MoP Class Design 2

General Discussion
Link to the original thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20768907172?page=1

Out of concern that this thread might fall into obscurity as it's reached the page cap, I'd like to keep the discussion/petition going so that it can be properly addressed. The points made in the original thread are excellent and I really hope we get a response from Blizzard regarding the topic.
I do wish Blizzard would take a hard look at their own decision to discard what works and waste dev time on remaking what was well-liked by players. I think that arrogant tendency to think you know better than the team that came before is largely responsible for the downfall of the game.

I mean, honestly, it reminds me of how a male dog pees where the last male dog peed to erase the last dogs smell with his own.
I was talking about this earlier, every class was multiple times better during MoP I would do anything to beable to play MoP classes in BFA and it’s simple to do really.

The way they recreate MoP in BFA would simply to be add back 5-10 more abilities to each class.
Some people like having 2 full bars of rotational abilities some don’t

It’s called opinion
I loved MOP class design. Yes there were some issues but nothing like right now. I tanked, Healed and DPS'ed. Every class felt fun and playable, I do not think I ever had so many classes raiding at one time then I did back in MOP. Every class now feels clunky or ability starved. Maybe since they are making a Classic server they will make a MOP server...

In all seriousness though. I think reinstating Mop 5.4 as baseline for classes and just making tweaks, not wholesale changes would do a lot of good. BFA "could" be good but it has too many problems in too many areas. Revert to 5.4 and do a overhaul of the Azerite system and this expansion could be fun. It wont happen, and sadly most of us will put up with this for the next two years, but I guess we can always wish....
09/30/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Kelwin
I loved MOP class design. Yes there were some issues but nothing like right now. I tanked, Healed and DPS'ed. Every class felt fun and playable, I do not think I ever had so many classes raiding at one time then I did back in MOP. Every class now feels clunky or ability starved. Maybe since they are making a Classic server they will make a MOP server...

In all seriousness though. I think reinstating Mop 5.4 as baseline for classes and just making tweaks, not wholesale changes would do a lot of good. BFA "could" be good but it has too many problems in too many areas. Revert to 5.4 and do a overhaul of the Azerite system and this expansion could be fun. It wont happen, and sadly most of us will put up with this for the next two years, but I guess we can always wish....
The Legion class design was overhauled around the artifact weapons. BfA still uses the Legion class design but we don't have artifact weapons.

It really makes no sense.
09/30/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Lazzlow

It’s called opinion

Player choice is good
09/30/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Lazzlow

It’s called opinion
If blizzard worked hard enough I’m sure there would be a way to give players the maximum amount of customization, while making many viable combinations of talents, leading to styles similar to class rotations now, and others similar to class rotations then.

I’m sure it’s possible, and I would love for this to happen, but I won’t push it because I’m not sure exactly what it takes to create something like this, as it seems complicated
ok heres the thing
i loves wrath talent trees
yet
i loved prime, major, and minor glyphs
i miss having relics even tho they were few and far between
i miss having a ranged weapon for classes that could use it
Wod Death's Advance was the best version
i miss Presences
i miss warrior stances like berserker stance get hit get rage use abilities to get rage spend rage on other abilities

basically i miss the complexity