rextroy

General Discussion
09/25/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Felsavior
Like it or not it shows favoritism towards youtubers/streamers.

Players have been permabanned for less than what he did, and he got a 30 ban. A slap on the wrist.

But his fans came here foaming at the mouth, so blizzard overturned their "punishment"

What did we learn kids? If enough people think your cool, rules dont matter!

Except every so often the fans of another youtuber come here asking for his account to get unbanned and that was about 4 years ago. Still banned on that account as far as I know.

It's not nice to generalize things like that.
It was a mistake that he was banned in the first place. Remember blizzard ownes the entire process of design and implantation. If it is ingame, it is their fault 100%, not the players.
I mean, sure he did use a bug to kill players, thing is, he only posted the video after reporting to Blizzard and waiting for the fix, other than that, is it really that different from creating a group and zerging players down? Just that instead of forming a group he was gathering mobs to aid him.
Link to blue post
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769019807?page=14#post-272

As a reminder, posting about account actions is generally not allowed on the forums and it is not a means to appeal or resolve issues. This was resolved privately between this player and us after the video he posted this morning.

Just pulling back the curtain a little here but long story short, this was a mistake on our end. This player actually has a great history of reporting issues with us that they've found, and they wait for us to verify it's fixed before they put the videos up. This was a case of not everyone internally knowing this was happening and that the exploits he showcased were fixed, before the videos were posted.

The videos being posted are an example of great bug reporting in how detailed they are in showing how exactly to reproduce an issue. This is something Ion hit on in the last Q&A where he talked about the Quality Assurance team and how they have to reproduce issues that players report to us. Sometimes reports aren't detailed enough and it makes it a little harder to figure out some issues.

I just want to end this by plugging the correct channels to report bugs in.
To report a bug in-game:
Click Help to open the Customer Support window.
Click Submit Bug.
Enter the details of the bug, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
Click Submit.

You can also report bugs over in the Bug Reporting Forum here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1012660/

If you'd like to report something like an exploit and not advertise it, a way you can report that it is here:
https://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html
09/25/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Satyrakk
blizzard can you explain me why you unban him after something like that? rules dont matter anymore eh ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4X5gEte4Yc

I watched the vid. How anyone can not see that he is doing it for a good reason is beyond me. He even states so in the video and has a history of reporting bugs and exploits.
Perfect I didn't think he should be banned either. He reported it and waited until it was fixed before posting the video.
Rextroy is a nice guy.
09/25/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Felsavior
Like it or not it shows favoritism towards youtubers/streamers.

Players have been permabanned for less than what he did, and he got a 30 ban. A slap on the wrist.

But his fans came here foaming at the mouth, so blizzard overturned their "punishment"

What did we learn kids? If enough people think your cool, rules dont matter!

I fail to see how this is even true considering there is a very popular streamer who got banned years back (reckful who was one of the biggest wow streamers at the time) and blizz still refuses to lift that ban, all he did was account share live for fun which impacted like no one.
why are some of you nerds such cry babies over a guy getting unbanned when did F the man become MOM WHERES MY STARWARS SIPPY CUP
09/25/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Pandagodx
He used to an exploit to instantly kill a current content raid boss.

He should be grateful it was only for one month.
An exploit? How is finding a bug, and using it and then reporting it an exploit?

The dev team forgot to let the guards kill mobs, that's their fault. He didn't do anything that any other player couldn't do.
They (blues) explained this in another thread already. Get off your high horse and shut up, OP.
If you're a youtuber/streamer you don't follow the same rules. Makes sense, right?