rextroy

General Discussion
blizzard can you explain me why you unban him after something like that? rules dont matter anymore eh ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4X5gEte4Yc
Because he didn't do anything wrong.
09/25/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Smadinkle
Because he didn't do anything wrong.

so abusing a bug to kill and gank players when he said he just done it to report it in raid is okay ? right!!!! either way i think blizz was just missing a piece of the puzzle. now they have it
Ultimately we as players just don't know either way.

Blizzard has the evidence about it and knows what actually happened.

If they ban someone and they stay banned, there's probably a reason.
If they ban someone and they unban them, there's probably a reason.
He used to an exploit to instantly kill a current content raid boss.

He should be grateful it was only for one month.
How many raid bosses did he 1-shot? The entirety of Uldir? How long did he slaughter people in pvp with the bug active? The whole day? Several days?

He found a bug, tested it in both raid and pvp situations, then showed the video evidence to Blizzard in order to get it fixed. He's done it before with other exploits that he helped get fixed. That monster.
09/25/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Pandagodx

Actually, in the game development circles this is called QA.

check again on his channel he was unbanned. and the video i linked he use the exploit AGAINST PLAYERS
He was unbanned?

And I'm sure if he had gone in there with the intention of getting the most out of it.... and did it on Mythic we'd be seeing the punishment upheld.

But as he's done many times before he did it in a way that didn't affect any sort of Mythic progression and from what we know he reported it and waited until he got confirmation that it had been fixed to post a video.

He shouldn't get any punishment for reporting bugs, no matter if he uploads a video after the fact showing how broken the game is. Doing so sets a bad precedent and brings into question whether someone that takes the time to provide devs with repro steps ... will get punished or not because "they abused the bug". I'd be willing to bet that they just removed the gear he may have gotten from those kills and called it a day.
09/25/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Teelo
He was unbanned?
Yeah. He put out a video explaining the situation.
09/25/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Satyrakk
blizzard can you explain me why you unban him after something like that? rules dont matter anymore eh ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4X5gEte4Yc

Blizz already explained it here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769019807?page=14#post-272
09/25/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Sinistro
How many raid bosses did he 1-shot? The entirety of Uldir? How long did he slaughter people in pvp with the bug active? The whole day? Several days?

He found a bug, tested it in both raid and pvp situations, then showed the video evidence to Blizzard in order to get it fixed. He's done it before with other exploits that he helped get fixed. That monster.

if it was the case he would have killed ONE PLAYER not around 30 40 players. thats being a *#*%*##@ at this point. sry to burst ur fanboy bubble
THey unbanned him and for all those people that felt like they got grieved when they were in War Mode .

Well you go into War Mode you are asking to be grieved.

If they had a problem with people grieving others in pvp situations , they would of made Grave Yards save zones years ago .

As for Uldhir I believe it wa only 1 boss M.O.T.H.E.R. and the video was posted after he reported the bug and the WoW team had fixed the problem.

Since he did everthing right and the ban was because of miscommunications at Blizz and they don't have a problem with it why should anyone else.
Retroxy was always my favorite pokemon
Good, he didn't need to get banned/suspended for exposing how bad Blizzard's Quality Control is currently.
09/25/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Satyrakk
if it was the case he would have killed ONE PLAYER not around 30 40 players. thats being a *#*%*##@ at this point. sry to burst ur fanboy bubble

Oooo 30-40 players. Surely that represents hours and hours of exploitation, right? He must have been there aaaalll day killing those whole 40 people.

He got unbanned because he did nothing wrong. He's actually known to Blizz for helping fix exploits and the employee who handed out the ban wasn't aware of this fact.

But hey, keep being angry over someone not being punished for being helpful.
So many people in here commenting not knowing the full details.

I suggest you do some research before you make yourself look even sillier.
09/25/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Snowfox

You heard it here. Blizzard is always right with these things.

/s
09/25/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Vihoh
09/25/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Snowfox

You heard it here. Blizzard is always right with these things.

/s

Well, until they aren't then try to right it :p

.. but they're at least more right than us.