Cm Yth recent post?

General Discussion
10/01/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Omnipotentjc
Players like me who try to provide positive feedback will get the wrong idea that they are targeted by this kind of non sence.

No, they won't.
I am not surprised that people said terrible things about him and harassed him. The internet allows for people to be jerks because they are anonymous. I am somewhat surprised by his public rant though. While I know it was not directed at me because I have never harassed him nor would I. It doesn't make it any less unprofessional though. He holds a high level position and represents blizzard. Now maybe his work contract says he can do or say whatever he wants on his own time he still is a figure for the company.

An example for myself would be that students write terrible things on rateyourprofessor about myself and colleagues. This also does even extend to my own personal twitter. I simply ignore it, for people that do it on my twitter I just ban them. It would be horribly inappropriate for me or a colleague to tweet out at the end of finals that are students or even a small group of students were dumb or something like that. Anyone working at a high level in a company should know this is common sense.

We will see how blizzard reacts and while not a big deal will sway my opinion slightly on the professionalism of blizzard.
10/01/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Thrakenx
I am not surprised that people said terrible things about him and harassed him. The internet allows for people to be jerks because they are anonymous. I am somewhat surprised by his public rant though. While I know it was not directed at me because I have never harassed him nor would I. It doesn't make it any less unprofessional though. He holds a high level position and represents blizzard. Now maybe his work contract says he can do or say whatever he wants on his own time he still is a figure for the company.

this sums it up for me. Very unprofessional on his part.

Totally warranted, but very unprofessional, all the same.
So what happened?
Yth, feel free to 404 this post, please.
10/01/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Truckum
10/01/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Omnipotentjc
“If you think the tweet was about you then maybe you should evaluate if you're doing that behavior or not. If you read the tweet and think "Wow people do that? That's awful", then you probably weren't who he was talking about. That tweet isn't about the WoW community, its a vocal minority using Twitter who are toxic and awful. People that specifically tweet at him with anonymous accounts. It's easy to ignore (you'd be amazed at the things people say to us that literally nothing bothers you as a CM) but it fills up your mentions with garbage and it gets annoying because it makes it hard to use.

I don't know how this is news, I do the same thing like almost everyone else in this industry that has a Twitter. If someone angrily tweets at me stuff about the game that isn't remotely constructive or just attacks me, I block you too. I like being social with the community, same as Lore. However, it gets to a point when people are spewing things at you just because you're reachable rather than actually trying to engage with you as a person about the game we both love.

Let's not make click-bait threads that are taking things from a personal Twitter account out of context for what they actually are. Locking for obvious reasons.”

The original twitter post went something a long the lines of I’m sick of your idiot ranting you dickheads. I don’t respond to stuff about ingame issues on my Twitter.

Is this an attack on the community further by another CM? I lately have been vocal about some things on the forum I haven’t been liking about the game and would like to see changed, do I fit into the category this guy is talking about?

Is it wrong to share the same opinions as many others and be vocal about it?

I didn’t have a problem with Lore saying this on his Twitter but for a CM to come onto the forums and call out people who are concerned with the game who try to make meaningful posts seems very unprofessional. Is this a billion dollar company, or is this pre teens lashing out in a school yard?

This left a terrible taste in my mouth if this is how a company chooses to represent itself.

Narcassism in its finest folks! Believe it ok not....NOT everything on the internet is about you. Perhaps you should put down the keyboard for a while and walk outside and see the big world we live in! It might shed some light on that fact that there are other people and they are allowed to have different opinions and say stuff that has nothing to do with you!

10/01/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Snowslight
10/01/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Omnipotentjc
I’ve posted some ranting posts about the games current state on the forums and comparing it to previous expansions, as well as trying to come up with solutions. I know I wasn’t on Josh Allen’s personal twitter, I don’t even have one.

The subject is ranting about in game issues and for a CM to support this on their business platform is a terrible representation of the company?

I am not out here saying dude should get fired but perhaps apologize to the community. Players like me who try to provide positive feedback will get the wrong idea that they are targeted by this kind of non sence.

Lores twitter is personal and he has the right to say what he wants. This is a business platform. Looks to me the quality of this CM is on par with some of the issues affecting the expansion.

The quality of the expansion is tied directly to corporate mentality more than any one person or small group of people.

That's why it's so annoying when stuff like this gets attention. It's not important because it's not about the player base or even the game directly.
It's about polluting an avenue of communication with bullsh t that doesn't pertain to anything useful and wasting the time of people who could assist in improving the game but they're stymied because of narcissistic behaviour, ie: drama queens.

I am not the CM who is on their business platform telling players if they made ranting posts they are idiot dickheads. That is what his post implys.

