Enhancement damage

Shaman
Like any dps your damage is reliant on your gear. Wearing 340 weapons? You're gonna hit like a wet sock. 380 weapons? Well you're probably getting pretty good numbers now, huh...
Do arenas. You'll see enhancement and resto every game.
10/05/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Dynamesia
i believe some people are naturally more lucky than others. if you are one of those people that gets 5+ storm strike procs in a row enhance is great. if not what did you do in a previous life to have such bad karma?

My luck is on trash in m+ is to get 5-10 in a row or more then when it’s boss time nothing and or get double ice dogs
10/05/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Nhajar
I am sorry for my sarcasm. But dude, HOW can you recommend something after exactly 1 day of playing the new spec for you?

AND this is coming from someone who wont even post on their main, have to post on a 110 of the class you clearly aren't even playing. People like you are why these forums are so toxic lol[/quote]
That's true. I do not play shaman class anymore. And I see no reason to post on one of my 120 characters. For what, just to say: Oh, yes I have 120 rogue, that cool right?
They hit hard in pvp with pvp stormstrike talents. Pve has been lackluster for me and from what ive experienced others to. In order to do decently you have to dump your stormstrikes as soon as its off cd or procs.

I tool around on my ret who is 10 ilvls below my sham and surpass in dps. Comparitively its the same for other shams that are in the same group with at least 10 to 15 higher ilvls.

Blizz is working on it so ill just wait and see what they come up with.
My item level as enhancement is 368. I beat arms warriors with 370 item level on the DPS meter both single target and cleave, and am regularly in the top five current and overall DPS in raids. You need to work on your rotation.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/dragonmaw/thunderaan?mode=detailed&zone=19#difficulty=4

You sure about that?
10/07/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Thunderhoof
My item level as enhancement is 368. I beat arms warriors with 370 item level on the DPS meter both single target and cleave, and am regularly in the top five current and overall DPS in raids. You need to work on your rotation.

Yeah uhhhh. Beating arms warriors who probably think slam takes priority over mortal strike and having tanks who don't know regular position. I wouldn't be suprised if you outdps them lol.

Outdpsing someone in a pug doesn't always mean everything. Checking your parses and seeing how well you perform compared to other classes has more value and meaning than your so called "top five dps".
in raid its !@#$in garbage.. pvp its decent
10/05/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Thunderaan
10/05/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Kharn
Enhancement is in a bad place... only two specs are worse. Destro and Marksmanship.

Its fun, but don't expect to get into M+ ever... and don't expect to even be middling on most dps meters.

This guy is full of it. In enhancement, I am always in the top 5 DPS in heroic Uldir, and almost always #1 in +10 keystones.

You must have the worst arms warrior then. You only have 9 boss kills in uldir. Idk what you're smoking. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/dragonmaw/thunderaan?mode=detailed&zone=19#difficulty=4

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/dragonmaw/thunderaan?mode=detailed&zone=19#difficulty=4

You sure about that?

He probably meant 5 mans.

unsure if your reading comprehension is really bad or if you made a joke and i need more coffee

Whole lotta useless distracting noise in here...

OP, all you gotta know is
PvE = bottom to mid if lucky, only due to recent buffs.
PvP = top tier, crazy dmg but really only works in turbo comps. Excellent for bgs.
10/07/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Evilhart
in raid its !@#$in garbage.. pvp its decent
In PvP people are calling for a hard nerf to enhancement. If you follow the tournament Enhancement is a beast, being able to off heal better then any other DPS while having the burst and CC that is as good or better then anyone else. In PvE all anyone cares about is numbers, unless your raiding mythic but that's another story.
10/05/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Kharn
Enhancement is in a bad place... only two specs are worse. Destro and Marksmanship.

Its fun, but don't expect to get into M+ ever... and don't expect to even be middling on most dps meters.

Not true, I regularly get into high key groups and am one of the top dps if not top in my heroic uldir groups. If you know how to play enhance which is not very hard you can produce solid numbers. With that said there is still some problems with our spec and we are a little better off with the buff but it barely nudged us in the right direction. Our filler spells while waiting on stormstrike proccs are weak (mainly lava lash) and being starved for maelstrom a lot are some key things needing to be addressed. Having Doomwinds back and Lava Lash being reworked or just buffed would do a lot to return the spec to what it was near the end of legion.
10/08/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Càptinsano
am one of the top dps if not top in my heroic uldir groups.

That's because you raid with unskilled players.
Congratulations, I guess?
10/08/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Braapa

unsure if your reading comprehension is really bad or if you made a joke and i need more coffee

Get some coffee. :-)

You sure about that?

If you change the spec to enhance, his Avg Perf rating drops to 42.3, which is only slightly higher than mine (and I'm pretty terrible).

His top DPS is all as elemental. I think he is confused.

Enhance has real throughput and mechanical issues. The RNG of stormbringer is infuriating and absolutely the worst thing about the spec. The whole feast or famine idea of doing DPS is a badly thought out concept.

I really hope they fix it, and soon. Because I love this spec. It's the only one I really want to play.
@OP: Depending on PvP or PvE really will affect your view of shamans just like any other class.

PvE: They are not doing too hot. The forums are being hyperbolic by calling them the worst dps class. They ARE struggling and they ARE the lowest tier dps, but there are other classes/specs struggling too. People just would rather pick and choose the data points to support them than actually be honest. You can check warcraft logs yourself for the breakdown for Uldir.

(Ret Pallies are actually worse than them if you look at 75% percentile for Uldir and BOTH druid dps in the 99% percentile and sPriest losing to enchance in both 75% and 99% percentiles; This is looking at Mythic raiding parses)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/# (75% percentile Mythic Uldir data)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/#dataset=99 (99% percentile Mythic Uldir data)

PvP: Resto is solid, if not top tier with all its utility and strong kit. Enchance has broken dmg right now and is in need of tuning to balance its crazy burst and off-heals but lack of tools besides the random 1-shot bursting. Shaman's pvp strength seems to be what is keeping Blizz from buffing their dmg for PvE.

Ele is just not doing too hot. It's neither strong in pvp or pve.

Let's try to get this discussion back on a healthy topic that doesn't degrade into personal attacks because that is solving nothing. Prove your point through data, not ad hominem attacks that do nothing.