Time Walking is bad and a waste of resources

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Azerite armor is bad and a waste of resources.
classic is going to be an absolute blast to read about
just wait until these people are introduced to vanilla stratholme

Dude, you can ignore most mechanics in +10s. Even tyrannical is less punishing than some mechanics in a time walk, which is HEROIC content, it gives loot, 5 ilvls lower than mythics, AND is less frequent which blizzard says means they can increase the rewards WHICH means that Time Walks are supposed to be heroics. WHICH YOU MOST CERTAINLY, CAN, IGNORE.

but you cant outgear it like you can mythics or mythic+, that's the point of them. if you really feel it's beneath you and not worth your time don't do it.

no one is holding a gun to your head demanding it

The point is, what is its point? Its clearly undefined content that serves little to no purpose.
If anything, timewalking needs to be expanded to include more dungeons and raids, including the 15-60 dungeons. The pre-Cata versions would also be a cool addition.
09/29/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Inviscerate
Timewalking is fine, cata suffers from people who think they don't have to do mechanics...

I did all five today. With the exception of one boss, we basically blitzed through all of the mechanics.
09/29/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Smugjuggs
The point is, what is its point? Its clearly undefined content that serves little to no purpose.

it's serves the purpose of reusing old content and adding something for casuals to do weekly to gear up.

I know you might not like this answer but most servers are dead and finding a reliable mythic+ group is a pain in the behind, this is an alternative.

it serves a purpose, just not one that you like
09/29/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Nzhuv
classic is going to be an absolute blast to read about
just wait until these people are introduced to vanilla stratholme

Classic is classic. You know what classic is, its well defined, it has a purpose, and doesn't exist in a quasi realm of "we don't really know what its purpose is" which is TW.
I disagree. I love timewalking and look forward to it when it’s up.
09/29/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Smugjuggs
09/29/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Lokath
Can you be a little more specific with your feedback?

What exactly feels bad about it?

What dungeon were you in? What mob was it that steamrolled you?

It'd be easier to give feed back if they explained what they expect from time walks. Are they heroic dungeons? Mythic dungeons? What are they supposed to be? Outside of not fun.

They’re supposed to be optional, like everything in WoW. If you can’t hack them for a purple, afk in a Warfront.
Cat dungeons are the hardest of them all (and always had a lot of bad reviews). Timewalker it's just a reminder.
09/29/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Smugjuggs

but you cant outgear it like you can mythics or mythic+, that's the point of them. if you really feel it's beneath you and not worth your time don't do it.

no one is holding a gun to your head demanding it

It's a nostalgic return to older content. If you can't grasp that, then it is probably not for you.
Hmm I did 5 of the cata dungeons in Timewalking, they werent bad at all, as long as people did what they were supposed to. I have to say either they were hotfixed or people exaggerated. Both are legitimate, since as of late Blizzard has become more comfortable with quietly stealth hotfixing things without letting us know.
If you don't like Time Walking dungeons don't do them. I enjoy the nostalgia behind them. It reminds me of a simpler time.
1. Tell dps you need a sec to pick up aggro so they don't unload (giggity) up front (looking at you havoc demon hunters)

2. Poly/Sap/Imprison/whatever ranged mobs out to the side before/as you engage.

3. Give people a chance to read the damned boss mechanics before running in.
I dunno what the heck you're talking about. Done just about all of the Cataclysm dungeons and they're all fine. Just do the mechanics and you will live. Unlike me, don't aggro the crap out of groups because all I do is smack, slam, slash and bladestorm the hell out of everything, that usually gets me killed.
i think timewalking is a nice little fun optional thing. i completely skipped over Cataclysm, i took a break during this time. So being able to experience a small part of the expansion through dungeons was pretty nice. This applies to anyone who either took a break or was not an actual player for whatever specific expansion the timewalking is focusing on.

You also have the option to get a reward from a weekly quest by doing Timewalking. Again, optional content with a reward. You can also collect some appearances or collect items that you dont have.

The que times are generally short so its not much of an investment. I also like that death is a pretty high chance in timewalking, so its nice to see braindead tanks who think they are good wipe groups while clearing trash. Its good to put these people in their place sometimes.

You also get to collect tokens to turn in for EVEN MORE stuff, possibly mounts. SO MUCH STUFF!
09/29/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Smugjuggs
They clearly can't balance it, they have no idea what to do with it (Its basically a heroic dungeon, but harder than a mythic dungeon, which makes zero sense for absolutely zero reason)

Yall feeding into sunken cost fallacy, at this point it costs more to keep them than it does to just drop them.

Timewalking is nerfed with a hotfix to the lvl it is now it was fun till like 2 days...

Just doing some legion mythics, they feel like normal tbc vanilla dungeons... most bosses die like trash mobs... by lvl110 players without having bfa.

This game is nerfed to the ground...
09/29/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Farajah
09/29/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Inviscerate
Timewalking is fine, cata suffers from people who think they don't have to do mechanics...

I did all five today. With the exception of one boss, we basically blitzed through all of the mechanics.
as they were nerfed in a recent hotfix midweek....
09/29/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Smugjuggs
You don't have to do mechanics in mythic. You don't have to do mechanics in heroic.

Ya try that on +10
09/29/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Melima
09/29/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Farajah

as they were nerfed in a recent hotfix midweek....

This whole post is 2 hours old.