Garrosh's funeral

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
09/25/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Shaftogar
09/25/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Conorn
Garrosh didn't get the WRITING he deserved. Cata Garrosh was an interesting, three-dimensional and complex character who actually felt like the natural step of progression from his Wrath self.

Cata Garrosh was suddenly a competent leader when we'd just spent an entire xpac being told by everyone that Saurfang was literally the only reason the Horde expedition to Northrend didn't crash and burn day one. I'd hardly call that a natural step.

Remember all that time he spent with Saurfang?
He was no warchief of mine:

I put his honor into question when ensalved Magnataurs and let the small ones to died after their parents fufilled their end of the deal with their lives.

I put into question his care for the horde when he rejected most the non-orc parts:

he sent forsaken to war without back up and tried to forbid them the use tactics that would allow them to reduce cost for the forsaken. He supposedly denounces Sylvannas and the forsaken yet doesnt have any problem on letting them lose over gilneas (especially if they die in the process)

He wanted to used the flesh rituals of the mogu to create Saurok (so creating life is good but reviving the death is bad, got it) and tried to get Vol'jin assasinated.

He puted the Echo islands under Martial law after the atempt on vol'jin. Let me get this straight we value freedom above all else yet we put imprison trols on their own homes?

He used blood elves as fodder during his search for the divine bell.

He brought war to pandaria, a land that had nothing to do with us, just because some alliance ships washed up there. War that caused untold disaster for the pandarians.

He search for and used the divine bell, watched one his own loyal men falter to its corruption and yet still decided to push foward to point of unleashing the hearth of an old god.

he turned blind eye over Malkaroks actions over those who speaked ill of the all glorious warchief hellscream

He allowed the used of dark shamans who ENSLAVE the elements. Thats the bigest dump on our history and traditions since the demon blood.

He revive the power of an old god and not even regrets it during his trail.

oh, i almost forgot that his all so powerful, honorable and pure horde had Ji Firepawn tortured to get information on either pandaria or the turtle. Im actually surprised that we still have any pandarean after this.

After failing to kill us all the first time, he time travels to give it another go. He uses deception to create the iron horde (he stoped grommash from seing Thralls horde and the sacrifice of OG Hellscream) to invade azeroth

THIS is why i hate garrosh with every cell of my body and im happy that his roting without any ceremony, whats more i would personally kill any orc attempting to pay any sort of funeral to that disgraceful piece of trash.

It has nothing to do with Theramore, the manabomb, or the fact that he started a war. Im not some blood elve or some forsaken sylvannas fanboy (the default response to hate for any orc character). Im someone who loves orcs, has 4 orcs and rushed the freaking honorbound rep to have the mag'har.
09/25/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Conorn
09/25/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Shaftogar
Cata Garrosh was suddenly a competent leader when we'd just spent an entire xpac being told by everyone that Saurfang was literally the only reason the Horde expedition to Northrend didn't crash and burn day one. I'd hardly call that a natural step.

The time he spent making impulsive, short sighted decisions that Saurfang fixed behind his back to avoid a temper tantrum? Yes. Yes I do.
Yeah no, Garrosh is the reason we had to deal with WoD. He deserves nothing.
I took some awesome selfies with him in his final resting place. His face is priceless in those.

I do wish that he'd been killed by either Jaina or Vol'jin though. I get why Thrall did it, but I think it would have been much more satisfying for one of them to do it, since they'd both directly suffered from Garrosh's BS.
09/25/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Shaftogar
09/25/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Conorn

The time he spent making impulsive, short sighted decisions that Saurfang fixed behind his back to avoid a temper tantrum? Yes. Yes I do.

Do you also remember when Cairne threw a temper tantrum because he didn't like Garrosh and further alienated the reasonable leadership of the Horde?
09/25/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Aelora
The Elements should have recoiled from him, and left him powerless as a shaman

They did.

And it's not a cop out. He manned up to his mistakes and righted his wrong. What did you want a long winded apology letter and ritual suicide?

!@#$ that. He hunted down and killed the man he placed his misguided trust in.
Jaina was right. It was all Thrall's fault.
Garosh is not dead.

His spirit wanders the astral plane in search of meaning, wisdom and harmony, while his body rests in suspended animation in Nagrand.

He will be back with Gorehowl in one hand and Doomhammer in the other.

So no funeral, just yet.
He was such good guy in wrath ug..
Garrosh deserved a better end than he got. I dunno about a proper funeral or gravesite or anything.

I mean Saurfang thought he wasn't beyond redemption and even the Trial might not have gone down with him being held totally accountable. But after WoD.. yeah. I mean I guess WoD wasn't nearly as bad as the other stuff he did but yeah.
ALL I DID....

I DID, FOR THE HORDE!!
09/25/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Kalorea
Hltler didn't get a funeral. Not even among his colleagues among the f u h r e rbunker in the last remaining days of the war. They even doused his body with gasoline and lit it on fire so the soviets couldn't degrade him post death. They didn't even give a eulogy.

Yes I godwinned this thread. Garrosh is hltler though.

Yup, this certainly didn't take long before Godwin's Law kicked right in! LOL
Thrall thrust this power onto him. Garrosh panicked cause now he has all these people to take care of. Then he spent a lot of time in pandaria having his mind effected. Wrynn and Jaina didn't spend much time there so the sha didn't take notice of them much.
A good point that everyone forgets about Garrosh when defendind him is: why he need to go back to Azeroth?

When he returned to AU Draenor, he could live there in peace. Nobody was seraching him (at the time) to control his fate. But no, he wanted revenge, and so he opened the portal to our world.

He asked to die. And no, the sha did not influence him in nothing.
What he did was wrong but you can't deny the Sha had some sway over him being full of all those emotions. No one was immune.
Everyone was !@#$ting on him when he was the Warchief. Everyone loved Sylvanas.

Everyone now is %^-*ting on Sylvanas. And apparently reminiscing on Garrosh?

Make up your mind, guys. You're confusing me.
09/26/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Koltira
Everyone was !@#$ting on him when he was the Warchief. Everyone loved Sylvanas.

Everyone now is %^-*ting on Sylvanas. And apparently reminiscing on Garrosh?

Make up your mind, guys. You're confusing me.

the problem is you using "everyone" when you mean "the most vocal part"

I bet that the people alied with the whole "garrosh did nothing wrong" still loved him during MoP and WoD. And a good part of those who loved sylvannas back then still do.