The last Research Tier gives 50 War resources... per emissary quest

General Discussion
10/04/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Mvura
You think 10 days to pay back something that will benefit you for over 500 days is a bad investment?

It is, if you quit on day 11 due to the xpac being lackluster..

Can you do math? The expansion will be out for 500+ more days, there is an emissary every day, it will take 10 days to make back the initial investment. People complaining about this are incredibly dumb.

They literally just posted yesterday that emissary gear rewards are going to go up to 370 (and higher as the expack goes on).[u][/u] Are you under the impression that emissaries give you literally nothing right now and this just makes them give you 50 resources? Some people on this forum....

You might want to lay off of the attitude, your the idiot in this thread. Big whoop if they give 370 gear LATER..... you can already get 370-390 gear in warfronts as titanforged and by the time they change quest to 370 I am sure 370 will be a joke as everyone has passed it by then, kinda like trades gear, completly useless by the time you farm the mats.

Enjoy thinking your smart , have fun with that,

That is going to be the cap for THIS CURRENT PATCH. 370, is high for Azerite gear. They said it is going to be hotfixed in before 8.1. So yea, I know I'm right, thanks.
10/04/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Ultimus
Its 500 to research not to mention all the research to get there. The initial investment alone requires 10 days of non stop emissary.

Very underwhelming to say the least. The last tier in Legion at least gave us a secondary legendary.

#Meaningful
10/04/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Obvious
You think 10 days to pay back something that will benefit you for over 500 days is a bad investment?

It is, if you quit on day 11 due to the xpac being lackluster..

ba-da-DING!
I didnt do the research after the " collect the fifth companion "

Whole system and everything it relates to is just so pointless.
With paragon rep coming in 8.1 and now azerite armor scaling with gear for emissary it will path for itself fairly quickly.
10/04/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Ultimus
Its 500 to research not to mention all the research to get there. The initial investment alone requires 10 days of non stop emissary.

Very underwhelming to say the least. The last tier in Legion at least gave us a secondary legendary.

If you're never going to do emissaries it's a waste, yes.

If you do them, it's not. It will take 10 emissaries to recoup the 500 resource cost, and after that you're building resources again.

If you do them 5 days a week, you have enough for your weekly seal - 250 resources. Given that gold is not dropping from the skies this expansion, 250 resources seems like a much better deal than 2k gold for one seal.

Personally, when I'm exalted with everyone (I'm not yet) I will continue to run missions for Pet Charms and the runes when those missions pop.
The whole mess that is the mission board and research is probably just a pet project that a single Blizz employee won't let die
10/04/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Kegsmash
What if someone told you. Pay me 5000$ right now and I’ll pay you 500$ weekly for the rest of your life. Would you do it ?

No. Because then I'd die from an "accident" the next day.

Depends on the benefits.

Azerite. Boring. Traits aren't interesting enough to bother unlocking for large amounts of available gear.

Reputation. Don't need a Dark Iron or Mag'har last month to main, therefore don't need reputation any time soon since it will be available for years.

Pet Charms. Don't pet battle, don't pet collect, useless currency.

Gold. How many thousands of times more gold can I get doing literally any other content besides War Resources WQ. Missions, and Emissary quests?

Because you're talking about gathering resources to upgrade the mission table in order to get a few more resources to use at the mission table when the mission table isn't really worth bothering with in the first place.