Garrosh's funeral

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
09/25/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Bragosh
So as I see a lot of you think that garrosh doesn't deserve even a simple funeral. I understand that many people hate him, some for legit reasons others for less so, but when does a man whom fought for his people deserve to be left rotting in a field. Garrosh let his ambition get the better of him but he truly did want what was best for the horde. He tried to cut the others out due to the fact that he thought he could not trust any of them, which was not unfounded. Crain challenged him almost right after thrall left and voljin threatened him to watch his back and he made the CHOICH to move his people out of org

If you were on an RP realm, you could just have some funeral event in AU Nagrand, I guess. There are still a number of Kor'kron loyalist guilds on my realm, for instance. You could wax poetic and go on and on about how Thrall cheated and how unfair it all was.
09/25/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Sianven
You could wax poetic and go on and on about how Thrall cheated and how unfair it all was.

I do this in my diary every night.
Saurfang looses my respect because he took the blood and killed innocent people. He followed orders and has no honor. Sure he regrets his actions thats part of his backstory.

But being sorry doesnt bring back the dead or change the past. If he had even a spec of honor he should have ended himself after he was no longer high on demon blood.

Durotan didnt kill innocents or drink the blood. He was actually smart enough to see the problem. But he ultimately did nothing to stop the orcs either. He has no honor in my book for being a silent onserver.

Even after he got ogrim to side with him and got killed for it. Ogrim took down guldan and the shadow council. But then took guldans bribe for power. He kept the war going and slaughtered even more people. He failed to be honorable.

The list of orcs just goes on and on.

I can respect broxigar for fighting noblely with the elves to stop the legion. Despite the elves treating him badly. He stood against endless demons and bought the elves time. He even injured sargeras. He fought to the bitter end in the defense of azeroth. Thats why he is the only orc which deserves my respect.

When he was shot back in time he didnt just go back to trying to be genocidal.
09/25/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Azshune
09/25/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Kenshimoo

I think you mean "Fight for the Orc's survival and honor".

He didn't care about the rest of us.

What about Saurfang? He's good.

Saurfang is a coward and a hypocrite if he was serious about living by honor and the sword, he would have challenged sylvanas there, in darkshore, with the whole horde army watching, if he loses, he dies with his honor intact, if he wins, he takes the horde on an honorable path, he doesnt deserve respect.

the other orc who deserves respect is Drek'thar, other than brox. he's the only one that is serious about atoning for his past, a shaman turned warlock who turned back to the elements in utmost penance and regret, enough that the elements wanted him back, he fights justly with the stormpike dwarves and knows who the good guys are and who the bad guys are, he doesnt play the victim (muh human racism and bigotry), if i were anduin id try to convince vanndar to leave the frostwolves alone.

Do you honestly believe that that dishonable cur of a corpse would have accepted Varroks challenge to begin with. And if she had do honestly believe she would have not cheated? No slyvanas would have never accepted his challenge nor would have her pets not have intervied with it. She has no honor so why would he challeng her to a honor duel? Also what of Bain? He questioned slyvanas and all she had to say about leaving Varrok to die was so what
09/25/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Kakurine
Saurfang looses my respect because he took the blood and killed innocent people. He followed orders and has no honor. Sure he regrets his actions thats part of his backstory.

But being sorry doesnt bring back the dead or change the past. If he had even a spec of honor he should have ended himself after he was no longer high on demon blood.

Durotan didnt kill innocents or drink the blood. He was actually smart enough to see the problem. But he ultimately did nothing to stop the orcs either. He has no honor in my book for being a silent onserver.

Even after he got ogrim to side with him and got killed for it. Ogrim took down guldan and the shadow council. But then took guldans bribe for power. He kept the war going and slaughtered even more people. He failed to be honorable.

The list of orcs just goes on and on.

I can respect broxigar for fighting noblely with the elves to stop the legion. Despite the elves treating him badly. He stood against endless demons and bought the elves time. He even injured sargeras. He fought to the bitter end in the defense of azeroth. Thats why he is the only orc which deserves my respect.

When he was shot back in time he didnt just go back to trying to be genocidal.

So he should just go back on everything that orcs stand for and commit suicide? What honor is in that? None. Oh and the whole elf thing, they did everything to themsleves. They are nothing but egomaniacs whom until close to they extinction that being all high and mighty wasn't going their way. Orcs where able to fight all the races of the would almost single handed. Saurfang is reapected on both sides and that speaka volume s of his charater
The second the orcs took guldans offer they threw away thier honor forever.

If the orcs had refused guldan and not invaded azeroth twice. Many events would have not occurred.

No arthas, no lich king, no fall of lorderon, no au dreanor, etc.

Saurfang can never get his honor back ever no matter what he does or how sorry he is.

As it stands the orcs only stand for corruption and war. Even the au orcs after refusing guldan still decided attempting planetary genocide would be thier path.

Only orc to do something brave and selfless enough to earn back thier honor was broxigar. At least in my book.

The highborne or more specifically azshara is the reason why the first sundering happened. Yes they are egotistical !@#$%^-s. But not all elves made the deal with the legion. Azshara made a deal and dragged everyone else along for the ride.

