Horde side Darkshore questline

Story Forum
1 2 3 20 Next
I didn't take screenshots but here's a summary of it:

-Arrive in Darkshore at night. The moon is black and covering the sun in an unnatural night. It looks like the Ysera cinematic.
-The Horde is based at a goblin camp outside the blighted ruins of Lor'danel.
-Nathanos says all the scouts they've sent out have not come back, that this night is unnatural and the night elves are up to something.
-You kill and raise Vengeful Sentinels, and kill lieutenants to figure out what's going on. None of them tell you, Sira taunts you via talking head after each one.
-You find a wisp and drag it back to camp to look into its memories and find out what happened. Cutscene's not in, but I imagine it's Tyrande going Night Warrior.
-Nathanos tells you to go find Delaryn and raise her, Sylvanas was very specific about wanting Delaryn.
-Sira attacks you at the beach. On her knees, she says Tyrande will come to help her, but then when she dies she says "Where... is she...?"
-Tyrande arrives as Nathanos is setting up the Val'kyr. You have to fight her, Sentinels, and worgen as the Valks do their work. She has a cool new S-shaped glaive.
    Nathanos: "How uncouth for the Queen of the...Tree Elves, was it? No that won't do. What are you queen of now?"
    Tyrande. "I am no queen. I am the kaldorei's vengeance!"

-Part way into the fight Tyrande turns everything black, you can't see beyond a few feet of you. You get rooted. When the lights come back Malfurion is there helping her.
-Sira and Delaryn are raised. They tell Tyrande they believed in her, but she and Elune abandoned them.
    Delaryn: We have nothing left. We are Forsaken.

-Tyrande kills one of the two Valks.
-Fly away on plaguebats, Malfurion promises Tyrande to hunt you down.
-Back at base:
    Sira: You made it out. Good. So did I.
    Delaryn: <Delaryn doesn't seem to be looking at you> (she's staring at her hand)

-Sira says they all have their reasons for accepting the gift of undeath, but now's not the time to talk. Sylvanas has been dealt a terrible blow today.
-Talk to Nathanos and ask what happens now, he plays a cinematic that's not in. I assume it's night elves preparing since Nathanos is staring into the forest.
Sira: i'm going to kill you
Sira: oh no i'm being beaten but tyrande will save me
Sira: oh no tyrande didn't show up guess i'm dead now
Sira: screw tyrande 4 letting me die, ty for murdering me. i'm on your team now.
Thank you for posting all of this up here.
God, this is such a thin plot...
10/04/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Reignac
-Sira says they all have their reasons for accepting the gift of undeath, but now's not the time to talk. Sylvanas has been dealt a terrible blow today.

lol

Did Blizzard just pull a "They're Horde because reasons?"
Of course any time they give The Night Elves any sort of shine they have to taint it with “Im going to serve my murderers and those who spat on me while on my deathbed because you abandoned me!!”

One step forward two steps back.

Has any race been treated so horrifically by Blizzard?
10/04/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Helena
Of course any time they give The Night Elves any sort of shine they have to taint it with “Im going to serve my murderers and those who spat on me while on my deathbed because you abandoned me!!”

Maybe the draenei. We save the Exodar, but kill Velen's kid.
10/04/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Helena

Orcs.

WHAT?!!!!!
did she literally became sylvanas?
It’s so weird.. we kill her, essentially rob her of everything, and she’s just like “Welp I have nothing left I’m a Forsaken now!”

Is this all we need to do? Rob people of everything and they’ll be willing to join us in undeath? I’d think she hates Sylv for killing her, not Tyrande for being unable to save her.

Like....what?
10/04/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Etheldald

WHAT?!!!!!

No, because if she did she would hate Sylvanas and try to kill her.
lol... just... lol.

Oh my god. Please let that be a placeholder. That feels like a line a high schooler would write in their fanfiction.

WHAT?!!!!!

She's Sylvanas but raised with free will and best friends with Arthas.

This better be a joke....
10/04/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Lena

WHAT?!!!!!

No, because if she did she would hate Sylvanas and try to kill her.
That makes sense right? After all, the Horde killed her lover, slaughtered her people, forced her to watch her home and all her people burn to death, and killed her. But clearly it's the Alliance that needs to suffer.

I don't think the writing team has the best grasp on how... basically any kind of sensible mentality works.
This is such trash it almost physically hurts to read. ''lul im going to join those who killed me and thousands of my people because ... uh... ill tell you later i guess idk''

I suppose Teldrassil wasn't enough, cdev still want to get off on some more night elf torture !@#$.

So bad. Fire this writing team.
Now that I am done laughing.

Jesus, I was joking when I proclaimed my faith in blizzard to somehow throw something unexpected, yet even worse, then what I would hate to see happen.
So the Night Elves still can't hold their own properly against the Forsaken even after the powerup? Night Warrior Tyrande and Malfurion don't get to stomp Nathanos and two val'kyr? And night elves can still be killed and raised even after the big Night Warrior debacle?

Yeesh...
10/04/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Aureton
So the Night Elves still can't hold their own properly against the Forsaken even after the powerup? Night Warrior Tyrande and Malfurion don't get to stomp Nathanos and two val'kyr? And night elves can still be killed and raised even after the big Night Warrior debacle?

Yeesh...

Sounds like the Horde runs away, not that the Nelfs can't hold their own.