MOTHER aggro

Bug Report
I was trying to kill mother heroic with my guild tonight and I kept loosing aggro to the off-tank (I'm the main tank). He wasn't even attacking her.
Had this issue tonight as well, in Normal. I was off-tank (Vengeance), main tank was Guardian.

Even if I never touched MOTHER, she would eventually aggro me in the second chamber. Basically it seemed like threat from the Corruption adds was being reflected to MOTHER herself.

We eventually managed to down her by swapping to where I was tanking MOTHER and the Guardian Druid was tanking the adds. I can only guess that the Druid's lower AoE threat meant less Threat was getting reflected to MOTHER, so I was better able to hold her attention.
Can we get some more replies to this one? This is a rather annoying issue to deal with. It's been reported on reddit on a few threads as well.

Our guild has been experiencing this threat issue for the last 2 weeks now. MOTHER is going for our OT after the first Sanitizing Strike, and then again after the first Purifying Strike. It's as if threat is being dropped completely from the MT after each ability cast.

Scenario:

MT taunts and/or pulls to start the encounter
Sanitizing Strike cast
MOTHER immediately heads to OT (confirmed multiple times our OT is not taunting and/or doing very little DPS)
MT taunts back
Purifying Strike cast while taunt still on CD
MOTHER immediately heads back to OT
MT waits until taunt off CD, then taunt
Wind Tunnel cast
MOTHER begins to go to attack OT again, but returns to MT once OT goes to room 2

We have yet to experience an issue where MOTHER actually follows the OT into the next room (thankfully).
I have had the same issue 3 weeks in a row on heroic. I do not even touch the boss and she beelines for me randomly. It happens more often if we go to next room before a wind tunnel. I have had it happen when I was MT as well with a Monk or Guardian druid.
Report update:

Last night, not happy enough dancing between me and the off tank in the 1st phase, the boss decided to hit the off tank that was in the other room. WTH?

Quick tip: the off tank not targeting the boss (clicking on boss, making his unit frame appear) seems to make the problem less painful. I lost aggro less times that way.
Adding my complaint to the list - did it on normal on Tuesday, and was not targeting the boss, and then all of a sudden she turned and started hitting me as OT. Then did Heroic on Friday, and the same thing.
Still a thing today after reset by the way. CM please respond to this total screw up.
Having exact same issue. I found the only fix (Or could be RNG) was for me to not exist on her agro table until we left Room 1.

We had roughly 10 pulls of no agro issues, then we'd have an issue where I pull it the second taunt ends, while standing 15 yards away. I've only noticed this starting since the 09/21 hotfix.
My guild has a Prot Paladin and Guardian Druid tank pair, and this happens to us in some small way every week (we've learned to mostly work around it by the 2nd tank doing absolutely nothing until he needs to tank adds). It's caused several wipes because either Mother or the slimes will drop aggro and run through the barrier right at the other tank, or Mother will spin and smush the melee dps. Tank threat on this fight is really weird. Please fix; our druid tank is going insane over this.
Had this issue last night. Our Mother tank is a DK and I handle adds. I simply put the debuff on MOTHER for the damage boost (I’m the only DH) and do a total of 2-5k damage without attacking. I’m watching my aggro rise for no reason until eventually I have full aggro. It made no sense.
Our guild has had his the past 2 Friday nights on both normal and heroic. We will try to capture footage this upcoming friday
Have been experiencing this since Uldir opened. I MT Mother and our paladin tank is the OT and constantly pulling threat either autoattacking or not even doing anything. We switched it up and he didn't lose agro once, even with me doing full dps to it, so maybe it's a class bug?

Basically I'm having to taunt Mother on cooldown. None of the other bosses do we have any threat issues.
Same issue here.
Also my Dancing Rune weapon is not working as intended in this fight. Using Marrowend whith DRW active anly gives me 3 stacks of bone armor instead of 6.

Same problem with aggro. I kept loosing the aggro to the off-tank, even though i was doing more damage (than even some dps too)

Lastly, this happens in LFR, Normal and Heroic. this has been going on for 3 weeks now.
10/11/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Stryker
Also my Dancing Rune weapon is not working as intended in this fight. Using Marrowend whith DRW active anly gives me 3 stacks of bone armor instead of 6.

I confirmed this. Marrowend + DRW is not working as intended in this boss.

Still loosing aggro.
DRW aint worked on this boss properly since the raid came out. Been an issue literally every week.
10/23/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Celystus
Also my Dancing Rune weapon is not working as intended in this fight. Using Marrowend with DRW active only gives me 3 stacks of bone armor instead of 6.

I confirmed this. Marrowend + DRW is not working as intended in this boss.

Still loosing aggro.

+1 to this; can confirm both issues have plagued this fight as long as I've been tanking it.