Spec with similar gameplay to Ret?

Paladin
I like Ret's emphasis on heavier, direct strikes with a bit of whack-a-mole thrown in. I want to know what's most similar to that.

I mean 100% gameplay-wise and not aesthetically, Unholy DK doesn't feel remotely the same despite being 2H oriented.
I've seen comparisons to an Arms Warrior when it comes to that.
Enh shammy plays very similar to ret, but with more RNG
09/28/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Bootywipe

Sorry, what? If enhance is similar to anything, it's fury warrior or frost DK. Sure as hell not ret.

Arms warrior is the closest to ret's playstyle, uholy DK following.
Destrolock!
09/28/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Madaria
09/28/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Bootywipe

Sorry, what? If enhance is similar to anything, it's fury warrior or frost DK. Sure as hell not ret.

I think enhance feels similar in terms of procs in a way. Like SS and blade
09/28/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Madaria

Aesthetically, yes, but UH DK doesn't feel like ret at all, frost actually feels more like it.

Heavy hits with some procs and spenders, that's ret.

UH DK is more setting up wounds, DoT and pet damage, it feels very different.
I’m not sure there is anything, TBH. I’ve been bouncing between arms and ret (and am sticking with paladin now)... I can see the comparison, for sure. That would be the closest for me.

I just really dislike the arms aesthetic and feel. The sounds especially remind me of a floating noodle hitting the pool. Ugh.
You're looking at Rogues and Feral Druids.

Build combo points, spend combo points.
Enhance is definitely the closest thing in terms of playstyle. You're fairly mobile, have great burst, good survivability, lots of utility and bring a lot of help for your teammates. You also get instant healing, but they can't heal quite as much as Ret. You'll feel right at home playing Enh.
I think WW monk has an extremely similar toolkit