114 in a 120 expedition?

General Discussion
09/26/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Doomgazer
ok. so you put me in a group with 2 120's while I was at 114. now, not unexpectedly, they decided to boot me. here's the problem(s). 1. why in the holy hell did you put me in a group with 120's? and 2. why in the hell did I get the GD deserter debuff? Come on Blizz. You guys have been around long enough to know better. either set level brackets or normalize stats for all levels. killin' me smalls.

It is the best way to level right now until they stealth nerf the xp. Quests are boring the 2nd or 3rd time through. The quest gear rewards are not worth it. So, islands are much faster and better rewards.
09/26/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Doomgazer
ok. so you put me in a group with 2 120's while I was at 114. now, not unexpectedly, they decided to boot me.
If their reasoning was kicking you because you weren't 120 (ignorant on their part) & it becomes a rampant issue, they should just slap a 120 designation & raise stats as appropriate...instead of scaling mobs down to the individual.

There's probably some logic for not doing so, but the kicking for level disparity is silly. I assume that can only occur on normal level. I ran a couple on my 115 mage without issue, so not sure how pervasive level kicking is.
09/26/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Nerfessa
09/26/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Randalthor

I haven't experienced this occurrence in awhile so my knowledge is rusty, but I thought WoW worked the same? Does it not anymore? I swear I wouldn't get a deserter debuff if I left after a few other people already left or after the group wiped a few times.

Nope, I just had someone ditch a group a few nights ago and I was maybe the third person to leave, and I still incurred a deserter debuff.

I’m probably missing something, but why would you leave instead of just re-queuing in the dungeon? Or was this mythic+?

I know you mentioned that you don’t want to wait around for 20 minutes for a tank, but wouldn’t you just be waiting “20 minutes” for a tank after you left dungeon and attempted a re-queue?

Not trying to be snarky or contrarian, but this seems odd to me.
Seriously those players were idiots if they kicked you solely because you were under 120. As most others have said Blizzard implemented scaling during Legion and you would probably do more damage at a lower level anyways
110s can queue for normal islands, it's working as intended.

They even buffed the XP for them recently. I know I tried one on my orc and with rested it was about 10%, but that was before the XP buff.

09/26/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Mingz
It is the best way to level right now until they stealth nerf the xp.

They just buffed it, let me see if I can find the notes.

September 18th

Island Expeditions

The bonus XP reward for completing a normal Island Expedition has been increased.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21973195/hotfixes-september-25-2018

I doubt they'd stealth nerf something they recently buffed and publicly announced they buffed.
09/26/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Levíathan
The deserter debuff is applied indiscriminately to anyone who leaves a group regardless of why. This is because the system can't definitively know why a person is no longer in the group.

People can leave on their own for both legitimate or non legitimate reasons, and they can be kicked for legitimate or non legitimate reasons. There's no way a computer system to know (until such time they can read minds).

Yes, so penalize EVERYONE. lmao

This is not always the case for all instanced events- warfront being an example. Someone vote kicked does not get a deserter penalty and can get right back in to another warfront.