120k gold to change traits

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 16 Next
09/26/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Cyouskin
Stop reforging and collect more gear.

How? lmao WTF
If they not going just let you re select traits, the cost should reset over time like the old talent Respec in the day.

Over all no one really wants to carry mutliple gear anymore. Geeze seriously just let us just respect the gear.
All these people saying to get another set of gear ( azerite) are ridiculous. As if obtaining azerite of high ilvl is an easy process in the first place, AND having some kind of useful trait. Only m+ cache has a CHANCE and raids have chance to get it.. So unless you are fine with running around in 340 azerite gear for your offspec, then no it is not easy to have multiple sets at all. Reforge costs needs to go away.
09/28/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Necromantica
All these people saying to get another set of gear ( azerite) are ridiculous. As if obtaining azerite of high ilvl is an easy process in the first place, AND having some kind of useful trait. Only m+ cache has a CHANCE and raids have chance to get it.. So unless you are fine with running around in 340 azerite gear for your offspec, then no it is not easy to have multiple sets at all. Reforge costs needs to go away.

Unfortunately I think it's a case of ignorance. All the people saying to get more gear are currently using 340 gear and it's no big deal for them.

Wait a few weeks for the average player to start getting 370s and 385s and discovering that they now have this problem too and I believe the opinions on here will suddenly change.

Wait a few weeks for the average player to start getting 370s and 385s and discovering that they now have this problem too and I believe the opinions on here will suddenly change.

When you get those 370/385s, the same solution will still exist. Get more gear. Your offspec shouldn't be as powerful as your main spec, unless you put the same work into it twice. This is an mmoRPG, your choices have at least some consequence that can't be handwaved by a few gold coins.
stop respeccing, idk why anyone in their right mind would even need to respec that much . I haven't respecced all expansion.
09/26/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Erthan
No one piece is going to be bis for multiple specs, so either get more gear or pick generic traits.

I'm pretty sure Archive of the Titans is BiS for many classes and specs.
09/29/2018 02:17 AMPosted by Teysza
09/26/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Erthan
No one piece is going to be bis for multiple specs, so either get more gear or pick generic traits.

I'm pretty sure Archive of the Titans is BiS for many classes and specs.

in uldir maybe, but whos gonna respec more than once or twice in a week for that?
09/29/2018 01:57 AMPosted by Kellyconway

When you get those 370/385s, the same solution will still exist. Get more gear. Your offspec shouldn't be as powerful as your main spec, unless you put the same work into it twice. This is an mmoRPG, your choices have at least some consequence that can't be handwaved by a few gold coins.

False and ignorant.

1. you can't target or farm high level azerite. It is not possible for the player to "put in more work". If it was possible, I'd have already done it. There are no systems in the game that allow the player to trade effort for high level azerite armor.

2. For more than 6 years now tier sets and primary stats have swapped when you change specs. Azerite armor not reacting to your spec is a regression to much much older systems that were deemed unnecessarily restrictive. Inferiority in your offspecs potentially came from slightly sub-optimal trinkets and potentially secondary stat distribution. For many pure dps specs they were not actually required to be suboptimal in offspecs and were in fact viable and even required to play multiple specs for different encounters. Your presumption that offspec must be weaker than main spec is historically invalid.

3. You use the word choice. Again as I have said many times in this thread your azerite traits are not a choice. You have a ring that has 1 class trait to "choose" per spec. Your "choice" with azerite armor is which spec to lock it to. "Choosing" to be sub-optimal on all specs by picking a bad zone trait is also not an acceptable solution.
Everyone is complaning about how lackluster the traits are.. Is it really going to matter if a few of them aren't right for a spec?
09/29/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Fugubar
Everyone is complaning about how lackluster the traits are.. Is it really going to matter if a few of them aren't right for a spec?

Yes.

And even if it didn't, that is not a good reason to have a bad system in the game.
Ha...collect more pieces.
I imagine the pains of druid from back in the day.

4 specs, 4 set of gear.
Want different setups for the same spec...multiply that...
Wtf are you doing to get a 120k reforge fee? Highest ive gotten was 5k
09/26/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Vharani
Having multiple sets of gear for different specs has been the norm forever.

...No.
We had tier pieces - which didn't use this stupid azerite trait system - and that was about it.
Can we stop using game design from like 10 years ago as a metric for now? There's a reason such things are considered outdated.
Never forget when gear had Dodge, block, Parry, Hit, and Expertist. I had to carry around 3 sets of gear for my warrior. PVE Tank, PVE DPS, PVP DPS. Im glad that now instead of ~34 pieces in my bags i only have to carry at most 9.
Now we know who's new to the game. IF you honestly though you can BiS everything regardless of your spec, you aren't wrong or right. You should be holding items for your off spec that will make that spec better for you. This has always been apart of the game. I do not want to see that change. EVER.
09/26/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Laserpickles
BfA is about forcing people to buy WoW Tokens.
10/03/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Litleshiznit
Ha...collect more pieces.
I imagine the pains of druid from back in the day.

4 specs, 4 set of gear.
Want different setups for the same spec...multiply that...

Used to heal/tank/dps. Luckily you could use gear in Wrath for feral and bear, although it wouldn't be ideal, in a pinch. Stopped healing just so I could carry one set of gear and maybe a couple of trinkets to swap out for off tanking raids or a quick dungeon.

Back to the OP, it definitely is backwards with Azerite gear. Not being able to swap specs and have the gear swap with your spec is inconvenient. Being told to farm a 2nd or third set is a tough sell since getting said pieces is difficult after 340 for those that do progression. Meh can hope for change.
This is basically the equivalent of having to pay to equip a different legendary that works for a different scenario or spec.

Easy to say "farm more gear" when you stay 340 and azerites pieces are everywhere.

How do I farm multiple 385s, one for Raiding (offense) one for Raiding (defense) one for Mythic plus (offense) one for Mythic plus (defense) one for pvp.. and thats before I even mention the OTHER specs I have.

Even tier sets swapped with your current spec, and most of the gear comes ready to be used by any of your specs (no main stat on rings, multiple main stat on main pieces)

This system is completly backwards, makes you feel bad for getting a lucky drop and feels like a rushed idea that sounded cool on paper and was never properly thought out or tested to avoid this kind of thing.
Yet people defend it because "its fine" if you dont actually play the game or care to optimize (which has been the main focus of many people caring to progress and do better)
This is probably one of the best gold sinks ever

I didn't realize try hards would waste so much gold changing traits rather than farm multiple sets

Good job on that blizz