What should we reroll?

Warrior
I watched the world first 18 siege. You can hear the tank literally yelling for RoP. Pretty sure I heard him call for trees from the boomkin. There's a level of coordination you won't find in your average pug. Their comp was meme worthy, but everyone was assisting the tank.

People need to learn to farm out a portion of the defensive strategy when things get tough. I call for healer cds all the time and a dh who doesn't drop darkness when the tank drops low or boomkin trees or earth ele are just as responsible for the wipe as the tank and healer.

By the same token, arms can taunt and dbts for some clutch breathing room on mobs that can't be cc'd
I rerolled from unh dk like 3 weeks ago and love warrior, I guess I don’t see what’s so bad about it. In certain situations I did more dmg on my unh dk but honestly I kinda just figure that’s having better traits on him than I do on this toon and a bit of a L2P issue considering I’ve played arms for a total of 3 weeks lol. But yeah warrior for the win for me.
10/08/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Unbreakable
10/08/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Castleguard

There's an old Vanilla saying that I always appreciated; bring the player, not the class.

Vanilla was...the furthest thing from "bring the player, not the class".

That's not entirely true. I remember this one time we had to bench someone playing a needed class. Sometimes you can be that bad at the game.
10/08/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Sackless
I watched the world first 18 siege. You can hear the tank literally yelling for RoP. Pretty sure I heard him call for trees from the boomkin. There's a level of coordination you won't find in your average pug. Their comp was meme worthy, but everyone was assisting the tank.

People need to learn to farm out a portion of the defensive strategy when things get tough. I call for healer cds all the time and a dh who doesn't drop darkness when the tank drops low or boomkin trees or earth ele are just as responsible for the wipe as the tank and healer.

By the same token, arms can taunt and dbts for some clutch breathing room on mobs that can't be cc'd

Yep. A lot of people were calling for Tol Dagor first boss to be nerfed last week due to Necrotic being so difficult to navigate. My group didn't time our 10, but we did finish it, and it only took 3 wipes to get past him.

The tactic we used? I taunted the boss and leapt away allowing our low mobile BDK time to move far enough way for it to fall off.

My group isn't amazing but we are starting to hit our stride and getting everyone's IO up to at least 10 on each M+. We coordinate, gameplan before runs, and we have fun.

I doubt I'll ever have the time to play 14 hours a day and I'll never be as good as Jdotb and Shakib showing everyone higher keys on Twitch, but rest assured I'll be arms and hitting at least +15 in the next month.

Arms is not that bad. And its really fun in Uldir, and I've heard quite good in 3s.
10/05/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Darkprime
Well if you are giving up on the Warrior class but liked the logic of a big 2h hitting class than go Death Knight, they are basically a Warrior with everything.

except damage and mobility. but sure.
10/08/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Penguinjim
10/08/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Sackless
I love when people think the only thing keeping them from timing 15s is their class.

People always need an excuse for why they are terrible. It can never be their own fault.

so all shaman, spriests, and non Tank DKs are terrible and just need to L2Play?
10/08/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Älilei
except damage

Run that by me one more time?
10/08/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Drezwazluz
10/08/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Älilei
except damage

Run that by me one more time?

Right? Run Bonestorm and just enjoy casually doing 9-10k on bosses.
10/08/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Älilei
non Tank DKs

Frost is currently top tier in pretty much everything.

Unholy, shadow, and shamans aren't the best, but they are actually good, especially post-buffs.

Pre-buffs, enhance and unholy could make it work, shadow and ele were mostly situational at best. But, thing is, balance is close enough, that yeah. Any spec can do mythic raids and m+ up to a point, same as legion.

Jesus, even MM can do mythic.
I enjoy my warrior alot! Tied between rogue and warrior for my main at the moment, both being 120 and around the same ilvl.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yep, my group loves me and takes me over 1000io Rogues and DHs who don't want to use Discord or think their !@#$ don't stink. While I'll concede those classes have done better, I refuse to admit Warrior is trash due to some utility and trivialization.

There's an old Vanilla saying that I always appreciated; bring the player, not the class.

100%, I saw a ele shammy tear it up the other day. Hell last night I ran a few pug raids and came across so many other warriors pulling under 7k. Similar ilevel I'm pulling 14k, l take a look, 104 slams casted, 27 MSs...over 8 minutes. I would have gave him some suggestions but he was a annoying little s*** in chat, but this does give some of us a bad rap.

