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Brockthorn
"You think you do but you don't".

Very vulgar quote.
Sounds like a dictator telling a kid they aren't allowed to eat spaghetti because they think they want it but don't.

Any adult who says that isn't mature.

Well if they make changes to classic that weren't, chances are a portion of the player base may leave the company entirely.
10/03/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Brockthorn
This is the guy who said "You think you do but you don't".

Wonder if he will rule over Blizzard games with that attitude.

People make mistakes, forgiveness is a good thing. Remember he's also the guy that announced the Classic WoW project, and provided the community with 4 interviews regarding the project and on top of that has stayed true to his word.

When he said "You think you do but you don't" sure that came off as really smarmy, but when you look at what he actually said taking your self back in an unbias way he's right regarding that for a lot of people.

There are a lot of people who think they do, but they don't and that's exactly what he was talking about. Maybe that was not the best choice of words, and he was painting with an awful wide brush there, but I don't honestly feel he meant anything truly bad by it.

Fast forward from then to just after the announcement where every one is asking for some sort of different "non-vanilla" items in game; you can start that list anywhere really because if it was not some way loosely in vanilla then it really does fall into the category of "You think you do, but you don't."

Every time some one says "I want better this, or I want more of that, or gimme more bag space, or I want LFD, or guild banks would be nice, or balance this class, or make X, Y and Z viable; those things were never vanilla WoW, and every one of those posts proves him correct no matter how callous it may come off as.
He knows he has a new revenue source coming online soon, with lower upfront development costs. His job will be evaluated by the CEO and shareholders primarily by how much profit he can bring in. If anything, he's viewing legacy servers as a potential path to a Golden Parachute.
It shaky on the surface but one important detail lies within

"Allen Adham, Blizzard’s original founder and lead designer of World of Warcraft, will join the executive team while continuing to oversee development of several new games".

That's a Quote from the official statement that was released, and I think that's great news for us. He apparently returned to Blizzard 2 years ago after leaving in '04 which I believe could coincide with Classic becoming a thing.
if it wasnt for allen pvp wouldnt be in the game ;)

"you think youre right but youre wrong"
Why exactly did they promote the guy who oversaw the demise of WoW?