Hockey is back

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
no cause my team sucks and will suck for years to come :( should rename the canucks to cannots :( probably never win the cup :( i gave up watching them years ago /cries :(
10/04/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Slimeseason
Are you guys pumped for the NHL season? The East is going to be an absolute dogfight this year. Anyone got a favorite team

Coming from Canada .

No

Hockey is is one the dumbest sports there is

This is the definition of a a Hockey Star"

Strap skates to feet
Slide around on a pond of frozen water
Bat around a piece of hardened plastic with curved stick

That's it, were not talking about people who actually contribute to society. Cops Doctors,Nurse or teachers. Just a bunch a of ice-clowns who if they had to actually take up a real profession might be able to be able to be a Barista.

Not to mention that most 'professional' hockey teams are little more than elaborate cases of corporate welfare. If you've never seen a hockey game, dont like it, think its stupid and want nothing to do with it you still are forced into supporting billionaire owners with multi-millionaire 'players' with your tax dollars

So no Hockey can go die in a fire. The quicker the better.

You do realize teams do A LOT for their community right? Hockey players are the best of all athletes especially to their fans. You see tons of heart warming stories of hockey players vs any other professional sport.

Hockey is by far the hardest to learn and play. If you can walk/run then you are already half way there with any other sport. Hockey, learning to skate well takes time not counting to even learn how to shoot a puck while moving on ice.

I can describe baseball and basketball exactly how you described hockey too:

Baseball
You play in a field of grass and throw some dirt in a path. Put people around it and throw some tiny white ball to someone while another person takes a piece of wood and tries to hit said white ball and then if you do, try and run down the dirt path to a white square in the dirt. Touch 4 different white squares and you get a point.

Basketball
Take a big orange bouncy ball and play on a wooden floor. Bounce it around and try and put it in a round hole that is in the air.
Are you guys pumped for the NHL season? The East is going to be an absolute dogfight this year. Anyone got a favorite team

Don't care about sports
Lifelong Capitals fan (season ticket holder for many years). I cannot tell you how great it felt to have finally won the SC. We were always going to have to go through the Pens to get to the SCF and to shake that monkey off the back was in some ways even more gratifying than winning the cup!

Caps are starting strong - 14 goals in 2 games. I think Ovechkin is probably going to have a phenomenal year now that all of the pressure is off. He will be a man unrestrained (if that can even be more possible.)

I hope they can repeat but we all know what a monumental task that is.
10/05/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Fythra
10/05/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Furter
GO CAPS.

That's Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals!

(God, I love saying that!)

/high five

Watching them raise the banner the other night was AWESOME!!!!!!
It's a rough time to be a Canucks fan but I'll probably keep an eye on things.
10/05/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Pfloyd
10/05/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Remela
I’m a Flyers fan. Nice 5-2 win over VGK yesterday. Was very fun to watch.

Idk how I feel about Gritty though.... he’s the stuff of nightmares. Conan O’Brien didn’t make it any better lol.

Dude, Gritty is going to be the impetus for the Urnge and Black to bring home Lord Stanley’s Cup this year. The boys haven’t won since the year I was born; I got the Birds last year, so it’s time to get the hardware back where it belongs!

I’m probably wrong, though.

Hey man I hear ya. I would love for them to go all the way. You’re probably right and this will be the year Gritty becomes the reason we win it all. That hairy monster will bring fear to all who oppose us!

On a side note I’m equally excited for the current Eagles and Sixers season. I’m hopeful for all three this year. Wentz, Embiid, Hoskins, and Giroux are the four horsemen of Philly hehe.
10/05/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Carene
Lifelong Capitals fan (season ticket holder for many years). I cannot tell you how great it felt to have finally won the SC. We were always going to have to go through the Pens to get to the SCF and to shake that monkey off the back was in some ways even more gratifying than winning the cup!

Caps are starting strong - 14 goals in 2 games. I think Ovechkin is probably going to have a phenomenal year now that all of the pressure is off. He will be a man unrestrained (if that can even be more possible.)

I hope they can repeat but we all know what a monumental task that is.

I know the feeling. As a Kings fan which they were one of the first expansion team after the NHL started, they had never won a Cup until 2012 (and then again in 2014), it was a friggin amazing feeling. I seriously thought I would never see the day.

