Stop with the Simcrafting!!!!

General Discussion
Simcrafting is just a giant waste of time. Its almost always WRONG!! People trust it likes its a gospel truth! Play the game test it for yourself. if you want to just run everything in simcraft. Unsub the game delete it from your computer and simcraft what you want. BOOM now your happy.
Not sure I understand your rant??
Oh thank you! I'm free now!

Wait..... what's going to give me more happiness points: having my tea with sugar or honey? Better sim it.
Dear diary, today i made a forum post.
10/01/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Crisix
Play the game test it for yourself.

So run a single run on a test dummy with a high RNG factor for Crit and damage ranges and use that single run on a test dummy as an indicator whether a 0.5% average upgrade is actually an upgrade ?

I'll use simcraft.
Depends what they are using the simulation for.

If its to compare gear sets its a good tool, if your using it expecting your damage output to match 1:1of the simulation regardless of mechanics or your particular role within the raid your in doing it wrong.
Hey is that a new game like sim city ?? :D
I wonder what type of person makes such an inane post.

Like what's going through your head to cause such a post.
10/01/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Säyä
Not sure I understand your rant??

They don't understand math.
I think the real problem is there are too many carries in world of warcraft raid environments. It's a handful of players that that make most of the raid content possible. Nearly everyone else is doing the bare minimum. SO, this is where the devotion to min/maxing comes into play among raiders. You know you have lazy players in your group, so you have to get the most out of them by shaming them if they don't min/max or copy top tier players.
Simcrafting is just a giant waste of time. Its almost always WRONG!! People trust it likes its a gospel truth! Play the game test it for yourself. if you want to just run everything in simcraft. Unsub the game delete it from your computer and simcraft what you want. BOOM now your happy.

Oh, you mad ’cause I’m stylin’ on you...

you must know so muchabout raiding and damage with your lfr progression
10/01/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Beraaht
I'll use simcraft.

I will too, but there is a shred of truth to what the OP says. It seems to me that people put way more stock in sims than they should, where they'll choose an activated-trinket because it sims 25 dps higher under ideal circumstances over an error-proof passive one (or a stat-stick).

When it's normal to be blowing past 10,000 dps at Heroic, agonizing over these sorts of differences gets kind of silly. It's true that they're additive, but even then, you're splitting straws.
10/01/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Comedy
I think the real problem is there are too many carries in world of warcraft raid environments. It's a handful of players that that make most of the raid content possible. Nearly everyone else is doing the bare minimum. SO, this is where the devotion to min/maxing comes into play among raiders. You know you have lazy players in your group, so you have to get the most out of them by shaming them if they don't min/max or copy top tier players.

To the extent that that is true, you can blame LFG, and cross server groupings. When those first were introduced, my guild and I immediately foresaw that it would eventually result in what we have today, a toxic player community that is totally disconnected from each other, and players letting their mouths run as they rage about one thing or another because they know they'll never see these particular people again.
10/01/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Amoc
I will too, but there is a shred of truth to what the OP says. It seems to me that people put way more stock in sims than they should, where they'll choose an activated-trinket because it sims 25 dps higher under ideal circumstances over an error-proof passive one (or a stat-stick).

On use trinkets are off the GCD. Check what the APL does in Simcraft with it, replicate it. Most of use comes down to macroing it with your DPS cooldown like :

#showtooltip
/cast Avenging Wrath
/use 13
/use 14

Basically, most On Use trinkets might as well be 100% passive because of this behavior. So if simcraft says a 2 minute cooldown on use is a 25 DPS, it's a DPS gain.
10/01/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Mcbeardy

you must know so muchabout raiding and damage with your lfr progression

I do with my 1-2 hours to play at 6am....Tell me who raids at 6am..Back in Wrath when I had time to raid I was more on top of top end raid progression. But don't worry one day you might understand.
10/01/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Crisix
Tell me who raids at 6am

Oceanic realms.
Might need to sim yourself
Play the game test it for yourself.

I do test it, and its pretty accurate. Maybe you just need to get good at the game?

do with my 1-2 hours to play at 6am....Tell me who raids at 6am..

If you dont raid, then why are you complaining about simcraft? Do you just wanna complain about something, or do you just not understand simcraft and because you cant figure it out no one else is allowed to use it?
I do with my 1-2 hours to play at 6am....Tell me who raids at 6am..Back in Wrath when I had time to raid I was more on top of top end raid progression. But don't worry one day you might understand.

Not Bashing, I would check out Oceanic servers.
I had some friends who worked the overnight and wouldn't get home until 4-6PM and they just raided with the Aussies since it's 4-6PM for them.