OP uses hyperbolic title

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 13 Next
Lets be honest here guys.

What can Lore do? He cannot do anything besides be the messenger he is. Are his interactions with Ion cringe on the Q&A? Yes. But they have to be like that because that's how companies are now. It's family friendly.

Lore is doing his job. The things he sends back to us is from the Dev team. He's a bridge. If you're upset with someone on the other side of the bridge, do you scream at the bridge?

Give the guy a break.
He's not wrong. Also, if you're not an anonymous D-bag, this probably doesn't apply to you.

To many generalize because they see one or two words and think it applies to everyone.
Hey, someone had to say it.
lol this thread is full of dbags.
10/01/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Kreyallin
10/01/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Barrison
From Josh Allen (AKA Lore) Twitter feed: Just FYI since I've been having to do it a lot lately: yes, I am very quick to mute or block people on Twitter. It's, in my experience, the only way to make using Twitter not be a constant slog through garbage spewed by anonymous ****bags. My mental health > your idiotic ranting.

Then he says:

(this is also part of why I don't use my personal Twitter as a platform for collecting game feedback, incidentally)

I'll meet him half-way - I don't actually disagree with some of that, but being a WoW CM and then tying this kind of tweet from your personal account and clearly specifying it's about the WoW Community...

... ho lordie.

Is this what Blizzard meant by "Improved Communication?"

As he said it his personal account not his work account his personal account don't bother him there, he can do whatever he wants, he can block whoever he wants.

I can get fired from my job if I post stuff like this on my personal accounts. So why is it ok for him to call customers that and not be punished. Personal account or not he's one of the faces of wow we see most often as of late. He should keep up properly for the position or step down....
Considering he is talking about a bunch of crying WoW kids I am surprised he was so civil. +1 for him.
10/01/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Sunfaller
10/01/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Hirai

That's what Jessica Price thought when she used her personal twitter account to launch a tirade at a customer and then got her butt fired.
there are people legit trolling him compared to someone who expressed his opinion and got attacked for it in her case.

Case in point, she was a dev, he is a cm. CMs should know what to say and what not to say.

This is the difference. While a bit unwise to be calling people dbags, he's being trolled. Price was out for blood that day and was triggered over someone politely disagreeing with her and wanting to have an actual open discussion. She then went overboard and apparently it was about her gender and everyone is a sexist !@#$ pig. She's a complete moron.
10/01/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Hirai

As he said it his personal account not his work account his personal account don't bother him there, he can do whatever he wants, he can block whoever he wants.

That's what Jessica Price thought when she used her personal twitter account to launch a tirade at a customer and then got her butt fired.

Once again the difference there is that she said something a Community member politefully said something in return and she went on a rant on how that Community member was a man trying to tell her what her job is and made it about politics and nothing that made any sense, Lore is blocking the negativity, not the constructive feedback
10/01/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Sinney
10/01/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Caerii

He’s talking about Twitter “trolls” in relation to his job and the company he represents. The only difference between this and some Best Buy employee tweeting that their customers are dickbags is that this is on a much larger scale.

Whether you agree with him or not, it’s the fact that this reflects Blizzard. If this guy is calling WoW customers and players dickbags and getting away with it, what are the implications for the rest of Blizzard employees?

Sweetie, we ARE dickbags. Own it and grow up.

I’m not the one needing to grow up if you think the company doesn’t have the responsibility to enforce punishments for these actions.

As I said, whether or not you agree with him, he’s representing Blizzard, and Blizzard has a responsibility to their company and their shareholders to squash this kind of negative PR.

I appreciate your condescending response though. Nothing shrieks of misplaced arrogance more than calling someone honey and telling them to grow up.
I mean to be fair, Twitter is a bad place for discussion I don't know why EVERYONE is trying to do that with every company.

10/01/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Caerii
I’m not the one needing to grow up if you think the company doesn’t have the responsibility to enforce punishments for these actions.

I hate the idea of "I was an !@#$%^- to this guy and stressed him out to the point he said ONE bad thing to me...NOW PUNISH HIS *!@"

It just reinforces how little faith humanity deserves.
I'm a @#*@#!#* bag, you're a @#*@#!#* bag, EVERYONE'S A DICK BAG!
10/01/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Esaara
It's weird how some of ya'll automatically assume you're the shpitbags he's talking about because whenever I see comments like that coming from a public figure I never feel any sense of guilt since I've never done wrong in that way.

So "we're" not apparently shpitbags. You are, because you associate yourself with the negativity he's talking about. So that's your problem, not the rest of the community's. Most of us get along just fine without sending unhinged ranty diatribes at the CMs and Devs on a regular basis.

Except another Community Manager who works for Blizzard decided to chime in on his Twitter rant/calling players d**kbags and add her own insult.
So the moral of the story is that ****bags don't like to be called out for their ****bag behavior?
There's a difference between sending constructive calm criticism, and attacking the guy for trying to help a !@#$ty situation.

If you think he was talking about you, you're part of the problem.
"You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain."
They aren't allowed to do that to me! I work for blizzard! I'ts so hard having a job where I get to be part of something I love. Why? WHY? WHY!!!? WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO MEEEEEEEE!

Oh man the poor baby, somebody said some mean things to him online.
10/01/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Menard
Lets be honest here guys.

What can Lore do? He cannot do anything besides be the messenger he is. Are his interactions with Ion cringe on the Q&A? Yes. But they have to be like that because that's how companies are now. It's family friendly.

Lore is doing his job. The things he sends back to us is from the Dev team. He's a bridge. If you're upset with someone on the other side of the bridge, do you scream at the bridge?

Give the guy a break.

I highly doubt the “other side” told him to call the community anonymous dickbags.
10/01/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Barrison
From Josh Allen (AKA Lore) Twitter feed: Just FYI since I've been having to do it a lot lately: yes, I am very quick to mute or block people on Twitter. It's, in my experience, the only way to make using Twitter not be a constant slog through garbage spewed by anonymous ****bags. My mental health > your idiotic ranting.

Then he says:

(this is also part of why I don't use my personal Twitter as a platform for collecting game feedback, incidentally)

I'll meet him half-way - I don't actually disagree with some of that, but being a WoW CM and then tying this kind of tweet from your personal account and clearly specifying it's about the WoW Community...

... ho lordie.

Is this what Blizzard meant by "Improved Communication?"

In this day nothing is sacred. How many people have been !@#$ canned for stuff they posted on their personal Twitter account lately. It's depressing but when posting something to social media never think "it's just my personal account of wil be fine".
If he doesn't like his job anymore and resorts to name-calling the playerbase instead of being professional, I'm sure there are many others standing in line that would be more than happy to take his place.
10/01/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Hirai
10/01/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Sunfaller
Case in point, she was a dev, he is a cm. CMs should know what to say and what not to say.

That fact only makes it worse!

A dev isn't expected to know how to deal with customers.

A CM, though, dealing with customers is in their job description!

Jessica Price got fired, even though she's just a dev who went off the deep end at a customer.

Lore is a CM, a mouthpiece whose job it is to engage the community, and he went off the deep end with a very public rant on his twitter.

I'm not saying that I condone firing the guy, but yet... to be honest, I think I'd start looking for new employment options if I were him just to be sure.
As funny as his meltdown was, honestly he's not the real problem here. Firing Lore wouldn't solve any of the real issues behind this situation. If he did get fired I would see it more as Blizzard using him as a scapegoat to get back some of the more zealous player loyalty in a very sneaky way.