Survival hunter nerfs

Hunter
Survival hunter top dps by like 10% more than the 2nd best dps for ST. They have also been extremely good for a long time now in both PvE and PvP.

Normally I would say buff other specs to their level, but they are an outlier and have too much damage.

In PvP their toolkit is also absurd...please look into this.
buff bm hunter to survival hunter damage level and I wont care how good survival hunter is xD
Says the Rogue. GTFO
First SV is not better than other DPS, second in reality it's not better than even BM.

Not yet. I do not see blizzard killing the ranged hunter.
10/04/2018 08:07 PMPosted by Orphios
Says the Rogue. GTFO

says the lvl 100 rogue. I hate people that are too afraid to post on their main account.
Posting on my main account. Give me a SV hunter single target raid fight, same ilvl or the SV can me a few levels higher...
I will win every time!
and I do!
10/04/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Redseal
Posting on my main account. Give me a SV hunter single target raid fight, same ilvl or the SV can me a few levels higher...
I will win every time!
and I do!

Insert "1v1 me bro" comment here.

You may out DPS a raid boss if you'r not targeted, but PvP your done.
10/04/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Yeaaboiyy
Survival hunter top dps by like 10% more than the 2nd best dps for ST. They have also been extremely good for a long time now in both PvE and PvP.

Normally I would say buff other specs to their level, but they are an outlier and have too much damage.

In what, simulations? Assuming a perfect situation and perfect management of wildfire procs or whatever?

Let's look at real logs, Mythic Uldir:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

Probably 5% under the top performers which are DK, DH, Arms Warrior and TWO different rogue specs.

Heroic Uldir:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#difficulty=4

Exact same situation, but now you can add Affliction to the specs outperforming SV Hunter.

M+ At all keys:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/20#class=DPS

Actually somewhere between Shamans and Shadow Priests which is not quite "Good" but rather "lol"

M+ at +10:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/20#class=DPS&bracket=10

Somewhere between Demonology and Shadow Priests, damn, this is starting to look rough.

M+ at +12:

SV is now bottom 4, chilling in the trashcan with Unholy, MM, and Fire Mages.

Oh, I think it should be mentioned, in ALL of these statistics mentioned so far there's always two rogue specs in the top3. So my answer is simply, get gud rogue player, you're playing the broken class. If anything is getting nerfs anytime soon it's rogues.
Isn't survival getting nerfed in 8.1?

I swear I saw some aura nerfs in the patch notes
10/04/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Aylu

Can't have them topping warlocks in simulation and actual encounters. Not in sims and not in logs.
10/05/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Videre
10/04/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Aylu

Can't have them topping warlocks in simulation and actual encounters. Not in sims and not in logs.

Affliction got some heavy nerfs though. The devs favored classes are Rogue and DH, DK to some extent. Namely the edgy kid classes, it just gets you more subs if they're strong.

No.

Rogues are the broken class. If a SV hunter is beating you, you're doing something wrong.

says the rogue... Give me a break dude. Try riding a wheelchair for several expansions...

Nice b8 m8 r8 it 8/8.8

Shameful...... a Rogue requesting nerfs. As a Rogue main I can say that Survival Hunters are far from OP. I can deal with them on my Outlaw Rogue without too much difficulty.

Quit your belly aching.
If I had to guess, I would say Survival is probably about in the sweet spot. Scaling OK, staying competitive as iLvL increases, not to powerful or scaling so strongly as to be in danger of getting a huge nerf bat.

As always, that's just what us players can see. We only see whatever gets uploaded to Warcraftlogs. Blizzard can see every action by every player in every raid and dungeon (and world content for that matter); so their dataset may look different. Or it may not *shrug*. I think people tend to forget that.

lol
First of all, BM does much better in both PVE and PVP. (Get your facts straight).
And secondly, Rogues need a very big nerf in PVE, they're doing very high DPS>

If anything, survival actually needs a little boost. Disregarding the online statistics, can't really do any good dps in actual fights.
Every class someone isn't wanting to main is broken...

Been that way since the game was in Alpha.

Blizzard can't patch tunnel vision.
The survival hunter in our raid the other day was dangerously close or barely beating me in some fights. I am 10 ilvls higher than him. I check back on the sim DPS and everyone up top is now survival. It seems survival is scaling at the 370-385 ilvl range better. I am probably going to swap to it for most fights. BM will out perform on high mobility fights but any fight with a lot of adds to burst survival is going to win. And it looks like it’s going to scale more and more.
10/04/2018 08:07 PMPosted by Orphios
Says the Rogue. GTFO

No kidding lol.