Try making a character whose name starts with "Bard"

General Discussion
10/02/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Splutmuscle
10/02/2018 11:02 PMPosted by Bastian

Why are you guys listing names here?
...um. We've got lumps of it, 'round the back.

Ooooh Monte Python. English teacher tried getting us into it back in 1996. Just not my thing.
10/02/2018 11:28 PMPosted by Llightknight
10/02/2018 11:24 PMPosted by Sunfaller
They restrict you from having titles in names
Like Knight, King, Queen...coz blizzard hates RP

But.... my name?

You can’t start it with a title. Baron is not usable, but Abaron is fine.

Never thought of Bard as a title.
Tried making a toon just called King: That name contains mature language. Congrats bliz.
Ahem....
10/02/2018 11:24 PMPosted by Magdelmaria
Why would you ever get excited for a new class at this point?

Do you seriously want to level up through vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, WoD, Legion AND BfA and possibly more?

Because you know character boosting won't be allowed so that Blizzard can have their "time account active" metric.

I agree with you, but not for the reason you're giving.

The reason I'm not excited for a new class is because it will invariably be a tank with better self-healing/solo viability than a warrior. First DK, then monk, then DH. The precedent is there.

Do you seriously want to level up through vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, WoD, Legion AND BfA and possibly more?

Because you know character boosting won't be allowed so that Blizzard can have their "time account active" metric.

I’m hoping for healer, ranged bow, and dual wield melee. Instruments only pulled out for certain animations.
I agree with you, but not for the reason you're giving.

The reason I'm not excited for a new class is because it will invariably be a tank with better self-healing/solo viability than a warrior. First DK, then monk, then DH. The precedent is there.
10/02/2018 10:34 PMPosted by Bastian
10/02/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Aellom
I hope so. It is the one core RPG archetype that is still missing.

Completely agree. Make it mail, give em a bow for ranged DPS, dual wield for melee dps, and a 1 handed caster weapon / off hand for healer. Have them pull out an instrument for most of the heal spell animations. Done deal.

I liked the FFXI bard. Light heals from a subclass, buffs from songs. Total blast to play as and extremely beneficial to the party.

Yes. Many of us don't subscribe to the leveling-sucks newsletter.
10/03/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Tarc

Yes. Many of us don't subscribe to the leveling-sucks newsletter.

QFT
They restrict titles/vocations/whatever at the start of the name, so it doesn't mean anything.
Bardock? It's probably taken though, how about Bardoreo?
Completely agree. Make it mail, give em a bow for ranged DPS, dual wield for melee dps, and a 1 handed caster weapon / off hand for healer. Have them pull out an instrument for most of the heal spell animations. Done deal.

Wait, so a ranged and dual wield DPS class with healing? Would you like some whip cream with that fantasy class?
BardCompany
Bardbarian
BardonMuchhousin
10/03/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Lightblinger

I liked the FFXI bard. Light heals from a subclass, buffs from songs. Total blast to play as and extremely beneficial to the party.

No thanks. People are casting spells hunters are shooting things melee types are swing swords, axes and maces.

What are 'bards' doing? Plucking their magic ukulele
I have 0 desire to see Bards in this game. I don't mind them in other RPG settings, but they've never been a part of Warcraft and they'd just be more forced in junk.
10/04/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Caelin

Wait, so a ranged and dual wield DPS class with healing? Would you like some whip cream with that fantasy class?

That was for each spec.

One spec would use a bow and supplement songs as buffs, debuffs, and utility. They might use parlor tricks too, kind of like a bard of entertainment.

One spec would dual wield swords (or maybe daggers) and use songs the same way. One of the songs could be a short duration stealth (common bard trope in other rpgs) to get into position. This would be a spy/assassin in disguise type of bard.

The last would use a one handed weapon and offhand for some minor offense, but it's actually a healer spec. They use music to heal, buff, debuff, utility, etc. I'd give them an AoE CC, AoE slow, mostly HoTs, crap like that. I'd trust blizzard to work it out.

Why would it be so impossible for us to find a group of elves on some hidden island who had masked their location so they can enjoy their music who then teach us how to use music for magical purposes? I know that's Pandarenish, but it's not far fetched.

And after Void Elves, ANYTHING is possible in this game. I'd even say Bards would make more sense than Void Elves (though don't get me wrong, I love my Void Elf Warrior ;)
Bardly
Bardromance
10/02/2018 10:43 PMPosted by Jank
Bards are awesome; WoW needs Bards. Anybody who doesn't understand the power of sound vibrations never paid attention in school. Or played D&D; 5th Edition doing the Bard true justice, in my opinion.

Sword & Board Tank with a passive song buff that reduces ally damage.
Staff Healer with a passive song buff that regenerates ally damage.
One handed Melee DPS with a passive song buff that gives a bonus to ally damage.
Crossbow Ranged DPS with a passive song buff that gives a bonus to ally mobility.

Add in specific Songs, Abilities and such where you will.

Yes.. But like DAoC bard.
10/02/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Bastian
10/02/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Aehl
Bardtholemew

Bardbara

Bardbardboy

Bardabbas

I meant in game. It won't allow you to.

Bardstrom

Bardlyworking

Bardman

Bardo