Once the other elves realized she betrayed them and azeroth they fought back.

With the exception of very specific orcs. The orcs took guldans offer without hesitation. Saurfang being one that took the blood without a second thought.
09/25/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Kakurine
The second the orcs took guldans offer they threw away thier honor forever.

If the orcs had refused guldan and not invaded azeroth twice. Many events would have not occurred.

No arthas, no lich king, no fall of lorderon, no au dreanor, etc.

Saurfang can never get his honor back ever no matter what he does or how sorry he is.

As it stands the orcs only stand for corruption and war. Even the au orcs after refusing guldan still decided attempting planetary genocide would be thier path.

Only orc to do something brave and selfless enough to earn back thier honor was broxigar. At least in my book.

The highborne or more specifically azshara is the reason why the first sundering happened. Yes they are egotistical !@#$%^-s. But not all elves made the deal with the legion. Azshara made a deal and dragged everyone else along for the ride.

Once the other elves realized she betrayed them and azeroth they fought back.

With the exception of very specific orcs. The orcs took guldans offer without hesitation. Saurfang being one that took the blood without a second thought.

If we are going to be technical the space goats started everything. The orcs were not the same before they came. A tribal system where they honored the elememts and fought sometimes bewteen each other. That all changed when they crashed that damn Crystal onto our planet and drew the eyes of the demons apons us. Nuzul was trick but them appearing as his deceased wife saying that the goats only brought death to the orcs. Wanting to save themselvea they saught to end thir enemies before that could happen. Strangely for once the demons spoke true, the goats did bring death to the orcs and the whole planet
The dreanei where generally peaceful to the orcs. Hell grom and durotan where saved by the dreanei in thier childhood.

Should the dreanei have warned the orcs that the legion was after them? Yes, but the orcs where dum enough to be tricked instead of just asking the dreanei. And they still willing took power when offered.

Hell before the dreanei orcs dodnt even know what a planet was. Nor did they even name thier world.

The dreanei and orcs where peaceful for many years. They should have questioned the lies instead of blindly following.

Face it the orcs are generally one of the least honorable peoples in wow lore. Thier actions in the grand scheme have brought alot of problems. More so then many of the other races.

The race which best fits the idea of a noble savage would be the tauren.
Fight for the orcs survival and to win

fixed it for you.
Garrosh got exactly the end he deserved. Left to rot in Nagrand as a monument to orcish stupidity.
Garrosh didn't get the WRITING he deserved. Cata Garrosh was an interesting, three-dimensional and complex character who actually felt like the natural step of progression from his Wrath self.
09/25/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Bragosh
Now I know I am going to get alot of hate for this but nevermind that. I believe that garrosh did not get the he deserved. Garrosh did many bad things but he always had one goal in mind, Fight for the hordes survival and honor. I know the old gods played with his mind and turned him insane, which was a bad way of writing such a badass orc out of the lore. Thrall cheated in his fight with garroah, robbing him of his honable warrior death. I believe strongly that he deserves a funeral befitting a warcheif, at least by the orcs if no one else

Oh yes, he was really fighting FOR THE HORDE when he created the Iron Horde specifically to kill it and the Alliance off in a vengeance-consumed rage.

So obviously, since Garrosh didn't try to kill his own people... they should honor him with a funeral. Except he did. So why, exactly, should any member of the Horde give him a funeral?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. If those good intentions led you to hell, then you shouldn't be honored.
I will always mourn turning on my warchief. despite what people say all he did was to carve out a place on this world for a strong horde. what we did was treason and we have let the alliance choose our leaders for too long.
09/25/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Conorn
Garrosh didn't get the WRITING he deserved. Cata Garrosh was an interesting, three-dimensional and complex character who actually felt like the natural step of progression from his Wrath self.

Garrosh got the writing he deserved because Garrosh's story wasn't about Garrosh, it was about orcs.

The story Garrosh was meant to tell was of orcs seeing the old ways revived and rejecting them without Thrall to walk them through it. It was to show that they really had changed as a people, and where not the monsters they had been. Garrosh was just the tool used to revive the old ways so they could be rejected.
09/25/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Conorn

Cata Garrosh was suddenly a competent leader when we'd just spent an entire xpac being told by everyone that Saurfang was literally the only reason the Horde expedition to Northrend didn't crash and burn day one. I'd hardly call that a natural step.
Garrosh did many bad things but he always had one goal in mind, Fight for the hordes survival and honor.

umm... no?

He was an Orc supremacist. He cared nothing for the Horde. He wanted Orcs to come out on top.

Even Sylvannas actually cares about the Horde as a whole.

09/25/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Bragosh
I believe strongly that he deserves a funeral befitting a warcheif, at least by the orcs if no one else

do you honestly believe ANY member of the Horde would give him the honor after he betrayed them all? Specifically no troll would after he tried have Vol'jin killed.

Cows likely hated him quietly cause of Caine's issue. (yesn ot his fault but still was the reason)
me and all my four orcs respond in unison : !@#$ NO!

you asked why we were hated.....that guy didnt helped.