$50 paywall to play a demo of 2004 Vanilla WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
09/26/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Thera
09/26/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Altaïr
I mean look, I've been !@#$ting on this game for like the past month but, c'mon dawg this is a reach. The $50 isn't just the vanilla demo you're getting other things. It's like that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry's Father thought the Wizard was just a tip calculator.

"IT DOES OTHER THINGS!"

If I use it only to calculate tip, it is a TIP calculator. For people who don't care about anything other than WOW, other virtual ticket goodies are pointless and useless.

This doesn't make any sense. So if I go into the Apple Store and want a Macbook but tell them I'm only going to use this to surf the internet and should be able to pay the price of a Chromebook for it, they should just be like:

"Oh ok, since you're not going to use all it's features, we'll price it at just what you're going to use it for!"
09/26/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Mchunterd
They are really reaching this year, it's pretty pathetic imo

Edit:
Proof in the pudding
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8025-Bring-Home-the-BlizzCon-WoW-Classic-Demo-With-the-Virtual-Ticket

Don't like
Don't buy
$50.00 for the virtual ticket and you get a cloak and banner. NO mount, no pet. Shameful.
09/26/2018 02:23 PMPosted by PlayerLZXVNT
It almost like they could've maybe gave access to people who have had their account since Vanilla? You know...because that's who it's being marketed to...

I don't think that's who it's being marketed to. Many of us who have had our accounts since vanilla played that already and aren't chomping on the bit to go back. The real people they want to market it to are those who heard about it and want to experience it for themselves.
09/26/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Menard
09/26/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Snowfox
Also you know, the virtual ticket thing.

Yeah. It's not like people get to watch all the Blizzcon panels or anything.

The ones that are all over the internet as soon as they are released? No need for a ticket for that.
So much mental gymnastics to say "Stop liking what i don't like!". Which was the second thing ever posted to the internet, after !@#$.
I had to pay 200 bucks to eat a hot dog at an NHL game last year. That's why I went, to eat that hot dog. Didn't get anything else out of it.
These same people would whine if the VT didn't have the demo about how people at Blizzcon get a demo and the paying customers of the VT don't get it.

And if nobody got a demo they'd whine about it's taking so long to work on it.

From my experience the "vanilla" crowd seem to be the whiniest, most entitled-feeling people in the WoW community. They're like if genwunners and Melee fanboys had an MMO baby.
09/26/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Menard
09/26/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Snowfox
Also you know, the virtual ticket thing.

Yeah. It's not like people get to watch all the Blizzcon panels or anything.

Last I checked you don't pay to watch E3 and it has far more content than "blizzcon".
09/26/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Metrohaha
50 dollars is for the virtual ticket. Its 10 more than last year, which I was originally not satisfied with, assuming they couldn't possible include anything extra for that 10 dollars.

But, I was wrong! This is a very generous offer, especially keeping the servers up for a weekish.

More so, it makes me wonder what other Blizzard titles might offer, as well, right?
Its not just WoW that will have new stuff on the show flow. Maybe it is though, idk.

...I white knight for Blizzard frequently and even I see this as nothing even remotely close to a generous offer at all. These rewards are terrible. I'm not wasting my money. You realize not all of us have any interest in Classic... right? I think that assumption is what got us this terrible reward this year. Shaking my head.
09/26/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Laurethelas
I had to pay 200 bucks to eat a hot dog at an NHL game last year. That's why I went, to eat that hot dog. Didn't get anything else out of it.

I cannot even get a good seat for $200, be happy a hot dog was included in that price. ;)

Edit:
Proof in the pudding
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8025-Bring-Home-the-BlizzCon-WoW-Classic-Demo-With-the-Virtual-Ticket
Don't buy it?

/Thread
09/26/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Avanah

Edit:
Proof in the pudding
Don't buy it?

/Thread

Or possibly point out why we're having issues rather than 'not buying it'...? Because, according to the like/dislike ratio on the video for the reveal, many people don't like it? And perhaps the feedback will help Blizzard understand?
All the people outraged for a free mount if you commit to 6 months of game time but love the idea of giving them 50 for a DEMO

imagine
I'm not one to defend Blizzard but c'mon, it's not like the people who bought the ticket and got this as a bonus are going to have any advantage, they'll just see a demo a little earlier, in the end everyone who are interested in the classic servers will simply be able to play at launch and the short demo won't make a difference.
Anyone ever pick up at blizzcon
i look at it as a bonus for buying the ticket not a paywall to get into the Demo.
09/26/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Kenshimoo
You know, they could give you nothing but access to blizzcon with the ticket. Not sure why people think any of these extras are worth complaining about, they are extras, you should be happy you're getting any of them at all.
But then you would be paying for stuff free on youtube and any fansite.