$50 paywall to play a demo of 2004 Vanilla WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
OH well I am actually excited to see that Classic is going to be on demo that soon. Wished I was home that week but alas I will be out on vacation. For those that do get to play I hope you have fun. :)
09/26/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Altaïr
I mean look, I've been !@#$ting on this game for like the past month but, c'mon dawg this is a reach. The $50 isn't just the vanilla demo you're getting other things. It's like that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry's Father thought the Wizard was just a tip calculator.

"IT DOES OTHER THINGS!"

If I use it only to calculate tip, it is a TIP calculator. For people who don't care about anything other than WOW, other virtual ticket goodies are pointless and useless.
You know, they could give you nothing but access to blizzcon with the ticket. Not sure why people think any of these extras are worth complaining about, they are extras, you should be happy you're getting any of them at all.
why are people so stupid and complaining about the price of something with real money?

Stop being bad at the game and farm gold if you really want something on the blizzard store.

Imagine using words like "incessant" because you hear them on TV.
Doesn't mean what you think it means bro. The person used 2 words, hardly classifies as "incessant".

I know perfectly well what the word "incessant" means. This isn't the person's first whine. Go take a look at the Battleground forums. If you look, you'll see what I mean.

But cool that you were so eager to defend.

Don't think you know what "whine" means either tbh.
Calling someone a boot licker is def rude, but whining? Hardly.
09/26/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Sunday
I, for one, am grateful that all the Classic zealots are finally being charged money for their nonsense

lol. It's not an incentive, they're throwing some a bone. I fully expected some Classic announcement at Blizzcon. This is better. I'm satisfied and wont be buying a ticket. Not sure what bee's in your bonnet. Maybe you were unwise enough to post in That Forum. I'm not interested in talk, I want to play- and I'll wait.

Be prejudiced against all of us who liked the old game better, whatever. I've never done anything to you, so I'm good. It's all you.

: )
09/26/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Mordecaí
why are people so stupid and complaining about the price of something with real money?

Stop being bad at the game and farm gold if you really want something on the blizzard store.

>.>

Do most people have time only to farm gold?
There is no mount this year because they used it to get people to buy game time instead. Fairly obvious when you think about it.
I would never pay $50 to watch a company's advertisements for their products. If anything, they should pay me $50 to watch them.
09/26/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Nightstrike
09/26/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Yukiel
...There is none, but theres plenty of evidence that wow is doing better than it has since 2014.

people are just dumb

If this was true, Blizzard wouldn't be hiding their sub numbers but don't let that get in the way of your shilling.

They stopped reporting sub numbers during WoW's worst expansion (WoD). Did you actually expect them to start reporting sub numbers again when things were good? Did you expect Blizzard to report sub numbers when there were many subscriptions and then stop reporting during lows? Do you not see the issues with that? Once you stop reporting sub numbers there's really no going back, or people will easily see the pattern...
09/26/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Mchunterd
They are really reaching this year, it's pretty pathetic imo

Edit:
Proof in the pudding
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8025-Bring-Home-the-BlizzCon-WoW-Classic-Demo-With-the-Virtual-Ticket

Wow you people are really stretching arent you.
I can guarantee there will probably little fun and excitement waiting on the Classic demo. Probably enough for most to go "neat" and that's it. I doubt you'll be able to go many places or do very much.
So far, I'm up to $900 for hotel and airfair. I still have all the expenditures once I'm there.

And I won't even be able to see all panels I want, unlike a virtual ticket... and the line for the Classic demo, unlike a virtual ticket.

Laughable, ridiculous theory, Mchunterd
09/26/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Carhagen
09/26/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Mistcat
It's a demo of a 13-year-old game that hasn't been changed and which you've probably already played. Oh and it's only for a few days.

I'm aware of what it is, and personally I have no interest in it, because I played vanilla and I prefer the current game over it immensely. My point however, stands.

Blizzcon demos have never been available to virtual ticket holders in the past. We have had to wait until the open betas or PTRs to test the content that Blizzard announces at Blizzcon, usually months after the event. This time? You get access to the classic demo. That's a big deal, and while you might not be interested, and I might not be interested, there are potentially tens of thousands of people who are interested and this is something they've been waiting to get their hands on for a long time.

Buy it or don't buy it, regardless, stop complaining about it.

Hey dude, thanks for your empathy towards people excited for it :)
So far Im up to $900 for hotels and airfair. I still have all the expenditures once I'm there.

And I won't even be able to see all panels I want... and the line for the Classic demo.

If you're actually going to Blizzcon the virtual goodies will be always be sprinkles (unless you went to the early Blizzcons and got Murky or the other exceedingly rare items). That being said for us who lack the funds or time to travel across a continent and were only able to afford the virtual ticket from WoW Token transfers.

So please don't give us this "woe is me I'm not going to see everything Blizzcon" attitude, I think people who purchased the Virtual Ticket thinking that they'd get an exclusive pet or mount are well within their rights to feel miffed at Blizzard.
Lets be honest here, you can sincerely experience both blizzcon, even at a later time, and classic wow without paying blizzard a single cent. It's not that hard for someone who can use google to figure out the channels to get into this content.

The only content that people would actually go for would be the ingame items. so essentially you're paying 50 bucks for an ingame cloak with your factions icon. Wow what a steal! Im genuinely disappointed because I actually considering purchasing the ticket.
09/26/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Mchunterd
They are really reaching this year, it's pretty pathetic imo

Edit:
Proof in the pudding
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8025-Bring-Home-the-BlizzCon-WoW-Classic-Demo-With-the-Virtual-Ticket

Is threre some compromise where we can just get the demo and none of the HOTS crap?
09/26/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Levíathan
So far, I'm up to $900 for hotel and airfair. I still have all the expenditures once I'm there.

And I won't even be able to see all panels I want, unlike a virtual ticket... and the line for the Classic demo, unlike a virtual ticket.

Reading this in *Evil Villain* voice