The only problem i have with BFA so far is the Warglaives

General Discussion
(!@#$%y Rant Warning)
Yeah that whole azerite armor debate is important or whatever, but can we please take a moment to talk about the CRIME against fashion that is the fact you cant transmog fist weapons into warglaives.
Let me start off by saying that this is my own personal opinion on fashon, and if youre one of the psychopaths who likes mismatched weapons then good on you.
But the sheer fact of the matter is that Demon Hunters were conceived in Legion, which was an expansion focused primarily on class identity, and thus as a child of this motif, Demon Hunters are synonymous with extreme class identity. One of the defining traits of a Demon Hunter other than their tats and predetor vision, is the fact they slice down ^-*!@es with giant warglaives.
But now that we move into BFA and will start looting random weapons again, this jeopardizes this identity as not all the weapons you will be looting will be warglaives. Now of course this problem is easily solved by the transmog system, no one wants to see what the random mismatch of armor theyre wearing actualy looks like, and same for weapons. So, transmog your swords and axes into warglaives, ok, problem solved.
Except
For the fact that most of the weapons DHs can loot, are fist weapons. Which not only do not at all fit the DH fighting animations or class identity, but also, cannot be transmoged to any other type of weapon. Not just the times that you have two fist weapons, you(I) will feel out of place as a demon hunter, but also, the VERY common occurence of having once fist weapon and one (Warglaive/Sword/Axe) which OH MY GOD is so ugly it makes me cry. If someone can explain to me a mechanical reason why fist weps cannot be transmoged into warglaives/swords, then ill shut right up.
But for the time being, im really sick of seeing my character with missmatched weapons, and am forced to run my two least favorite dungeons (Tol Dagor, and Freehold) in an attempt to get a high ilvl wep that can actualy look like i want it to.
Thanks for listening to my rant, I love all other parts of BFA.
They need to add wands and fist weapons into larger categories instead of having them be in their own little silos.

I don't know if you can mog the Legion artifacts over fists (you theoretically should be able to at least) but I know that you can't over wands. Which is kind of lame given the fact that wands are all over the place this expansion.
Warglaives are stupid weapons anyway.
Tangent:

Just wait until people realize the upcoming iconic night elf sentinel-style glaive weapon is demon hunter only.
Equip Fist Weapon in Offhand.

Mog Main Hand to Legion Artifact.

Now both hands have a Warglaive.

Won't necessarily translate to your armory page though. (Mine didn't up until yesterday.)

It's what I did with this character prior to getting this ax last night and works fine. It just limits your transmog options to whatever Artifact skins you have unlocked.

Basically every other weapon type you can equip you can change to any Warglaive skin you have unlocked though.
10/04/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Syngyn

Won't necessarily translate to your armory page though. (Mine didn't up until yesterday.)

It's what I did with this character prior to getting this ax last night and works fine. It just limits your transmog options to whatever Artifact skins you have unlocked.

Basically every other weapon type you can equip you can change to any Warglaive skin you have unlocked though.

And if you want to use the Warglaives of Azzinoth ... sucks to be you.

Fist of the Deity is a decent fist weapon transmog, if you don't want to use artifact appearances. Not quite a glaive, but definitely more DH than most of the other fist weapons. It drops from Moorabi in Gundrak.
Wait I swore on my DH I could mog a fist into a glaive? I didn't like the mismatching as well so while leveling I have mogged swords and axes into glaives I swore I did fist as well. And not just unto my artifact as well, tho that does change both weps into your old look.
10/04/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Melaroi
They need to add wands and fist weapons into larger categories instead of having them be in their own little silos.

I don't know if you can mog the Legion artifacts over fists (you theoretically should be able to at least) but I know that you can't over wands. Which is kind of lame given the fact that wands are all over the place this expansion.

You can transmog a main-hand fist weapon into a Artifact appearance, and it will make both weapons show the artifact warglave appearance. But, you can't use any of the BFA warglaves to transmog a fist weapon, which really sucks. So, for myself, I am always running with legion artifact warglave skins over my fist weapons. A bit annoyed I can't put the glave from MOTHER over my fist weapon though :(
10/04/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Syngyn

Yeah i know about this, im just saying so i can use the MOTHER glaive or the big green ones from the start which i love, but thanks
10/04/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Sechi
Just wait until people realize the upcoming iconic night elf sentinel-style glaive weapon is demon hunter only.
Don't remind me.
I have 4 different warglaives I have looted from BfA. 2 I cannot even use bc they are horde and DH is Alliance. I mean its not enough. We need tons more to catch up but its not like there are none.
10/04/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Jerolan
10/04/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Sechi
Don't remind me.

<demonic laughter>