Coming from Canada .

No

Hockey is is one the dumbest sports there is

This is the definition of a a Hockey Star"

Strap skates to feet
Slide around on a pond of frozen water
Bat around a piece of hardened plastic with curved stick

That's it, were not talking about people who actually contribute to society. Cops Doctors,Nurse or teachers. Just a bunch a of ice-clowns who if they had to actually take up a real profession might be able to be able to be a Barista.

Not to mention that most 'professional' hockey teams are little more than elaborate cases of corporate welfare. If you've never seen a hockey game, dont like it, think its stupid and want nothing to do with it you still are forced into supporting billionaire owners with multi-millionaire 'players' with your tax dollars

So no Hockey can go die in a fire. The quicker the better.

You do realize teams do A LOT for their community right? Hockey players are the best of all athletes especially to their fans. You see tons of heart warming stories of hockey players vs any other professional sport.

Hockey is by far the hardest to learn and play. If you can walk/run then you are already half way there with any other sport. Hockey, learning to skate well takes time not counting to even learn how to shoot a puck while moving on ice.

Baseball
You play in a field of grass and throw some dirt in a path. Put people around it and throw some tiny white ball to someone while another person takes a piece of wood and tries to hit said white ball and then if you do, try and run down the dirt path to a white square in the dirt. Touch 4 different white squares and you get a point.

Basketball
Take a big orange bouncy ball and play on a wooden floor. Bounce it around and try and put it in a round hole that is in the air.

You realize how cost prohibitive it is for people to play hockey? Many of the poorer areas don't know anything about it.
10/05/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Lightblinger

Baseball

Basketball

You realize how cost prohibitive it is for people to play hockey? Many of the poorer areas don't know anything about it.

Actually it depends. You can buy cheap hockey sticks (you don't need synergy ones), a puck and you can play in the street and make goals using anything you want. Might not have a net but still works. Just like with any other sport. In poorer areas they make due with what they can and have fun and are still playing the sport. Hockey doesn't only need to be played on ice. if they live in cold areas with ponds that freeze then buying used skates from local rinks is cheap. All wood sticks are cheap. They don't need full blown gear to play hockey.
Go Sharks!

/moo
10/05/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Logri
I love sportsball! I hope my squadron scores the most goalpoints! Bases are loaded! Touchdown!

Yaaayy go sports! Move the thing to the other thing!
Forza Djurgården! Ehh... wrong leauge it seems. I guess i have to go with, go...dunno? Colorado perhaps?
10/05/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Jostlen
10/05/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Logri
I love sportsball! I hope my squadron scores the most goalpoints! Bases are loaded! Touchdown!

Yaaayy go sports! Move the thing to the other thing!

Yaaay video games! Move a piece of plastic around to make pixels change on a monitor!

You can make anything sound dumb if you try.
Blackhawks! Last year was... our retooling year. Not rebuilding. We'll be back to dominate the west!
I was there when the Ducks beat the Sharks on Wednesday. 5-2 baby. They got outshot but they never gave up, loving the new young guys. I also love that they spoiled Karlsson's debut in San Jose. Ends up -2 haha. "But San Jose has 2 Norris trophy winners!" Yeah, but Burns is trash and Karlsson won't do anything. As much as I hate the Kings I hope they beat the Sharks tonight.

Will be in Anaheim when the Ducks take on the Red Wings for their home opener. Lets go Ducks!
Been a Blues fan since the late 70's. Still a Blues fan. Got to listen to the game last night (yes... I listened to a live stream of the game). Got to listen as the Blues imploded in the third period of an otherwise really good game against the Jets.

If that is going to be a recurring theme (along with the fact their power play goal potential looks as bad as last year), it's going to be yet another long season.

So fun rooting for the hockey version of the Cubs (51 years and no Cup).

Detroit Red Wings.

They'll most likely be at, or near the bottom, but hopefully they'll win the Hughes sweepstakes!
10/05/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Germies
Blackhawks! Last year was... our retooling year. Not rebuilding. We'll be back to dominate the west!

The Hawks right now are where my beloved Red Wings were 4 years ago...Borderline playoff team, and if lucky enough to make the playoffs - expect an early exit.