Why wasn't these changes made after the beta?

General Discussion
These upcoming azerite changes are good but why after almost a month and half after release? Isnt a game supposed to come out ready to go especially after a beta? Azerite armor is just 1 of the many things that didnt come out finished. Where was the communication? Whos in charge? Did beta testers even complain? If so why didnt they listen? Admit the game was rushed.

I think blizzard owes us a free month of gameplay.
I have had the pleasure of being allowed to run Betas for the last few expac's. This last one was pretty scary. The Beta forums were stacked with players reporting concerns over poor class designs, azurite gear, bugs etc. Everyday for weeks posts reporting this and the biggest complaint was that none of these concerns were ever or rarely ever acknowledged by the dev teams. You can even go back and look at some of the youtubers reporting the same concerns on older beta videos. Oh yes we complained and reported over and over, and we rarely saw any one acknowledge our concerns or make adjustments.
Blizzard's new general rule is to implement systems and stick to their guns for as long as possible. I don't think it's malicious - they're probably hoping the negative outcry is just people not liking change in general.

The impression I get (based on how they have handled things) is that they're not looking for feedback in the beta, just bug testing. I'm fairly convinced that the only way they can be convinced a system is bad is when people start quitting over it.

Now that they've lost some number of subs (several people in my guild, for example), they're making changes. Probably a "too little, too late" situation for most, but it's a start.
Beta is marketing now.

Blizz workflow is now very non-agile. They get invested in something terrible (garrisons, legiondaries,azerite) and by the time people get a chance to see how it actually works they've already decided it's set in stone for the next 2 years.
I can assure you it wasn't from lack of "Azerite is a horror show" feedback in beta.

These hotfixes aren't going to fix anything, either. The next complaint will be that the emissary Azerite gear is trash with trashy traits and appears randomly every several days and awards a random slot. Wait till the 4 shoulders in a row with PvP traits feedback starts to roll in.
10/03/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Daggri
Beta is marketing now.

Blizz workflow is now very non-agile. They get invested in something terrible (garrisons, legiondaries,azerite) and by the time people get a chance to see how it actually works they've already decided it's set in stone for the next 2 years.
am i the only person that liked actually feeling like a powerful commander?

I still visit my garrison stocked with all the people ive saved through my heroic deeds.
From the post I don't see anything about actually fixing how you have to decide between making a piece a fire or frost spec item. Did I miss that? Or is it just mostly "well, you'll get the item more easily so you can hog more items"? Is it that hard to change the system to be spec specific?
Beta is strictly just for the streamers to give Blizzard some free advertising. Nothing more. If a bug is found that rewards players quite a lot of gold or xp, they'll hop right on that faster than anything, but many players giving them bug reports of something that ruins the game play experience will still be present when it goes live, cause they listen and care and all that stuff.
There could be many reasons.

Let's just be optimistic and think these fixes come late because they were figuring out which fix would leave everyone happy.
10/03/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Startastic
I have had the pleasure of being allowed to run Betas for the last few expac's. This last one was pretty scary. The Beta forums were stacked with players reporting concerns over poor class designs, azurite gear, bugs etc. Everyday for weeks posts reporting this and the biggest complaint was that none of these concerns were ever or rarely ever acknowledged by the dev teams. You can even go back and look at some of the youtubers reporting the same concerns on older beta videos. Oh yes we complained and reported over and over, and we rarely saw any one acknowledge our concerns or make adjustments.
good to know, thank you for the efforts of voicing concerns
I wonder how it feels to create content that loses millions in annual revenue?

Too little too late is an understatement at best. Just look at the daily bug fixes and you'll see we are still playing a beta level product.
There was once a time when Blizzard would not put out a game or new content unless it was perfect. Then I would assume it became all about money and not about product. That is what happens when you start getting big time investors and OFC Activision is pure cancer.

Not to mention it is one of only a few games that is still a subscription base which is rather surprising. I really don't understand their method of doing the Beta and making ZERO changes that has an actually effect on the way it all feels. With the money they are pocketting off of us, they should have an extremely large dev team to make those changes in Beta.

The policy seems to be get it somewhere close and ship it. They can always do hotfix's.......
10/03/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Munard
These upcoming azerite changes are good but why after almost a month and half after release? Isnt a game supposed to come out ready to go especially after a beta? Azerite armor is just 1 of the many things that didnt come out finished. Where was the communication? Whos in charge? Did beta testers even complain? If so why didnt they listen? Admit the game was rushed.

I think blizzard owes us a free month of gameplay.

The current WoW team have their "own vision", and don't care about what we have to say.

Unless similar feedback threats gain traction, the Devs won't budge. When they do, it's a "ok, fine" attitude.
There's a reason why we are calling it "Beta for Azeroth". We are in the beta.
10/03/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Assistance
Blizzard's new general rule is to implement systems and stick to their guns for as long as possible. I don't think it's malicious - they're probably hoping the negative outcry is just people not liking change in general.

The impression I get (based on how they have handled things) is that they're not looking for feedback in the beta, just bug testing. I'm fairly convinced that the only way they can be convinced a system is bad is when people start quitting over it.

Now that they've lost some number of subs (several people in my guild, for example), they're making changes. Probably a "too little, too late" situation for most, but it's a start.

If they are only looking for bug reports and not feed back , then why not just put up a bug report forum and not a gd forum for the alpha/beta /ptr.

Once they put up a GD type forum for the testing phases then they open themselves up to people giving feed back over more then just bugs.
10/03/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Waidmann
10/03/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Assistance

If they are only looking for bug reports and not feed back , then why not just put up a bug report forum and not a gd forum for the alpha/beta /ptr.

Once they put up a GD type forum for the testing phases then they open themselves up to people giving feed back over more then just bugs.

The fact that they removed the "Why are you leaving?" 255 character text box from the game would suggest that they don't have any way of knowing why people are quitting. There are so many changes that have happened in the past year that were poorly accepted that they could still be in denial for a long time before they come to accept the reality of the situation.
This is Beta.
I wonder if the decision to demote us was a result of GD complaining all the time. *sigh*
10/03/2018 10:43 PMPosted by Solarwynds
I wonder if the decision to demote us was a result of GD complaining all the time. *sigh*
who knows
Without meaning to getting into tin foil hat territory, I think the biggest issue was some kind of mandatory deadline to get the product out. I only say this because of the comment of he who shall not be named made, to paraphrase "getting a product out on time is a form of quality control".

In my line of work, sticking to deadlines is very important. However quality trumps it and if we think quality is going to suffer, we put on our big boys pants and tell the bosses we need more time. Thought this used to be the games mantra too(?).

Again I can be off the mark on this but yeah, lots of adjustments needed since release.