Not even trolling, would you be able to lend those suggestions on here
10/05/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Musclemass
Warrior is a subclass. It is inferior. If you play warrior you are playing a different game than world of warcraft, that game is not world of warcraft so it sucks. What should I play since warrior is gone? Pally?

I went for the double underdog, my alt is a guardian Druid.

Press F to pay respects.
10/08/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Älilei
so all shaman, spriests, and non Tank DKs are terrible and just need to L2Play?

No, not all of them because there are plenty of good ones. Mainly just the people crying on forums like this one.
10/08/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Jamíe
10/08/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Castleguard

Yep, my group loves me and takes me over 1000io Rogues and DHs who don't want to use Discord or think their !@#$ don't stink. While I'll concede those classes have done better, I refuse to admit Warrior is trash due to some utility and trivialization.

100%, I saw a ele shammy tear it up the other day. Hell last night I ran a few pug raids and came across so many other warriors pulling under 7k. Similar ilevel I'm pulling 14k, l take a look, 104 slams casted, 27 MSs...over 8 minutes. I would have gave him some suggestions but he was a annoying little s*** in chat, but this does give some of us a bad rap.

Straight up, can you share those tactics. I just got my warrior up to 120 and I feel like I slam too much, but feel like I'm no doing enough damage if I don't. I'm also new to warrior so it most definitely is a L2P issue.
10/11/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Nasir

Straight up, can you share those tactics. I just got my warrior up to 120 and I feel like I slam too much, but feel like I'm no doing enough damage if I don't. I'm also new to warrior so it most definitely is a L2P issue.

Start off with Icyveins and read the rotation priority first for all phases for both single target and for hectic add cleave.

The big thing is you want Mortal Strike perpetually on cooldown (this does not mean unable to use due to lack of rage), utilizing sweeping strikes and applying deep wounds to as many targets as possible.

Think about the pulls in front of you and your timing windows. If you have 2 mobs left in a pack, approaching execute range, and bladestorm is coming off of cooldown, you probably don't need to use it. Warriors in my guild have relatively the same ilvl as me but I crush them anywhere from 2-5k on fights.

Dungeons and mythic+ is trial by error. You learn what to do and what not to do. Constantly pugging does you no good as people run different routes and cc different things. Find a group you complete a key with and make friends and try and run some more. Add them to your friends list.

Anyone can sim their dps for single target and be like "it says I do 15k but I only do 10k". You have to take into account pre-potting, positioning, heroism, trinket usage, and other variables. Switch to simming shorter fights, aoe fights, etc etc.

The best advice I've gotten from reading has been from the hallowed Drez, and from our lord and savior Penguinjim.

Install SimC addon, and use raidbots. Sim and sim and sim some more. With every piece of gear, for every type of fight, with different enchants and different gems.

It's unfortunate that we have to do this, but as a Warrior, and especially anyone who wishes to reach their potential, you do your legwork in the trenches. Do as many runs as possible of every dungeon. Don't ignore lower keys because your io is higher and you feel entitled to making it better. Even the best players and streamers on twitch run mythic0 practice runs to learn a new route or test a CC chain, etc.

I'm not even remotely as good as I could be, but I do try. I make friends. I utilize my toolkit and check my logs.

Good luck.
10/11/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Nasir

You can pull up Mr musclemass here on wowlogs and he does the same thing. Slam is a dump, it does nothing. Does not buff, does not add a bleed, does not do any kind of damage that prioritizes it over anything else.
For you and the OP, try hitting a target dummy as you normally do damage for 5 minutes. Then for 5 minutes MS first and then off CD. Never slam and use OP and CS off CD. Willing to bet you'll see an improvement just off of that. Once you discipline yourself on not over slamming and buring rage, add it to your rotation if you have 50 or more rage, practice at not using it where it gives you a Global / Ms being available, it's ok not to slam and save a half a global for MS, just don't cap rage and burn rage from getting capped. Remember skull breaker when up if under 50. And bladestorm over slam if not saving for adds.
For execute phase, execute replaces Slam 100. With out executioners precision, execute at or close to 40 rage, op when up, only MS with a two stack of OP. Skull breaker if under 40 rage and you don't have OP up. ( OP is free, use it) Blade storm if under 40 rage and Skull breaker is on CD.

You can look at mine if you like, they don't have every fight ever, just ones someone posted. My i is alt 0237