WOW In 10 Years

General Discussion
Where do you see the game in 10 years?

World Of Warcraft-Beyond The Stars
Probably gone, all the real-estate on the map is getting filled up as we keep on "Magically" discovering new continents. Unless they do an Outland/Draenor 3.0 or completly underwater zone they will have no where to put the new zones.

Or we will just revert back to vanilla and doing endgame on Eastern/Kali
No longer around would be my guess
09/27/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Orugor

Gone, shut down.

Blizzard is focusing on short-term profits and alienating their playerbase.
a cell phone app and console game for PS and Xbox. Expansion wise, no longer developing
Still hanging on, but a lot different than what we have now. Probably free to play with a smaller team working on it.
only costs you 35 dollars to unlock your basic combat spells.
Best guess.. FTP and running.
1-2 years after the final expansion, they'll repackage the Battle chest as "World of Warcraft: Remastered" which will cost $19.99 after a couple years. Find it on the shelf at Walmart.
Honestly? I think that this is going to be the last expansion for WoW in its current form.
The coding is like a big ball of twine that tries to come unraveled every time you poke it, stat-squishing is pretty much at its limit now- I think the reason BfA feels like a “budget” expansion is because it is.
I think Blizzard is devoting resources to WoW II, or whatever the equivalent is.
Just a tinfoil hat theory, but a lot of BfA’s issues start making sense viewed through this lens.
Great bait thread for doomsayer's. 10/10. lol.
At this rate with all the space and futuristic stuff poping up.

Warcraft 40k
About the same, and gas is 6 bucks a gallon.
09/27/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Vooka
Great bait thread for doomsayer's. 10/10. lol.
Nothing lasts forever. It’s not doomsaying to point that out. There is a physical limit to how much further this game can be “upgraded”, and a new MMO makes sense.
Still around. The wow 'ecosystem' is so massive and players are so entrenched they really have to screw things up to walk away from the franchise. Screw it up way beyond the BFA issues.

They may have a WOW 2, but they wouldn't completely start from scratch. Probably let people import their characters, mounts, pets, and titles into the new world.
It's has to end somewhere.

I thought for sure the defeat of Sargaras, the one who manipulated all the fighting in the first place, was going to be the end. Now we're just acting like we weren't manipulated and are back at each other's throats, for what again?

And, since this expansion centers around a war for Azeroth, what can come next if the title "Battle for Azeroth" plays out? (But then, I thought the same thing about Legion and Sarg's defeat, so who knows).

Following the remnants of the Iron Horde spread across the galaxy through the myriad of portals opened by Ner'zhul, you (Adventurer!) will explore, map, and establish bases for (your faction) on hundreds of procedurally generated alien worlds
09/27/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Snowfox
About the same, and gas is 6 bucks a gallon.

Only 6 bucks? thats a steal!

I mean, we went to a different planet already...so yeah?
same place runescape is atm, I expect 2 more "full" expansions then followed by "DLC" packs to get the last milk out of cow before the end.