Enhancement damage

Shaman
Admittedly, I don't see a lot of Shaman around... Ele, enh, or resto. I'm interested in playing Enh though and am wondering how the numbers are, realistically? Or even, can they hold their own in a pvp setting? The few times I've encountered a shaman while in WM I've been able to 1v1 them, but they've been ele and I am running Disc so 1v1 comparison isn't exactly telling in that situation.
Enhancement is in a bad place... only two specs are worse. Destro and Marksmanship.

Its fun, but don't expect to get into M+ ever... and don't expect to even be middling on most dps meters.
10/05/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Kharn
Enhancement is in a bad place... only two specs are worse. Destro and Marksmanship.

Its fun, but don't expect to get into M+ ever... and don't expect to even be middling on most dps meters.

This guy is full of it. In enhancement, I am always in the top 5 DPS in heroic Uldir, and almost always #1 in +10 keystones.

That's unfortunate. I'm not worried about M+ groups though, I run with a dedicated group.

Didn't know their damage was that horrible, though. Is it that same way in pvp?
Must be nice being 20 ilvl's over everyone else in your raid then...

And I'm guessing you get in with premade groups... which doesn't count. Shamans are generally blanket denied dps spots in anything over +2

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#difficulty=4

Oh look... as of right now we are DEAD LAST...
10/05/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Thunderaan

This guy is full of it. In enhancement, I am always in the top 5 DPS in heroic Uldir, and almost always #1 in +10 keystones.

Well, this is good news compared to the other post lol.
He's wildly off base. HE might be doing ok, because of raw luck and probably a boatload of experience and gear.

The average shaman, is in a really bad place. Unless you can honestly say you will be top 5% in the world straight off the bat, shaman is a rough pick.
10/05/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Kharn
He's wildly off base. HE might be doing ok, because of raw luck and probably a boatload of experience and gear.

The average shaman, is in a really bad place. Unless you can honestly say you will be top 5% in the world straight off the bat, shaman is a rough pick.

Do you have any input on pvp enhancement?
Pvp is different. Our DPS output is still low. But we're still the kings of burst dps. So sometimes it doesn't matter can you can sunder ss people into the dirt if you're lucky.

We're not as mobile as we wish we were, and no where near as durable... considering some cloth wearers get more hp / stam than we do.

We have a decent pvp toolkit, but it's all about how you apply it.
Bottom of the barrel dps in PvE, top of the line DPS in PvP.

They decided to stack damage abilities in the PvP traits.
Enh is rather good in general in PvP and in arena as long as you aren't running a silly comp. Ele is as well. Shaman in general is good for PvP although the recent resto nerfs have impacted healing a good bit.

The problem is Shaman isn't in a good spot for most PvE content. Resto is the worst healer for Mythic+ by a massive margin for example. Despite popular opinion however, Enh is decent but a lot of groups would prefer other classes that have similar utility but better damage and defensives. Putting your Earth Shield on the tank to help out the healer, cap totem, Sundering, and instant healing surges are all nice in M+. Enh cleave/AoE damage is decent but single target is somewhat lacking. Shaman in general is very underrepresented in M+ for a variety of reasons.

Serious raiding groups prefer few if any Shaman for Uldir progression but Enh/Ele is perfectly fine for Heroic. Both specs should be better off in 8.1 but for obvious reasons we can't tell for sure just how much yet.

In your World PvP 1v1s with Shaman, did you ever face Enhance? Curious because the fight should either be a stalemate or Disc should lose. Can be an annoyingly long fight though depending on the situation (i.e. talents). Ele should also kill Disc rather easily if they have the Lava Shock trait stacked and burst properly but not so much if they don't.
That.

A LOT of classes just can't deal with the hard burst dps, especially with pvp talents.

You just don't have time to respond before the Shaman has turned you into soup.
In PvP Enh damage will prob get a nerf in the near future. In PvE, people say it's bad but I always perform well in m+ provided I can get into a group, and I always have to inflate my ilvl with healing gear and I don't have optimal azerite trait or stats. Can't say anything about raids as I don't care about raiding.
Enh Shammie is really strong PvP. One of the reasons why the devs are hesitant to buff Shamans as a whole is how strong they are in PvP.

In PvE the stigma is bigger than the dps differences should show. They have lower dps for sure but they bring some utility and still acceptable dps so if you have a dedicated m+ and raid group it's not like you'll be dragging them down significantly. This community is toxic AF so you'll get denied invites for sure if you're pugging but, you're not a pugger, you should be fine.
10/05/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Kharn
That.

A LOT of classes just can't deal with the hard burst dps, especially with pvp talents.

This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Enhance is great and performs very well if played correctly. Check my logs over on Warcraft logs, the entire guild is a top 20% parsing guild and I'm always top3.

The absolute only time enhance isn't being brought around is in hardcore mythic groups . If you just want to dabble in mythic and do normal and heroic you will be able to top the meters with practice
I let the forums scare me from leveling this shaman (enhance main). This week I said eff it and finished leveling him and this class is the most fun I have had in BfA. As I just hit 120 yesterday, I can say that in the groups I have gotten to run so far, I have been top 2 dps (given there is a lot of RnG involved-but in this game almost all classes are becoming that way). Have out dps'd warriors and hunters whos item levels exceeded mine. I like to push decently high keys and PvP. Not a hardcore raider or anything like that. The DPS numbers people are speaking of you really wont see until much higher content.

I recommend giving shaman a trial, see what you think. My only turn off with the class is there is not much variance in terms of what talents you should be running.

Best of luck!!
10/05/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Nhajar
I let the forums scare me from leveling this shaman (enhance main). This week I said eff it and finished leveling him and this class is the most fun I have had in BfA. As I just hit 120 yesterday, I can say that in the groups I have gotten to run so far, I have been top 2 dps (given there is a lot of RnG involved-but in this game almost all classes are becoming that way). Have out dps'd warriors and hunters whos item levels exceeded mine. I like to push decently high keys and PvP. Not a hardcore raider or anything like that. The DPS numbers people are speaking of you really wont see until much higher content.

I recommend giving shaman a trial, see what you think. My only turn off with the class is there is not much variance in terms of what talents you should be running.

Best of luck!!

Good post man, agree completely. Most people jump ship or are to busy on the forums talking bad about a spec they haven't spent time learning to play. Enhance is crazy fun and pulls some good numbers.
10/05/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Anarky
10/05/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Kharn
That.

This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Enhance is great and performs very well if played correctly. Check my logs over on Warcraft logs, the entire guild is a top 20% parsing guild and I'm always top3.

The absolute only time enhance isn't being brought around is in hardcore mythic groups . If you just want to dabble in mythic and do normal and heroic you will be able to top the meters with practice

This exactly I rarely lose in wpvp and have handled 1 v 2 most of the time the burst is stupid and on tap asap

As far as pve pulling 12-18k on avaerage for aoe and 10-16k single target

Now with that being said it is very rng based and gear dependant you will not start to shine till you can reach higher haste values first major breakpoint is 21% after that enhance holds its own and start to do some work
10/05/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Nerdstomper

How are they bottom barrel lol
10/05/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Aumia
10/05/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Thunderaan

Well, this is good news compared to the other post lol.

10/05/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Nerdstomper

Exactly this. However I do fair well in PVE damage too. Just wish I had more gear.....hence never being accepted to mythics :/