$50 paywall to play a demo of 2004 Vanilla WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 26 Next
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

The price raise was unnecessary IMO even if I won't partake, it just seems a little greedy. But 50$ is no paywall for a demo. If you are paying only to go play a demo than you need to reassess your own life.
I'm sorry I have to just say this to those it applies to in here. Do you people have downs? You do understand the virtual ticket was already out prior to anything announced with classic. It is not made to sell more tickets even if it may. There are other items that are being announced for every blizzard game. If you played vanilla as so many of you tend to preach and dont !@#$ about then why do you feel the need to demo it in the first place? This was just a nice added bonus to something that many already had purchased. The Sombra Demon Hunter skin alone was real nice to have. So please enough already with cash grab comments and all that stuff. You dont have to steal mommy and daddys credit card to buy the ticket
09/26/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Truckerjim
So please don't give us this "woe is me I'm not going to see everything Blizzcon" attitude, I think people who purchased the Virtual Ticket thinking that they'd get an exclusive pet or mount are well within their rights to feel miffed at Blizzard.
For the first part, there was no woe in my post.

I specifically addressed the OP's theory on a $50 paywall for Classic, when it's not $50 to play Classic; it's to see all of Blizzcon with Classic as an perk/incentive. In other words, the same nonsense that was also seen in the "$70 dollars for a mount?????" last week.

Secondly, addressing how Bliz is "really reaching" by giving Classic access to VT holders, when Bliz is getting more out of all the physical attendees, who also will have access to Classic all the same.

As for the rest of the sentence, I wasn't talking about the in-game incentives/perks or whether they're good or bad, or what people believe they should be getting. And from what the OP provided, neither were they. Besides, the VTs are available all the way up to Blizzcon and even afterwards. Unlike the physical ticket, people can wait to purchase until the in-game perks are announced to find out if the price it worth it (if that is the driving force behind buying the VT).
Or you could wait till goes live (or maybe hits PTR).
09/26/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Reesespieces
Shut up, Metro.

Sorry to derail the thread here, but I'm not sure how or why this suddenly became acceptable in anyone's minds. If you harass anyone, regardless of the color of their text, you will no longer be welcome on these forums.

Carry on folks. <3
Shut up, Metro.

Sorry to derail the thread here, but I'm not sure how or why this suddenly became acceptable in anyone's minds. If you harass anyone, regardless of the color of their text, you will no longer be welcome on these forums.

Carry on folks. <3

But what if they're alliance? They need to be reminded that they are inferior to the might of the Horde and the power of arcwine.

Also Queen Azshara said all non-elves are inferior. They must be purged.
$50 is better than the hundreds if not thousands of dollars you'd have to pay to actually go to Blizzcon. Get over yourself.
09/27/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Ythisens

Carry on folks. <3
You see this behavior alot though on the forums, mainly from horde toons but still. That type of behavior isn't abnormal, it's been a thing for a year + now. Maybe you missed the large amount of them in various threads, which is understandable since there is alot of threads in GD to dig through. But still, yeah, that's not really abnormal behavior as of late, it's kinda the norm to see especially if it's from a horde player.
09/26/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Mchunterd
09/26/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Menard

Yeah. It's not like people get to watch all the Blizzcon panels or anything.

Watch panels that end up on YouTube or mmo-champion 30 minutes after reveal
Just because it is possible to watch pirated content does not mean Blizzard is charging $50 for the demo.
Sorry I'm not interested in classic. I've already played it. I'd rather have a pet and/or mount.

Carry on folks. <3
You see this behavior alot though on the forums, mainly from horde toons but still. That type of behavior isn't abnormal, it's been a thing for a year + now. Maybe you missed the large amount of them in various threads, which is understandable since there is alot of threads in GD to dig through. But still, yeah, that's not really abnormal behavior as of late, it's kinda the norm to see especially if it's from a horde player.

*Pulls marshmellow off of the Teldrassil fire.*

"What are you saying now?"
09/26/2018 02:23 PMPosted by PlayerLZXVNT
It almost like they could've maybe gave access to people who have had their account since Vanilla? You know...because that's who it's being marketed to..
Is it? There are plenty of people in that group who wouldn't bother and plenty who have only heard the legends and want to see for themselves.
09/26/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Secure
lol. Paying money to watch panels. Blizzard really does think they're super special. Guess as long as people are paying they've got no reason to stop.
Pretty common practice to charge for attending hobby and trade conventions.
Here it is.

After years and years of classic zealots screaming that they would throw money at Blizzard left and right for their own version of the game now that there's an actual price tag the complaining has already started.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
09/27/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Barthandelus
yeah harassment is bad but maybe respond to the actual issue the thread is instead of white knighting green posters

What's left to discuss? The thread is about "$50 for a demo." That assertion is objectively false. Lol.
Shut up, Metro.

Carry on folks. <3

I'm quite toxic myself, would never deny it. But I feel telling an individual off in front of hundreds of people is far more toxic than a simple "Shut up".

You speak from a position of authority, don't call specific individual's out.
Shut up, Metro.

Carry on folks. <3

I wish this were true. I constantly report posts calling myself and other people all sorts of insulting things and hardly any of them are removed.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769108909#post-15

I'd rather be told to shut up, than be called a dimwit.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Carry on folks. <3

yeah harassment is bad but maybe respond to the actual issue the thread is instead of white knighting green posters

There are no issues. $50 is for the Blizzcon streams and any in game stuff that comes with it.

The demo is a bonus, much like how Blizzcon attendees have been able to try out expansions and such on the floor for years. This time it's coming to the virtual ticket, too.

Harassment is significantly worse than the "issues" people keep trying to invent.

If you don't like the bonus for the ticket, in terms of the demo, don't buy it. If you're unhappy there's no new pet (mounts have happened twice in all of the blizzcons, so let's not go there), don't buy it. If you're not actually interested in seeing the live streams and panels in real time, don't buy it.

Harassing people, no matter how much you do not like them, is completely unacceptable behavior and is a genuine community issue that deserves a response. You not finding value in a completely optional purchase is not on the same level.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Carry on folks. <3

I'm quite toxic myself, would never deny it. But I feel telling an individual off in front of hundreds of people is far more toxic than a simple "Shut up".

You speak from a position of authority, don't call specific individual's out.

The practice of calling someone out, even from authority, serves the purpose of showing that authority is not going to tolerate said behavior.

If it feels 'bad' to be called out in front of your peers, perhaps you should consider not engaging in that behavior again. It wouldn't be a very effective method of dissuading people from doing it if it was enjoyable.

Much like in High School, being called out sucks, but it also discourages you from doing it again. It's not 'toxic' to tell someone they've done wrong in public. If you did wrong in public, you deserve to be told as such, in public so that the people you wronged can also see that it's not tolerated.

If he was rude, aggressive, or otherwise unkind to that person, it could be an issue. However, he didn't get aggressive, or mean, or anything else.

If someone was innocent, or genuinely didn't know what they did was wrong, it's reasonable to pull them aside. At the same time, if someone knew full well what they were doing, in public view, was wrong, they have no defense for why they should be given a quiet reprimand.