Tank variety needed for Class Fantasy

Warrior
Blizzard has done a great job of creating class variety since legion except for tanks, in my opinion. Following are some ideas for Prot Warrior:

remove healing / shielding abilities from Protection i.e. Victory Rush / Ignore Pain. At least one tank should not have a self-heal. Maybe more frequent use of Spell Reflect to compensate for loss of Ignore Pain.
IP does way more than you think it does.
Absolutely, if they remove armor from death knights. You're the self healing tank, not the mitigation tank, stop stealing our class fantasy thanks.
I do play warrior almost as often as DK.

I think the azerite trait deafening crash is the perfect class fantasy for Prot. Using a damaging ability to extend the duration for demoralizing shout plays to the class fantasy. Another idea, is to make heroic throw disarm you but do much more damage and generate much more threat. You would get your weapon back as soon as you intercept the target or otherwise make contact with it. On that note, it would reset your intercept too. You could not parry, devastate, or revenge while disarmed. It could have a much longer CD to mitigate the increased damage.
10/02/2018 06:17 AMPosted by Sackless
IP does way more than you think it does.

It does allot still even with the nerf since Legion. Blizzard obviously is unhappy with the mechanic since they took it out in the Beta, they just never came up with a good replacement. I'm just throwing out some ideas.
10/02/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Cootie

I think the azerite trait deafening crash is the perfect class fantasy for Prot. Using a damaging ability to extend the duration for demoralizing shout plays to the class fantasy. Another idea, is to make heroic throw disarm you but do much more damage and generate much more threat. You would get your weapon back as soon as you intercept the target or otherwise make contact with it. On that note, it would reset your intercept too. You could not parry, devastate, or revenge while disarmed. It could have a much longer CD to mitigate the increased damage.

That Heroic Throw suggestion is probably the worst suggestion I've ever seen on this forum.
10/02/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Carmelo
10/02/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Cootie

That Heroic Throw suggestion is probably the worst suggestion I've ever seen on this forum.

level 1 priest with 787 posts and no battle.net page
10/02/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Cootie
Blizzard has done a great job of creating class variety since legion except for tanks, in my opinion.

I have an idea. Warriors are the mobility tank but DK's are the death grip tank. To enhance this fantasy I suggest greatly enhancing Grip and Grasp for DK's but removing their ability to move. If you absolutely need to move I suggest that you be reliant on a DPS to push you around. All DK's will receive a furniture dolly that they can bequeath upon a DPS player.

The WoW development cycle of life is now complete. The no-healing Tank has always required a Healer, the no-moving Tank now requires a DPS.

This brilliance provided to you by high blood sugar and 1.5 litres of black coffee.
@Ivanstone, I genuinely appreciate the sarcasm. Much better than most trolling comments. And it was lol funny.

I would appreciate some earnest suggestions too, even if that suggestion is that you don't want more variety. I've raid healed more than tanked (mythic+ brought me back to tanking and I've been forced to tank for my raid team so far this tier) and MOP healing was a low for me. Every healing ability was identical to some ability all healers had just change the name and spell effects. The spec revamps for Disc and Demo Lock have been amazing, and Survival Hunter may get there eventually (though I never play hunter so can't really comment just going off community feedback).
10/02/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Cootie
10/02/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Carmelo

That lvl 1 priest forum alt has seen the error of your wonderful "idea" and you're mocking them....

Warrior: "Alright guys, let's do this!"
** Warrior hurls his weapon, his very means of living his life at some big nasty NPC **
Hunter: "CRAP! Pet aggroed some mobs on the way in."
** Warrior HEROICALLY leaps to the pack of mobs to keep the priest from getting wrekt **
Priest: "Ok guys, back. My daughter woke up and I had to get her back to sleep."
Priest: "....guys...how long have we all been dead?"
Hunter: "About 15 seconds, but the warrior just got disconnected and when he came back he cried about having to refarm a new sword."
@Gromgor I see the point, one option would be disarmed for 15sec or until you intervene to the target whichever is shorter. Also, I still haven't seen a single idea. I've read through the threads and I'm not the only one asking for tank variety. Please offer up a suggestion, I would genuinely like to read them and the class team does read these threads.

The Bolster talent buff to last stand could be made base-line since it is almost mandatory.
You are probably using something really nasty to trip that badly Cootie. But I'll humor your idea with one of my own.

You are the master of blood, yes? How about blood DK's have a self debuff that drains 1% of their HP per second and their whole tanking style revolves into drain tanking and keeping himself alive through stealing blood from others?

The downside is starting every fight with 1% hp, but that's pretty much like a warrior starting a fight without his damn weapon.
Just doesn't make since to throw weapon and not have some sort of penalty. Bad idea, just delete the ability. Some more abilities utilizing our shields would be nice. Prot Warrior still needs some changes from the Dev team. IP doesn't make a mediocum of sense.
I mean, I would take a ranged weapon slot and carry a gun again.
10/02/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Cootie

Ad hominem attacks don't prove someone wrong.

...which is lucky for you as your CV doesn't stand up much better.

10/03/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Cootie
IP doesn't make a mediocum of sense.

It makes a much sense as someone with a max HP of nearly 200k being perfectly fine and functional at 1HP (0.0005%) and stone cold dead at 0.
First expansion maining this toon & my comments were less to attack the priest and more to point out him being Level 1 with so many posts. Seems like an account created to troll the forums to me.
10/11/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Cootie
First expansion maining this toon

So your main is 3/8N...
...which is lucky for you as your CV doesn't stand up much better.

Personally, there's nothing wrong with being 3/8N. But if experience is the measure you want to measure validity by...then you really should be able to measure up to your own standard.

10/11/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Cootie
my comments were less to attack the priest and more to point out him being Level 1 with so many posts. Seems like an account created to troll the forums to me.

Which is absolutely nothing but an attack on the priest, as opposed to his argument.