$50 paywall to play a demo of 2004 Vanilla WoW

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
They are really reaching this year, it's pretty pathetic imo

Edit:
Proof in the pudding
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8025-Bring-Home-the-BlizzCon-WoW-Classic-Demo-With-the-Virtual-Ticket

Update:
All of these folks, "$50 isn't just for a demo only"
Please try to understand this concept of Paywall

Classic Demo WalllllllllWall Insert $50 dollars
Also you know, the virtual ticket thing.
09/26/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Snowfox

Yeah. It's not like people get to watch all the Blizzcon panels or anything.
What are you referring to? Has there been some news about Classic WoW release?
In the past you had to pay hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to go to Blizzcon to play previous demos.

Now you can do it for $50. I don't see the issue here.
paywall lmao jesus
So you have to pick between everything the VTicket gets you OR just the demo?

This sounds like a real dumb idea, almost as if OP is just trying to spin something to fit their narrative!!
09/26/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Menard

Watch panels that end up on YouTube or mmo-champion 30 minutes after reveal
In 2014 I attended Blizzcon. I can't believe all the money I paid just for access to those food trucks.
lol and more QQ and complaining, congratz OP you're a trend setter
09/26/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Grimwhiskers
What are you referring to? Has there been some news about Classic WoW release?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8025-Bring-Home-the-BlizzCon-WoW-Classic-Demo-With-the-Virtual-Ticket
It almost like they could've maybe gave access to people who have had their account since Vanilla? You know...because that's who it's being marketed to...Another shameless cash grab. I hate the direction this company is going.
It's like it's something intended to be exclusive for attendees and allowed to reach those who cannot travel/afford to travel to the event

or something
They should make this game free, only way to keep it alive before it dies.
09/26/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Menard

lol. Paying money to watch panels. Blizzard really does think they're super special. Guess as long as people are paying they've got no reason to stop.
50 dollars is for the virtual ticket. Its 10 more than last year, which I was originally not satisfied with, assuming they couldn't possible include anything extra for that 10 dollars.

But, I was wrong! This is a very generous offer, especially keeping the servers up for a weekish.

More so, it makes me wonder what other Blizzard titles might offer, as well, right?
Its not just WoW that will have new stuff on the show flow. Maybe it is though, idk.
Wait, so a company whose essential purpose is to make money is making people mad for trying to make money?

It's like you want them to give you content for free or something.
We've done it, g-d. Paywall now has less meaning than toxic.
09/26/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Metrohaha
50 dollars is for the virtual ticket. Its 10 more than last year, which I was originally not satisfied with, assuming they couldn't possible include anything extra for that 10 dollars.

But, I was wrong! This is a very generous offer, especially keeping the servers up for a weekish.

More so, it makes me wonder what other Blizzard titles might offer, as well, right?
Its not just WoW that will have new stuff on the show flow. Maybe it is though, idk.

Less propaganda plz
Wrong place for this.