Also Truckum I was outside when you posted that, prat.
Surprise? Addicts aren’t always pleasant people.
10/01/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Infernastorm
10/01/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Thrakenx

this sums it up for me. Very unprofessional on his part.

Totally warranted, but very unprofessional, all the same.

I mean I totally get where he is coming from. There are times I wish I could point out some of the things I have dealt with but just have to have a thick skin and deal with it. I do hope the best for him in figuring out how to deal with it and I hope he can make this right. I think a simply I am sorry was frustrated would do wonders for the situation.
10/01/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Valdrane
I cannot believe Yth betrayed pancakes like that!

Waffles you communist pig!
It's.. all kind of funny, if you think about it in the full context.

The blues used to post to the forums, we got too nasty, so they went to twitter.

So, the trolls followed them to twitter, and now twitter is too nasty.
10/01/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Omnipotentjc
10/01/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Truckum

Narcassism in its finest folks! Believe it ok not....NOT everything on the internet is about you. Perhaps you should put down the keyboard for a while and walk outside and see the big world we live in! It might shed some light on that fact that there are other people and they are allowed to have different opinions and say stuff that has nothing to do with you!

10/01/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Snowslight

The quality of the expansion is tied directly to corporate mentality more than any one person or small group of people.

That's why it's so annoying when stuff like this gets attention. It's not important because it's not about the player base or even the game directly.
It's about polluting an avenue of communication with bullsh t that doesn't pertain to anything useful and wasting the time of people who could assist in improving the game but they're stymied because of narcissistic behaviour, ie: drama queens.

I am not the CM who is on their business platform telling players if they made ranting posts they are idiot dickheads. That is what his post implys.

Also Truckum I was outside when you posted that, prat.

They were not on their business platform. Lore was on a public social media in which he responded to people harrassing and tolling him. It has nothing to do with the wow community as a while. Stop conflating!
10/01/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Snowfox
It's.. all kind of funny, if you think about it in the full context.

The blues used to post to the forums, we got too nasty, so they went to twitter.

So, the trolls followed them to twitter, and now twitter is too nasty.

Except.. They have direct control of what is posted on these forums but not twitter. Hmmm.
10/01/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Kushner
Did a CM really call some people d!ckheads?

Is it wrong to call a spade a spade?

I'm one for being snarky about the current state of the game. But I do think people take it to the next level and are searching for issues.

While I'm surprised that a person in the industry is having problems dealing with toxicity, I'm also still surprised that many of my peers use twitter for anything constructive.

If you think someone should get punished for minor words online, maybe you should rethink your life, just saying.
10/01/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Tpaartôs
10/01/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Axeperson

You're quite detached. If I was lores boss, I'd be more worried about his stress and health considering this is his first outburst.

I've witnessed people get fired for posting things pertaining to thier jobs on social media. I'm not saying fire him, but he should be reprimanded in some way for talking about paying customers like that.

That's far from detached. That's the real world.

If being jerk to someone who is obviously stressed out is being in the real world, then I'm glad I'm not a jerk (I'd prefer to say a different word, starts with a, ends with hole).

Punishing someone who is at their limits accomplishes nothing. If anything, it convinces themselves to commit suicide. Think a little before you make it obvious you're a jerk.
10/01/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Axeperson
10/01/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Tpaartôs

I've witnessed people get fired for posting things pertaining to thier jobs on social media. I'm not saying fire him, but he should be reprimanded in some way for talking about paying customers like that.

That's far from detached. That's the real world.

If being jerk to someone who is obviously stressed out is being in the real world, then I'm glad I'm not a jerk (I'd prefer to say a different word, starts with a, ends with hole).

Punishing someone who is at their limits accomplishes nothing. If anything, it convinces themselves to commit suicide. Think a little before you make it obvious you're a jerk.

Same could be applied for removing a player from forums or a game, then?
10/01/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Valdrane
What we REALLY need to discuss is Yth's breakfast this morning.

French toast...........WTF!

I cannot believe Yth betrayed pancakes like that!

TRAITOR!!!

Someone get the tar and feathers.

Are you kidding me? The real story is not that he betrayed pancakes, but that he betrayed WAFFLES!

The nerve of the Baby Ox.

The Waffle Police have been alerted, and they will be dealing with him shortly and delivering to him the justice that he deserves.

/moo
What if I would like to submit feedback on posts from Blizzard employees but not post on the forums as call outs are against the rules?
If you have any sort of issue or feedback about a Blizzard employee's posts then you can submit that via email at wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com

--

We are here to listen, chat, and discuss the game. We understand that things can get heated at times (on both sides) but trust me when I say that we want what's best for the game.